It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska passes ordinance to end its water fluoridation program!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Alaska passes ordinance to end its water fluoridation program!

www.naturalnews.com

Both Fairbanks and Juneau, which represent the second and third most populous cities in Alaska, respectively, recently decided to end their water fluoridation programs after some members of special fluoride task forces found water fluoridation to be a questionable and unsubstantiated "public health" protocol. But what really pushed the decision over the edge in both cases was the surge of public opposition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The report cites the fact that 99 percent of western continental Europe, as well as most of the rest of the world, has either ended or long-rejected water fluoridation for some of the very same reasons.

Only five percent of the world's population, after all, is exposed to artificially fluoridated water -- and 50 percent of such people live in North America, and primarily in the US.

Some parts of the UK also fluoridate the water supplies and most of Ireland. A lot of the United states also as you probably know.

There are big things happening, you can do something and help end water fluoridation in your area, simply by raising awareness! It doesn't take a lot of money (If any) as recent events have shown.

The water fluoridation revolution is happening people! Do your part in your area.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Political rhetoric won out over science and the best advice of our medical and dental community - looks like the Tea Party wants something rotten in America - teeth!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Political rhetoric won out over science and the best advice of our medical and dental community - looks like the Tea Party wants something rotten in America - teeth!

Yes how dare we as human beings want to drink water the way God intended it to be.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You and your crystallized shriveled pineal gland can continue to consume as much fluoride as you wish but as for me and my family.... No thanks. You don't swallow toothpaste for a reason! My teeth get enough fluoride from brushing them, Id like my water the way nature meant it to be.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

there is nothing wrong with fluoridation. heres a post i post in another thread.

Originally posted by Aletheia007
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Omg YOu are distorting the facts to suit your own agenda. here is a snippet from the link i provided since u havent even bothered to read.

Common misconceptions
It is often claimed by opponents of fluoridation that the aluminium and phosphate fertiliser industries have a vested interest in promoting water fluoridation. It is perhaps worthwhile addressing those claims here.
The phosphate fertiliser industry
Apatite is the raw material used in the manufacture of phosphate fertilizers, and Fluorine for the manufacture of fluorides for water fluoridation is recovered from this process. The manufacturing process of fluorosilicic acid for water fluoridation involves recovery of the product from a vapour phase, which ensures a high degree of purity. The product is therefore manufactured in tandem with the production of phosphoric acid, and can be described as a co-product. It would, however, be equally valid to describe phosphate fertilizers as coproducts of the manufacture of fluorosilicic acid, since each are valuable products.
The aluminium industry
The basis of the claims that the aluminium industry promotes fluoridation in order to dispose of its toxic waste seems to be based on a tenuous link more than 40 years ago in the USA. In the 1940s, The Aluminium Company of America
(ALCOA) acquired a chemical manufacturing plant which produced fluoride compounds by the method described above (not as a waste product of aluminium production). ALCOA was then using sodium fluoride as a catalyst in the aluminium smelting process, but soon replaced sodium fluoride with less costly fluoride compounds. ALCOA sold the chemical plant in the early 1950s; their last sales of sodium fluoride were in 1952. Nowadays, the aluminium industry is the largest user of fluoride compounds, and has no interest in promoting water fluoridation whatsoever

To check whether the fluoride added to water is the same as that which is naturally present, it was necessary to establish the extent to which the hexafluorosilicate ion (SiF62-) splits up to form fluoride ion (F¯) and silicic acid (Si(OH)4) – a process known as the dissociation reaction. The calculation covered the range of pH levels normally encountered in water supplies (a pH below 7 indicates acidity, a pH in excess of 7 indicates alkalinity), and the `worst case’ in terms of the relevant chemical reactions (by using the smallest value hydrolysis constant). The results showed
that, effectively, all of the hexafluorosilicate would dissolve to form free fluoride ion (F¯).
Next, the rate at which the dissociation reaction takes place was calculated to check whether the process of splitting will take place within the timescale relevant to water treatment and distribution (hours to days). The conclusion was that the process is complete by the time the water reaches the consumers tap.

