It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OccupyOakland protests - Navyman stands Alone in tear gas.filled Police Firestorm

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, as moving as the video would be. There is no way this guy is currently serving. Number 1 he has an ear ring and number 2 it is forbidden to be at any demonstrations or protests in uniform. He may be a vet but there is no way he is a current member of the military.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In the navy,not in the navy.
Earing appropriate or not.
Did serve,is serving.

WHO CARES!!!

The point is,one person stood in defiance of authority.
He stood up for what he belived in,he could have been nude,the point would still be the same.

And for his brave actions,he should be comended.

Heres an example of another average person,with much conviction who made a stand.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Comparing peaceful protesters to terrorists? WOW that's a stretch so they are wanting to be maced, shot with projectiles and possibly arrested? Give me a break, the police are in riot gear at a PROTEST!
FEAR THE HIPPIES FOLKS!

You didn't read what I wrote, but I've made it easy for you...

"Am I equating protesters to terrorists? NO! But I AM saying that they are resorting to the same tactics to make the other side look bad." ~me

I fully support the police being in riot gear, because it WAS a riot. You cannot fault them for that.

OH he must be "crazy" because he believes in upholding the constitution, because he fought for his country and continues to do so now on his home soil? He takes pride in his uniform because it means something! I think you are mentally unfit with that statement. He should not have to move an inch, this land is my land this land is your land...you know the song right? Maybe you forgot what it was about.

Don't editorialize my words. My comment on "crazy protester" was referencing the fact that they are only crazy when they stand there and refuse to do what they're told, then get hurt when non-lethal force is applied to force them to comply, then they try to blame the cops. This is about as absurd as someone breaking into my home, me shooting him, then me going to jail because he sued me for personal injury. And yes, when riots break out, he SHOULD move when he's told to do so, otherwise there are consequences. I don't find him a brave hero at all. I find him stupid and defiant, which is probably why he is no longer serving in our armed forces because he has a problem with authority and following simple orders.

ORLY and how do you propose what that would be? I don't see you coming up with solutions?

I have my own suggestions, but I also have my opinions as to what is wrong, which may not be in line with others' opinions. The solutions are simple, but people would rather protest than follow through. First, get out of debt. Second, stop making debt. Third, make whatever sacrifices you must to make the first two happen. Fourth, stop using the banks and switch over to a local bank or a credit union. Five, stop buying things that are not made in the U.S. Six, boycott the big corporations, and do your homework! There's more, but I think you get the idea.

He IS BRAVE and i would like to see you stand there in the tear gas without flinching!

I have...many times.

Sounds like you don't want change like the rest of the OWS critics IMHO.

Not true. I simply think that all this "drama" detracts from the message and doesn't promote change at all.

We choose to use peace, sounds like a crazy concept huh?

Throwing things at the police is peaceful? Not by my standards, sorry.

Anyone that tries to kill a unarmed marine or even a civilian for practicing his amended rights is NOT my brother.

No one TRIED to kill anyone. It was an unfortunate situation that would have easily been avoided had that man followed directions and dispersed from the area as he was instructed to do. Please show me where anyone has the right to break the law without consequences. The protest was not peaceful, the cops did their jobs, people were injured (including cops), but the only ones whining about it are the protesters.

Keeping the peace with rubber bullets, flash bang grenades and tear gas. LOL

So, let's say you're a cop. They start throwing things at you, injuring a few in your ranks. You pull out a bull horn and proceed to give instructions to give them every opportunity to leave on their own accord. They don't, and they continue to throw things. Your only next option is to apply non-lethal force. There is no problem here, except that protesters think they are above the law.

He wears a "ear ring" he must hate the military? WOW talk about shooting any credibility you might have had all to hell!

No. If he had RESPECT for his service and RESPECT for the uniform he use to wear, he would have never put it on without removing the earring. The earring is NOT a part of the uniform. It's clear you have never served your country in this capacity, otherwise you would have understood what I wrote. Don't editorialize my words, please.

So Wall Street is the Military? The Banks, the FED as well?

No. That's not what I said. I think it's possible that there are multiple factions involved that have agendas, and "planting" someone like this in a crowd would easily serve that agenda. The point I was making was to stop believing everything you see, and stop taking them at face value, because no one knows the whole story. And look what's happening here. People are arguing and calling others names...over what???

If you are clinically insane!

I rest my case. I will not return the rudeness.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Agree, chrismarco. It's idiots, such as that immature twit, that the media loves to profile. I wish they knew how stupid they sound and kept their mouths shut. There's always a few regardless of OWS emphasizing the importance of respect and trying to convince the police they should join.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Tell you one thing that Vet Navy Officer has more guts than any Veteran in ATS. Would you have the Bravery to stand in front of riot police. Half of those who have criticized this individual would run at the first site of riot police. And who cares he is wearing an earing. Get over it already.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I saved this image.

