It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be the type of aircraft they are hiding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi there, i believe Area 51 is just a testing site for irregular aircraft that no one has ever seen before and relate them to Alien spacecraft.... i found a video on youtube which shows some very strange aircraft (yes it is from a movie) but i think they might be revealing some of the high tech computerized jets or drones through movies

i will post a video of the aircraft and i want you judge for yourself... do you think they have similar aircraft or better than these ones? please no rude comments... ive seen too many rude or angry comments dealing with subjects like this on other threads.

I KNOW ITS FROM A MOVIE, im talking about the jets.

edit on 28-10-2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's a type of "F-19" mockup.

Let me explain. There is no such thing as the F-19. Doesn't exist.

Or does it?

Check out these artist renderings of the concept:

Googl e f-19 image results

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh and another tidbit, this f-19 concept is kind of old.

I had a toy of it when I was a little kid back in the mid 1980s.

If the toy has been out that long, how much time do you think they have had to think through concepts like that?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sure they could, of course they could be signifying stuff through movies, but it's a pretty pointless conversation as its been done to death.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That's from a movie.....a fictional movie.......

Let me reinterate, a movie......

You want to see a real Navy stealth go start googling A-12. Cheney Cancelled it in the early 90's.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

i just said its from a movie.... im pointing out the aircraft they might actually have (yes theirs might be different)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I do think your referring to this www.foxnews.com... from the link

Developed by Northrop Grumman, the X-47B is a tailless, strike fighter-sized unmanned aircraft designed to take off from and land on moving aircraft carriers at sea.

The U.S. Navy reached a new milestone for a futuristic new stealth drone when it successfully retracted its landing gear and flew in cruise configuration for the first time, engineers announced Tuesday.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
so there you have it a drone.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

G.I. JOE PHANTOM X-19?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yes thank you! finally a person who gets it... they dont have alien spacecraft... it is our own aircraft

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

nothing really revolutionary. F number this F number that. They all still rely on directional thrust engines ie fuel costly to run and very very noisy. Also got to have wings (no matter what the shape or configuration) to carry the pay load. We're talking about planes here not heli s. The only really revolutionary planes willappear when they can provide thrust power silently and I don't mean the engine buried in the fusalage. I mean a truely silent power unit.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

Some speculate that electro-magnetic propulsion was a breakthrough in the early 80's... i dont know about that but yes some might have wings but NASA and others have been creating wing-less aircraft or with very short wing span
as far as im concerned that is almost like having no wings at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Try boeings new designs it sure looks like one ive seen they are working on now....maybe its already in production i dont know.....
They are very similar from my memory......

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Personally, I feel that when you look at the problems the US is currently having keeping the F-22 serviceable, and even moreso in getting the F-35 into an acceptable serviceable condition, with it suffering delay after delay, problem after problem, it kind of shows the notion, that there are even MORE futuristic and advanced planes being secretly operated, up for being the baseless fantasy that it really is.
edit on 28-10-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I echo Waynos comments on the F-22 and F-35 issues, and personally think that it's unlikely that anything being tested these days would wow us here.

Take a look at the Boeing Bird of Prey, that was released to the public a few years ago - looked cool, but basically nothing futuristic in it. No fly by wire, a civilian jet engine, no advanced materials and it was slow - so what was the point of it? To test a few specific things. And that's what I think they have out there.

The B-2 was developed in the open - it's still highly classified, but it's point, means and existence was made public early on. Same goes for the F-22 - infact much has been made of the F-22s development, it's been quite the film star. As has the F-35.

The only active jet that was really kept secret while in USAF service was the F-117, and even that was made public before it's first active mission. All of the jets from the 50s onward that were kept secret while operational were the property of the CIA, the USAF have been very open.

So why have Area 51? Heh, that's a question that I just had to ask myself after the above - and it's fairly simple. The DoD still needs a place where OEMs can integrate, fly and test stuff - Area 51 lends itself to be the perfect controlled environment for that. It doesn't have to be a whizz bang fantastic new airframe, it can be something as simple as a low drag surface on a wing, or a high powered electronically scanned array radar, or a new countermeasures system. All things you would like to keep the details of very secret.

It's worth noting that Groom Lake closed it's longest runway when the SR-71 was retired - because up to that point Lockheed still did a lot of stuff with the airframe at Groom Lake.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Quite right. I actually wanted to edit my post (but was too busy until it was too late) to add that this doesn't mean I think secret things aren't being tested, of course they are. I do think though that interested people attribute too many sci if like attributes to these projects than is reasonably credible given all the other problems that plague the aerospace ndustry. It is a very tempting thing to speculate about. The effects shots in that movie are quite convincing though, shame the rest of the movie was so risible

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

A lot of times, the concept artists are both far ahead (and far behind) actual technology and capability. Many LO concepts that are in use on today's aircraft have been around in various "artist impressions" since the 50s. The problem is that many of the engineering technologies necessary to produce those aircraft have been only recently (last 25-30 years) developed.

On the other hand - many have missed the more subtle (but vastly more important) evolution in combat networks. A few "ultimate fighters" can be torn to shreds by a squadron of aircraft that can target and shoot from any platform it has in the sky. The AWACs can light up a target for a close-range missile to go behind its launching aircraft and take out a target.

About the only media that did predict that one was Terminator... and that one gets lost in the robot-apocalypse hype.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire
reply to post by crayzeed

Some speculate that electro-magnetic propulsion was a breakthrough in the early 80's... i dont know about that but yes some might have wings but NASA and others have been creating wing-less aircraft or with very short wing span
as far as im concerned that is almost like having no wings at all.

The Air Force and Douglas Aircraft actually did some experimentation on a low aspect ratio winged aircraft in the 1950's. The X-3 Stilleto, which became the basis for the F-104 Starfighter.

The design was sound but had two significant problems. The first being that it needed a more powerful engine. The second being that at high speeds, the low aspect wing design made it succeptible to roll inertia coupling where the low aspect wings were not enough to maintain aerodynamic stability. This can severely damage or destroy the fuselage or cause loss of control of the aircraft, leading to a crash.

However, if you are designing a slow flying aircraft like a UAV, that is a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire
reply to post by bekod

Yes thank you! finally a person who gets it... they dont have alien spacecraft... it is our own aircraft

I say that all the time and still no one listens. People hear what they want to hear. They seem to forget that Area 51 is the birthplace of modern stealth technology in the US.

The U-2 Spy Plane, developed at Groom Lake.
The F-117 Nighthawk, developed at Groom Lake.
The A-12 which became the SR-71 Blackbird, developed at Groom Lake.

new topics

top topics

join