Also to add further injury to your facts here is the chemical reaction formula for hexafluorosilicic acid when its added to water H2SiF6 + 4H2O ↔ 6F¯ + Si(OH)4 + 6H+...What this shows after water has been added that the reaction splits the chemical compound into fluorine ions silicic acid and hydrogen ions. Now you care to tell me that this formula is wrong? Why dont you find yourself a chemist and ask him if you cant understand it.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

So in other words water is no longer fluoridated after the chemical reaction there is no fluoride whatsoever in the water only fluorine ions.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

You may find this research interesting.
How Fluoride Harms Rather Than Helps Teeth

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aletheia007

I dont care how good or bad for you it is. You do NOT forcefully medicate a population against their will. You want Fluoride? Go buy it. Keep it the hell out of my drinking water.

I choose fresh clean water the way it was put on this earth. I am entitled to that choice. I do not need control freaks telling me what I must drink.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
as if i needed another reason to move there.

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

lol, i hope youre just a fool.
if you actually knew what you were talking about, id have to dislike you for selling your soul to the devil.

assuming youre just a fool, you might actually want to read ALL opinions, not just the ones in the nicest packaging and shoved down your throat.

not to mention some simple common sense.

you DRINK water, right?

when you and your loved ones grab a glass of water from the tap, do you typically swish it around in your mouth around your teeth?

also, you know you can buy fluoride right? its in this stuff called toothpaste.
theres no reason to force a supposed FREE society to drink chemicals they DAMN WELL DO NOT WANT TO.

dont be a shill.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

I dont care how good or bad for you it is. You do NOT forcefully medicate a population against their will. You want Fluoride? Go buy it. Keep it the hell out of my drinking water.

I choose fresh clean water the way it was put on this earth. I am entitled to that choice. I do not need control freaks telling me what I must drink.

lol fresh water ls also naturally fluoridated the tap and fresh water are no different in chemical makeup

and fresh water any element can be bonded to a fluorine ion , with fresh you might be drinking depending where you are aluminium fluoride lead fluoride mercury fluoride etc..these types of fluoride are dangerous to ones health and it all depends what type of mineral the water happens to run through
edit on 29-10-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I use flouride free toothpaste. I use the strawberry kind . Strawberry is an anti plaque. It works well and my teeth are whiter that with regular flouride toothpaste. It may cost twice as much to order it online, but worth it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

and you know this because you did all the tests yourself!

have you ever heard of the freedom to NOT be a tool ­… ­… ­… ­… ­… ­… of the government?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

lol fresh water ls also naturally fluoridated the tap and fresh water are no different in chemical makeup

You still dont get it do you? I dont care if my natural water has deer # in it I do not want ANYTHING added by Government or business to my water against my will. Do you understand that? I dont care whats in there or how healthy it is. Keep your hands the hell out of my water. Period.

Ill say this again for the control freaks that insist on playing God with my water supply. You do NOT forcefully medicate a population against their will... especially a population that is supposed to be FREE!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Oh there have been independent tests and all come to the same conclusion the link is on this page

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You still dont get it do you? I dont care if my natural water has deer # in it I do not want ANYTHING added by Government or business to my water against my will. Do you understand that? I dont care whats in there or how healthy it is. Keep your hands the hell out of my water. Period.

Ill say this again for the control freaks that insist on playing God with my water supply. You do NOT forcefully medicate a population against their will... especially a population that is supposed to be FREE!

Forcibly medicate??? I didnt know fluorine was a medication. I know its a very important trace element the body needs though

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't really know where this thread is going but based on the current theme I shall add this..
I feel as though the addition of fluoride into the water supplies AFTER many cleaning and filtering methods is just plain illogical especially considering the amount of scientific evidence which suggests that it is, well, just plainly illogical.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Oh you didnt know? Wasnt it Hitler that decided to put Fluoride in the water in those concentration camps? I believe thats how this started. I guess Hitler wanted those Jewish teeth nice and white before he had them executed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thats nice to hear, since I am in Butte, about an hour north of Anchorage, although my water comes from the ground, it is still nice to hear that there is public concern on this matter.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Depends on ther type of fluoride as there isnt one fluoride. A fluoride is a fluorine atom combined with another element. Its the other element that causes the damage. Mercury fluoride lead fluoride. Basically most elements can bond with a fluorine atom to make a fluoride. So are you beginning to understand basic chemistry now?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

you seem to be suffereing from acute flouride poisening (spelling)
simptoms include,
beleiving your govenment,
consuming toxic materials as an act of faith,
untill it was decided to be good for teeth, dumping in water was a federal crime,
called "dumping toxic waste"

you may want to drink some flouride free for a while,
just till you get better

and while you drink your flouride feel safe in knowing its being shipped from china,
just for you
xp

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join