The epitome of bravery.
We should salute, support and stand beside him.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
God bless that brave soldier!

This soldier IS DOING HIS DUTY....UPHOLDING THE LAW OF THE LAND, THE US CONSTITUTION.

That is his very FIRST DUTY!

I do see SHAME in the eyes of some of those police, yet not ONE of them put down his weapons and riot gear and joined the peaceful protest....also shameful.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have heard the saying standing tall before the man,now I have actually seen it.thanks for posting I havent seen that one yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Gotta love the "debunkers."

Guy in a navy uniform, wearing an earring, standing in the face of tear gas while waving a flag that says "Veterans for Peace."

They use their immense powers of investigation to surmise that this man is not currently serving, by citing the earring and the DoD uniform regs violations. It's kind of like looking at the tailpipe of a Ford F150 and deducing that it's a Ford, when the logo is a foot above your nose. Yeah, I know, active duty folk can join VFP too.

Even more fun, is the logical tour de force we're treated to by a few who state that because an active member of the armed forces wouldn't risk their family's livelihood by violating regs, he must be some wannabe who went to the surplus store. As if this rampant speculation somehow negates the courage we see right in front of us.

The military uniform = human shield argument makes me giggle too. As if somehow subjecting yourself to physical reprisal while wearing a uniform to make a statement is somehow equivalent to protecting yourself FROM that reprisal, then spinning the incident to emphasize the crime against the victim.

I expected more from the anit-OWS folks. A better effort, at least.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kushin
reply to post by onehuman

Am I the only who has picked up on the fact there have been dozens of protests globally in the so called arab spring, where the protesters suddenly become armed to the teeth with top grade weaponary and the ability to call in their mates from nato who heroically bomb 1000's of families for them,

Yet America is the most heavily armed nation on earth, and not one outbreak of insurgency/murder!

Stay strong America, your change is coming and the imposter in the whitehouse will fall along with all his backers and blackmailers!

Peace

who will he be replaced by, the next round of imposters and blackmailers. People need to vote for more than a face , they need to do more research than watch a mudslinging commercial the day before they go to the polls.

edit on 2-11-2011 by jed001 because: typo

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow, just wow! We are living out history right now folks! It will get deeper. My heart goes out to him. There was such passion in that moment....truly sad.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this, it really stroke a note for me

I'd love to see this happening across the world, I believe it would make a difference and be a light of some sort for the ones that are still "asleep".

The way he was staring them down made them stop for a moment and just stand there...dumbfounded and, hopefully, reconsidering their actions.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Funnily enough I thought the exact same thing but didn't mention it when the OP made his post. One man and a tank.

"The whole world is watching!"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

A riot? How is a man standing in uniform and holding a copy of the constitution a riot? Even with a crowd of spectators? Even after the police or other unidentified "security" forces started firing projectiles, tear gas and flashbangs there still wasn't a riot. There were just people running for cover and trying to help each other. Are you stoned or just being deliberately dense?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
LOL @ meditation in a "Police firestorm". That is amazingly ignorant. A "firestorm". I watched that video and became bored at certain points. Firestorm... Firestorm??? Tell that to anyone who has served in active combat or your grandfather who served in a war, show them this video and ask them if they can believe for a moment that this firestorm actually took place.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
LOL @ meditation in a "Police firestorm". That is amazingly ignorant. A "firestorm". I watched that video and became bored at certain points. Firestorm... Firestorm??? Tell that to anyone who has served in active combat or your grandfather who served in a war, show them this video and ask them if they can believe for a moment that this firestorm actually took place.

And what do you not understand about the word civilian? Hmmm?
PS Never took place? Facepalm. Mega Major Multi facepalm.
edit on 4/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You're right, I will jump on this bandwagon because a guy in a sailor suit stood around with a flag in at best mild tear gas and a woman was meditating around this police brutality and war zone. Where can I sign up to follow you around in your amazing crusade?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Thats a little short sighted, don't you think? He is not the movement, the idea or the catalyst. He is just a symbol of peaceful protest. Well, till they start all the firing anyway.

edit on 4/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

So let me get this straight, the big bad police are targeting peaceful people? The police had no crack dealers to bust so they decided this guy dressed in a sailor outfit is where we need to go? WHERE IS THE REST OF THE VIDEO? We only see gas around two people.. If you can prove to me that a couple dozen police mobilized to contain the anarchy that is this guy and some mediation lady, I will join you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Perhaps another here can provide you with that evidence but till now the only film footage I have seen is of peaceful protests being disrupted and attacked by Police under government/council/official orders that have been temporalily imposed. I am not an American and therefore have not been on site at one of these protests and can only base my opinion on the evidence shown. Till now, all I have seen is of PEACEFUL PROTESTERS until "security forces" start trying to excalate matters.

Crack dealers? Pfffff!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join