It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video.. fan runs on to pitch and punches player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Found this video, and found it quite shocking. This should not happen to a professional sportsman.

I don't condone violence but i'm happy his teammate gave him a good kick, he deserved it.

link
edit on 31-10-2011 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

When you think about it, teams do this to eachother all the time; and they dont get arrested.
So its really double standards

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Good technique with the overhand right

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I knew this was soccer. Crazy fans! And soccer players are approachable too compared to American football players. Soccer players are skinny twinks compared to Football players. In fact it's one of the reasons soccer will never be popular in the US, imho....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
Good technique with the overhand right

Actually it sucked...

What kind a p*ssy cracks someone when their not looking...not only that..but he was unable to defend himself...should have been an easy knockout...but the idiot couldn't even do that..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Does that even count as a punch? Looks like it was more of a slap with the front of the hand either way that player dropped like a little girl.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

A reflex to have a penalty called?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
I knew this was soccer. Crazy fans! And soccer players are approachable too compared to American football players. Soccer players are skinny twinks compared to Football players. In fact it's one of the reasons soccer will never be popular in the US, imho....

Its funny you say that because Rugby isn't popular in the states and that's played by "real" men without protection like your "football" players...your logic for "why it wont be popular" is majorly flawed...

ETA: The players who kicked him when he was down should be banned for life. Yes he punched the player...let the authorities deal with that but kicking him in the face with studded boots on is ridiculous
edit on 31/10/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Yeah, yeah, I get it. Played Football in college and Rugby on an Army team. "Toughness" aside, the thought of standing up to, or attacking, a rugby player is still easier to fathom than running up to an NFL linebacker.

The average weight of an NFL player is currently 248 pounds. An average offensive lineman weighs in at 318 lbs.

Twisted steel and sex appeal...and no cauliflower ears.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Its funny you say that because Rugby isn't popular in the states and that's played by "real" men without protection like your "football" players...your logic for "why it wont be popular" is majorly flawed...

Hmmm football players who wear helmets to protect themselves...are not considered "real" men..but the ones who don't wear protection are "real" men. Hard to say but I do know who gets points for being intelligent...US football players...
I mean C'mon it doesn't take genius to know that wearing no protection is idiotic.

Spinal cord injuries in rugby union players

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

You do know many times more people play rugby than american football.

The NFL has a far worse injury ratio, especially with concussions.

espn.go.com...

Rugby is global and the NFL is regional. Thats all you need to know about the sports. Generally the NFL is considered a joke because none of them can tackle, they just fly in head 1st and helmets are the cause of that.

Its the same reason hockey players get all the concussions from hard plastic armour.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

ETA: The players who kicked him when he was down should be banned for life. Yes he punched the player...let the authorities deal with that but kicking him in the face with studded boots on is ridiculous

Really? Cause I thought that was the best part! I wish the authorities would have stayed back a little while and let the teammates dole out some justice. You don't run out and cheapshot somebody from behind, in the ear, and not expect major repercussions from their teammates.

ETA:
Also, I'm an American, and a big NFL football fan, and I still have to agree with others that Rugby is a pretty good "tough guy" sport! I think in Soccer you have to be tough to be a fan, LOL! But Rugby is what football in the US used to be like. Now the NFL has so many rules to protect players that it is ridiculous. They mostly get hurt from their own musculature putting too much leverage on their own bones. They are unnaturally developed. I wish Rugby would take off in the US, it is a pretty tough sport.
edit on 31-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

top topics

join