OccupyOakland protests - Navyman stands Alone in tear gas.filled Police Firestorm

page: 3
118
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
most likely a military hater too. How do I know this? Because he's sporting a big, fat earring in his ear.

Really, some people are bent out of shape over an earring? Time to raid my girlfriend's jewelry.




posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caveman242
 

You know this is really nothing new and has been going on for years? The previous generation did this too John Kerry was among them, he later went on to almost become president.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman
 


yoga woman did the sign of the cross. lol.


Guilt is a hell of a motivator. Maybe a union of cops will join in.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caveman242
 


Well, good job looking up all these dictations. However as I'm sure you copied and pasted them from an online manual, may I remind you that this movement IS NOT POLITICAL.

Read the second amendment.
Then realize the fact that Dress blues are a presentable way to show what 99% percent pertains to.
Who's to say he isn't on his way home from a Navy event? And what the hell does it matter. COPY AND PASTE regulations don't change the fact that the majority of veterans back there families up in this American movement. This has to do with our future.
By the way, I've been to several demonstrations for military and presidential funding, how come "COPY AND PASTE" people like you weren't there stating that bull at that event?..............Yeah....save them regs for newbies....goodnight.

P.s. Been to Iraq 3 times, don't question my patriotism.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by caveman242
 

You know this is really nothing new and has been going on for years? The previous generation did this too John Kerry was among them, he later went on to almost become president.


We can talk about John Kerry later
My only point was that I did not think he was a true miltary guy. Ive been doing the whole Army thing for 14 years now and while I will admit my ear is pierced..you would not catch me wearing a ear ring. Mainly because I dont feel like putting up with the S#%t storm that would come my way if anyone from the commamd saw me. Thats why I think that this guy isnt military, he would know that if he showed up at the OWS event in uniform with a ear ring....a S&%t storm would be incomming.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
ahh .. it seems the rest of the protestors have ran away .. brave people i might add ,, a few cans of tear gas and they run like a bunch of scared rabbits how in the hell do they expect to take back the country for the people if they are not willing to fight for it. one will never understand , kudos to the sailor i'd stand too just because what is happening is tyranical and it aint even my country .


edit on 29-10-2011 by akapapasmurf because: well it appeared my previous comments were not acceptable


Because these chicken shirts won't be the ones who will ultimately fight for our freedom (Except for the sailor). Granola heads don't "believe" in guns. They think that meditating and thinking about rainbows and candy canes will make the coppers have a change of heart. Sure, they are making a difference - getting things going, but when push comes to shove, they'll be at home cleaning out their britches.

I've been saying this for a couple years now... when the SHTF, the cops will follow orders, the military won't.

Told ya.





edit on 29-10-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-10-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-10-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronfairness
reply to post by caveman242
 


Well, good job looking up all these dictations. However as I'm sure you copied and pasted them from an online manual, may I remind you that this movement IS NOT POLITICAL.

Read the second amendment.
Then realize the fact that Dress blues are a presentable way to show what 99% percent pertains to.
Who's to say he isn't on his way home from a Navy event? And what the hell does it matter. COPY AND PASTE regulations don't change the fact that the majority of veterans back there families up in this American movement. This has to do with our future.
By the way, I've been to several demonstrations for military and presidential funding, how come "COPY AND PASTE" people like you weren't there stating that bull at that event?..............Yeah....save them regs for newbies....goodnight.

P.s. Been to Iraq 3 times, don't question my patriotism.


First off i dont recall questioning your patriotism...Must have missed that part in my copy and paste.
FWI..Iraq once, Afghanistan twice and Bosnia one time. I mean if we are counting and want to pull out our E-Peen...

You can sit there and say Im just a copy and paste guy all you want, I really dont care. When it comes down to it this guy is either someone who is in the navy and decided to say the Hell with the regulations and doom himself or he is a average Joe who went to the army and navy surplus and got a uniform.

Its not personal brother, thanks for your service. Im only typing what I think.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman
 


Well, not quite a tear gas infused firestorm imo but no less symbolic.
Nice book he had in his hand, too bad many of those boys in blue don't know a damn thing bout that book.
All that waste for a peaceful protest, honestly 1 cop could do a better job at policing those folks than 100.
The people would get to know their cop, like back when.
But, the cops wanna wear those cool black uniforms and play army man...



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Silly argument as a whole.

Doesn't matter if this man is military or not. I also noted the earring and had doubts about Navy or not.

HOWEVER, military or not, I am in wide-eyed awe of a man who stands up, peacefully noble, holding our Constitution and does not waver in the face of umpteen dozen now-known-to-be-brutal police in riot gear. All I could hear as the camera pans down the line of riot police is the noise of riot gear being readied, weapons being brought up, visors being lowered. And still this man - military or not - doesn't even flinch!

THAT, my friends is bravery. Uniform codes, military membership just stupid distractions from his actual actions and demeanor.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caveman242
 


Sorry man, it's nothing personnel. These movements really get me emotional, and the people that post bad things about them really hit a sore spot. I know how the 1% percent is controlling the rest of us through the government and other ways as well. Regulations are past me right now. I just want to see a change in the country that I protect. So many people that are doing well are against this movement, but they do not realize the hurt and pain that other families are going through. Man, and it is sad. I believe that everyone should be able to live the American dream if they work hard enough, and too many people aren't given the chance to work for their opportunity to live comfortably. I just feel so sorry for all of them, and I believe that the direction of this movement might set that possibility (of their success) in stone. Everyone deserves a chance, if not more than one (because everyone makes mistakes), to pursue their american dreams.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman
 


"Please shoot more tear gas we fuel off of your hatred"

Moron! He had to ruin a good video or atleast that shoud have been edited out...you know as well as I do there are some cops saying to themselves, what the hell am I doing here and what is this world coming to...strange times we live in folks..if it's not the asteroids, plaigues, tsunamis, birds dropping from the sky it's our own country ripping itself apart beating mother nature to the punch...in some way I just wish we had not evolved so quickly technologically..sounds crazy I know but I long for the days when we had no internet or cellphones and cartoons were a regular occurence every saturday morning...those were the days



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronfairness
One brave man versus multiple chicken#s. This is what it has all come down to, and this is the calm before the storm.


