It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the illuminati come from!? (Good Stuff in here)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
So, I decided to go ahead and do my own compilation of Illuminati research.
I'm now undoubtedly under the direct IP supervision of every secret society on earth, as well as the Illuminati. *GasP* they know I'm curious.

So, I've come across quite a bit of obscure information that I'd like to share with you all.

I seem to be reading here that the Illuminati in fact had it's origins in the Knights Templar. Though, it's no real surprise to me, and many of you probably already know this. But, did you know that it was well before the end of the 14th century that the order became secretive, and began to assert their power over the ruling class of the world?

The Order was created in Jerusalem in 1119, some years after the Crusaders conquered the Holy Land. At the concile of Troyes in 1128, its rule was dictated by Saint Bernard. Its official role was to protect pilgrims. Through donations, the Templars gained many possessions in Europe and became bankers. At the end of the 13th century, the Christians lost all land in the middle east. The french king Philippe le Bel arrested all Templars in France in 1307, under suspicion of heresy. The pope Clement V suspended the Order in 1312. The last grand master, Jacques de Molay, was burnt by order of the king in Paris in 1314 because he revoked his initial confession of heresy. The french king asked the other european sovereigns to also arrest the knights in their countries, but except for Provence and Italy, the knights were not prosecuted in other countries.
Now, here's where it gets murky.

When the Order of the Templars was suspended by the pope, the king Dinis of Portugal founded the Order of Christ which would inheritate the possessions of the Templars in his country. It is contested whether or not the Templars were allowed to enter this new order. There are indications that, even before the end of the Order, its spiritual continuation was guaranteed through the Rosicrucians. Another assumption is, that Templars who fled to Scotland have founded Freemasonry. The names of some higher grades in that organisation suggest an inspiration of the Templars, but a direct descent from the Templars is often refuted (Joseph de Maistre, 1782).

So, let me tie this all together for you.

We know that today, we usually tie the Illuminati and the Catholic church fairly closely together. I for one have never been quite sure why this is, but It has always just been right. Now, my theory is that after the dismantling of the Knights Templar, they scattered throughout the world, forming, as the article mentioned, such groups as the Freemasons. I honestly believe that the dismantling was in name only, and the order persisted under a new assumed name of the 'Illuminati'.
This, for the duration of my research, will denote the formation of the Illuminati. (Also, at the time of the dissolution of the Templar, I believe that the pope was not part of the Illuminati's inner circles)

King Dinis didn't believe the accusations made against the Templars, and when the Pope dissolved the Templars, he decided to form a new order, to which the Templar holdings would be given. The Order of Christ was founded in 1319. The Headquarters of the order was eventually established at Tomar, which had been the Templar centre since the twelfth century. The Convento de Cristo at Tomar was extended throughout the Order's flowering in the age of discovery. It still exists, and is well worth a visit.

I can tell you that the above paragraph seems very suspicious to me, so I decided here that the Order of Christ was most likely a front for the continuation of the Templar, whom by this point I'm assuming referred to themselves as the Illuminati.

One of the driving forces behind the Illuminati is exploration and new knowledge...basically...a desire to know all there is to know.

Prince Henry the Navigator was born in 1394, the third son of King Jo�o of Portugal.

At the age of nineteen, Henry and his brothers convinced King Jo�o to launch a Crusade against Ceuta, a Muslim stronghold on the African side across from Gibraltar. Henry's avowed aim was to extend the Holy Faith of Jesus Christ and bring it to all souls who wish to find salvation. This aim throws some light on his vocation for crusade and exploration.
Soon after the success of the expedition against Ceuta, Henry was appointed Governor of the Order of Christ, beginning an association whereby the Order became involved in Henry's voyages of discovery around the coast of Africa.

The Atlantic islands - the Azores and Madeiras had probably been discovered earlier, but Henry colonised them. His main aim was however to explore, and specifically to go south beyond Cape Bojador, just south of the Canaries, whose reefs and difficult currents had presented a psychological stopping point for previous expeditions. For generations, Spanish sea-lore had asserted that the coast of Africa was unnavigable past this point, and it took Henry 15 expeditions between 1424 and 1434 before one passed beyond the Cape. The exploration continued, and in 1441, an expedition brought back 200 slaves, the first tangible commercial success of the exploration. This changed public opinion of the expeditions, which up to that time had been seen as a waste of money.

The trade continued to prosper, and African goods filled Lisbon's markets and swelled the coffers of the Order of Christ. Trading posts were established, defended by the brethren, while the Templar's red cross continued to sail south. In 1460, the year of Henry's death, King Afonso V granted the Knights of Christ a 5% levy on all merchandise from the new African lands.

Aha! So we see here that the order of christ began what the illuminati now maintain. We can also see here where the Illuminati have gotten their near bottomless supply of funding. The picture, it seems, is beginning to take form here.

