It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Get The World To Care?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by greyer

There is absolutely nothing I can do for a girl that will make her care about me

Maybe you're trying to impress the wrong type of girl.

If you are looking for that Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, or Cameron Diaz............you're looking for disappointment.

Also the face of women has changed.

Here I am at 58, I'm no spring chicken, I'm starting to sag, hang, bag and droop in places I didn't even know exist and yet the guy that cuts our law, our mail man, the grocery bag boy (all very young men) have commented that they wish they could find a girl like me?????

A lot of young men, including two of my three sons say that they just don't make em like they use to. many of today's woman (not all) are selfish, cruel, mean, heartless and not willing to put time and patience into making a relationship work.

I read an article years back about China and their one child per couple policy..........how it's affected them psychologically. It's called the one child spoiled complex and taking this concept and applying it to like our movies and TV shows here in America, where it's cool or chic to be mean, cruel, brash and rude.

Whatever happened to manners?

And ................maybe just maybe you're passing up that quiet, shy girl that isn't exactly a beauty queen and going after the women that are use to getting everything their way..............the spoiled princesses.

Back 30 years ago, when I was a child, if two adults were talking, I was raised to not interrupt unless something important, like the house was on fire.

If two people are talking and a third comes up and simply breaks in that was considered rude..............if a child did it, the child was told, "it's considered rude to interrupt a conversation"................whatever happened to teaching our young manners and respect for others?

We are raising our children, who are now young adults to be spoiled.

Almost 50% of all children do not live in a two parent household, so they don't see how two people work out differences on a day by day basis. They don't see COMPROMISING in action.

Sometimes you get what you want but sometimes ya gotta let the other guy win too.

And again, maybe it's the way our society has become and or maybe you're just not choosing the right type of girl.

Remember, beauty is only skin deep - you can always go to a plastic surgeon and fix physical features.............you can't change a person's inner ugliness.

Not always, but many times I have found that when one is really physically beautiful by our society's standards, they are given special attention and allowed to get away with being pouty, spoiled, mean, etc............

While I am all for women's lib, people need to really get back to cultivating manners and learning to think of others vs me, me, me..........which Hollywood is hyping.

Look at your celebrities - most of them don't stay married and yet they have all this money, fame, fortune and beauty................they're spoiled.

Than again some social scientists are saying that in another 100 years marriage may not even exist.

Another avenue to explore psychologically is that corporations want workers.............workers that tend to be married to their jobs are more productive and create more profit for the big boys.

With the ever increasing stress of work and trying to make ends meet - it's become harder for people to have enough time and emotional energy to work things out.

And that's the way TPTB want it.................united we stand, divided we fall. The strongest human unit is the family and corporations, the people with the real power know this and have been (I suspect) working at not only dumbing us down, distracting us but also dividing us, including the male/female/family.

Just some thoughts thrown out there.

I could be wrong, misguided, I admit I don't know much - but that's the way I see things right now.

In short..........how do you get the world to care?

When people begin raising their children to be service to others vs service to self type of people..........that is the key.

I had kind of a graduation that should keep me from pondering about this. I think I am in the realization of being at fault, so realizing that now means that no girls hate me in the world. Even if they give me body language the understanding and love within myself is what keeps me in control. As far as physical proof there is no doubt that this realization brings everybody to like me, because if they don't like my looks or style, the understanding will force positivity to grow. I am in a world were girls like tattoos, I don't like tattoos, so I have to step out and do something not shy.

<< 1   >>

join