This isn't brave!! Overseas, we have terrorists using human shields. Here we have protesters using uniform shields. Both have one thing in common...they HOPE the other side injures them or the "shield", because it can then be used for propaganda to further their cause. As in, "look what those infidels did!!!" Am I equating protesters to terrorists? NO! But I AM saying that they are resorting to the same tactics to make the other side look bad. Nothing but a manipulative way to gain your emotional response. Feel manipulated yet? You should!

Brave....really? That's not brave. Brave would have been to stand there WITHOUT the uniform, as just another crazy protester who refused to move after being repeatedly told to do so. If they really wanted change with things that matter, they'd find a better and more effective way to do it, than to provoke their brothers in law enforcement, tasked with keeping the peace.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Gseven because: content
edit on 29-10-2011 by Gseven because: content



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronfairness
reply to post by caveman242
 


Sorry man, it's nothing personnel. These movements really get me emotional, and the people that post bad things about them really hit a sore spot. I know how the 1% percent is controlling the rest of us through the government and other ways as well. Regulations are past me right now. I just want to see a change in the country that I protect. So many people that are doing well are against this movement, but they do not realize the hurt and pain that other families are going through. Man, and it is sad. I believe that everyone should be able to live the American dream if they work hard enough, and too many people aren't given the chance to work for their opportunity to live comfortably. I just feel so sorry for all of them, and I believe that the direction of this movement might set that possibility (of their success) in stone. Everyone deserves a chance, if not more than one (because everyone makes mistakes), to pursue their american dreams.


Its all good brother. If we can both see different sides of it maybe we can both learn something. I thank you for your input and I will think about what you have said. But Im sad to say I must go to bed....the wife yells at me to do so. lol Good night and god bless and protect you!



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

They think that meditating and thinking about rainbows and candy canes will make the coppers have a change of heart.
]


Meditating is a way to help you not focus on something, even pain. The Buddhist monks performing self-immolation were meditating as they burned alive to help themselves refrain from showing any signs of pain. I didn't know those monks and the techniques they employed were about rainbows and candy canes? That sounds ignorant.

On subject, I've heard rumor that the protestors were throwing rocks and bottles at the police before any tear gas was used? I'm not showing support for the actions of the police I'm trying to show support for the truth. If anybody else has heard this and knows where to find some footage of these alleged violent protestors it would be helpful. The Navy man and the meditating person just show that there people want to protest peacefully even when it has become violent. If any protestors agitated this attack then they are definitely a very small portion and they're both naive and foolish.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
ahh .. it seems the rest of the protestors have ran away .. brave people i might add ,, a few cans of tear gas and they run like a bunch of scared rabbits how in the hell do they expect to take back the country for the people if they are not willing to fight for it. one will never understand , kudos to the sailor i'd stand too just because what is happening is tyranical and it aint even my country .


Because these chicken shirts won't be the ones who will ultimately fight for our freedom (Except for the sailor). Granola heads don't "believe" in guns. They think that meditating and thinking about rainbows and candy canes will make the coppers have a change of heart. Sure, they are making a difference - getting things going, but when push comes to shove, they'll be at home cleaning out their britches.


As a member of the "Granola" clan, I resent that statement, and so does my personal armory. When the time comes to fight, you'll be surprised by the people you thought were so passive.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
ahh .. it seems the rest of the protestors have ran away .. brave people i might add ,, a few cans of tear gas and they run like a bunch of scared rabbits how in the hell do they expect to take back the country for the people if they are not willing to fight for it. one will never understand , kudos to the sailor i'd stand too just because what is happening is tyranical and it aint even my country .


edit on 29-10-2011 by akapapasmurf because: well it appeared my previous comments were not acceptable


I'm guessing a lot of those people have not been through the gas chamber, and had to recite their A-B-C's ever, so, it's understandable for those people to run I guess, I don't blame them that much. If you have never been around that stuff, or have seen a use of force like this with your own two eyes, then ya, it would be a shock and awe to a point for the civies.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
You know, I cant help but wonder what some of those cops are standing there thinking while they look at him. I would think a couple of them had to of been in the service themselves. Must be a strange catch 22 for them.

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. Wondering if when they got off shift, they had to give these men pep talks to psych themselves up for the next round. It is true,there are police who are corrupt. But I have to think that a majority of cops are just the other working stiff. Looking to do a job, get a wage, go home to dinner...like everyone else. You know that the longer it continues, and the longer they are made to use force against a crowd that isn't in riot mode, but peaceful, the more it has to weigh on their conscience. Slowly building. Really wondering when the break is going to come.
At some point one of those men are going to break ranks, and step over the line to the other side, and that will be the trigger point for the rest of them. They are so entrained to take orders without question, but at some point they are going to be given a command that even their shut down conscience will recognize places them as the killer. That's when it will strike their mind, that they are being used. And that is when they figure out that the next target on the ptb list is the police themselves. The 'group' running the show is not going to leave an armed 'force' anywhere because they would be a threat to the 'group'.





top topics
 
118
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join


Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant