It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rocks found on the Moon!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
Unfortunately the GE image you have shown is a top-down view and not an oblique view therefore, the image cannot be used for comparison purposes. Sorry.
Why, do you know the angle of the GE image?

And you haven't answered my previous question (on another, related, thread) do you consider an 88.3º angle (the angle between the camera and the surface on this photo) an oblique view or do you think it can be considered as a top-down view?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Unless there were extremely tall structures in the image, like very tall skyscrapers, my guess is most people would probably have a hard time telling the difference between two images if one was taken at 90 degrees, and the other at 88 degrees.

The source of the image I posted doesn't specify an angle, it could also be 88 degrees for all I know.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Looking at that area on Google Earth, and using a 9 stories building as a reference, it looks like that photo was taken with the camera making a 63.6º angle with the vertical, but my trigonometry may be wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Looking at that area on Google Earth, and using a 9 stories building as a reference, it looks like that photo was taken with the camera making a 63.6º angle with the vertical, but my trigonometry may be wrong.
Are you talking about this photo?

majortrend.tv...

Did you account for the fact that GE often uses different imagery at different resolutions?

I didn't analyze the photo yet, but my impression is that one is not taken at 90 degrees, but I also didn't think it was as far as 26 degrees off, but I suppose it could be and if it is that disputes the statement about it being a "top-down" view as that's a significant deviation from 90 degrees.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Are you talking about this photo?
Yes.

Did you account for the fact that GE often uses different imagery at different resolutions?
Yes, but the colours look exactly the same when zoomed in, so I think it's the same photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join