It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sleeper Has Awakened! (A note about the Occupy Movement)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So many people have lost their faith in the common man. They have been trained to believe that the citizens are sheep and need to be controlled. Yet, the exact opposite is true; the common man should be the one doing the controlling.

We are your brother, your sister, your mother, your father, your friend, your co-worker, the stranger on the street and your neighbor. We are the common human. When we act in solidarity toward the common ideals of freedom, equality, liberty and independance we become unstopable. This is why they fear us. This is why they attack us.

From the perspective of the powerful elite (and their lackeys) our very nature threatens their precious status quo. We demonstrate courage in the face of adversity and determination in the face of oppression. Long ago in the forgotten when we handed over the reigns of control and went to sleep, secure in the knowlege of our comfort. This was a mistake.

We are here to tell the world that the sleeper has awakened and we are not happy with the way things have been handled during our repose. We intend to address the problem. We can imagine a better world, and through the power of our combined belief we will act to create it.

Solidarity!

The following are my personal Imaginings based upon that premise:

Imagine if we all reached concensus as a group and were to guide the actions of our society in solidarity.

Imagine if most of the profit (after expenses of course) were shared with the employees instead of the stockholders.

Imagine if you didn't have to live paycheck to paycheck and consequently felt like your future was safe and secure.

Imagine if you knew with absolute confidence that your daughter would get a college education if she wanted one.

Imagine if nobody had to live hungry or homeless or sick against their will.

It may sound eutopian to reach for those ideals, but it isn't. I believe that all of them are possible to one degree or another.

We are the 99% and we will prevail.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Dear Mods, I just realized this post might better belong in the "Social Issues and Civil Unrest" forum. Please feel free to leave it here or move it wherever you think it best belongs. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You are very right! I agree 100% In fact u just posted a post with similar wording called (We are not outnumbered, they are!! Please help before its too late!) You are in the same mind set as me, action must be taken to serve the earth and humanity in a positive manor. Also ATS is now controlled by the government because of the exposing of there actions. I can see it and feel it. If you are attacked in this thread its from some form of government mind control or government employe or employes. Take care!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
Also ATS is now controlled by the government because of the exposing of there actions. I can see it and feel it. If you are attacked in this thread its from some form of government mind control or government employe or employes. Take care!

Seriously, why do you feel the need to speak utter claptrap? (or is your whole post sarcasm? hard to tell sometimes on the net)

If your post was serious, then okay, you state as a fact ATS is now run by the government. Please tell me you have something more to base that on other than ''I can feel it'' because if not you are just paranoid or delusional or both.

Uh oh, now you're gonna say I work for the government aren't you?

new topics

top topics

join