In 1789 the Portuguese Order lost its religious character, being secularised by Queen Mary. The Papal Order became the Supreme Order of Christ, the highest of the five Pontifical Orders now in existence. Membership is reserved for Christian heads of state.

Take careful note of the date in this last snippet. It seems here that the 'Portugese' order 'lost' it's religious charter only when a new hub of world power was set to spinning. This was less than a decade after America had become A country of it's own, and the Illuminati now saw it's moment to strike. A fledgling country with far more potential than the whole of europe combined, and they were in position to take complete control over it.

So. That's about it for now. If there's something that I missed, that you'd like to see put in here, let me know, and I'll get right on it.

Peace.

Research sources:
www2.vo.lu...
www.thornr.demon.co.uk...

*edit: Spacing issues

[edit on 9-1-2004 by Loki]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
ONly one answer from VATICAN
such as FRANC maconnerie

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Read the thread next time.

I'm not asking. I'm telling.

Good try, though.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
U have the answer u can believe that u want

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yes, I will thank you.

But, I'm american, see, so that's not enough. I have to try to push my beliefs on other people. Because I want them to be free. Because I want to share my American freedom with them. Can't you see? You cant? pfft. Stupid terrorist.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
American freedom ahahah
don t talk to me about freedom ok
The CUSTOM Patriot Act, published 6 days after September 11, allows the detention arbitrary of citizens notably, for an unlimited length and without judgment. Some similar laws have also been adopted in most western countries, notably to Canada, in Britain, and in France (with the Perben laws and Sarkozy).
Freedom was past now

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It was a Joke. You know, rife with sarcasm?

Okay. You just killed the humor, and we're derailing the thread. U2U me if you want to say something.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
. . . the Templars gained many possessions in Europe and became bankers. At the end of the 13th century, the Christians lost all land in the middle east. The french king Philippe le Bel arrested all Templars in France in 1307, under suspicion of heresy. The pope Clement V suspended the Order in 1312. The last grand master, Jacques de Molay, was burnt by order of the king in Paris in 1314 because he revoked his initial confession of heresy. The french king asked the other european sovereigns to also arrest the knights in their countries, but except for Provence and Italy, the knights were not prosecuted in other countries.
Now, here's where it gets murky.

I disagree- I think it was already murky. IF you're following a Templar tie-in then you need to re-look at the time frame you are trying to leave. Lots of things were going on.

So, let me tie this all together for you.

We know that today, we usually tie the Illuminati and the Catholic church fairly closely together. I for one have never been quite sure why this is, but It has always just been right.

I know a lot of Catholics that will be surprised by this "revelation."
Those who direct the Illuminati are against Christ and for Satan

Re-look at your Clement V statement.

One of the driving forces behind the Illuminati is exploration and new knowledge...basically...a desire to know all there is to know.

Really?

I disagree. Their sole purpose is control.

King Afonso V granted the Knights of Christ a 5% levy on all merchandise from the new African lands.

Aha! So we see here that the order of [C]hrist began what the illuminati now maintain. We can also see here where the Illuminati have gotten their near bottomless supply of funding. The picture, it seems, is beginning to take form here.

You have not even scratched the surface of this diabolical �order.� Instead of giving you some URLs that may or may not be helpful let me do better (I hope) and give you a brief road map that with the wonder og Google will lead you in to a treasure house of knowledge.

This name Weishaupt
and
Robespierre
and
John Robison , a mason that all of us owe much to. A true craft-mason.
and
The Congress of Vienna
and
Battle of Waterloo + stock market in England
and
Karl Marx + Karl Ritter
and
Albert Pike, another mason that we all owe a debt to only because of his hubris.

Find out about �the mad Arab,� Abdul Alhazred. Great story.

I try not to be superstitious but- If you run across the Necronomicon do NOT buy it! If you read it then do so at your own risk. If you buy or are given a copy of it you may never get rid of it. �It can only be stolen by one who knows its perils.� As far as I know this is the only way to relief of this cursed book. Lovecraft's version has no such curse but also leaves much out. It is entertaining though.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yes, I'm sure that there are alot of catholics that will be surprised by a Vatican-Illuminati tie in, but the simple truth is, as I've shown, that the Vatican has spawned, and on the sly still supports the Illuminati. Simple fact.

Now, whether or not they actually support satan (Illuminati) puts the Vatican in questionable light, now doesn't it?

As for the sole purpose of the Illuminati being control...

I think you're wrong there. Look at all the excavations that the Templar carried out in the 12th and 13th centuries. They were searching for knowledge.

Apparently, they found alot. Enough that they know alot more than we do about our world's history.

Bottom line here is that I was looking for the big exclamation point stuff here. Thank you for your input. I'll have to browse what you've given me. But I'd also like to make it clear that I've fallen victim to the classic blunder. I've posted selective information. Looks like I've left some stuff out, and it may or may not be pivotal. Apologies

Peace.

*edit: Finish up the post.

[edit on 9-1-2004 by Loki]

join