It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China suspect in US satellite interference: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

. MILITARY COMMUNICATIONS China suspect in US satellite interference: report by Staff Writers Washington (AFP) Oct 27, 2011 NASA satellites were interfered with four separate times in 2007 and 2008, possibly by the Chinese military, according to a draft of an upcoming report for the US Congress. The latest draft of the report by the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission said the computer hackers behind the interference gained the ability to issue commands to one of the satellites on two occasions. The targeted satellites are used for observation of the earth's climate and terrain, according to the report to be submitted to Congress on November 16. A copy of the latest draft of the report was obtained by AFP on Thursday. It said the account of the interference with the satellites came from a May 2011 briefing for the Commission by the US Air Force. The hackers appear to have exploited the information systems of the Svalbard Satellite Station (SvalSat), a commercially operated satellite ground station in Spitsbergen, Norway, to gain access to the satellites, the report said.

China suspect in US satellite interference: report by Staff Writers

seems like hackers are on a global war here lately

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

Well something has been going on. Right or Left?
Or maybe China is trying to play both against center?

Russia says foreign power may have caused spy satellite loss

The Russian space agency suggested Monday that a foreign power may have been behind the space accident that disabled one of the country's most modern military satellites earlier this month.

Russia on February 1 launched a high-tech Geo-IK-2 craft to help the military draw a three-dimensional map of the Earth and locate the precise positions of various targets.

News reports said the satellite was a vital part of Russia's effort to match the United States and NATO's ability to target its missiles from space.

But the craft briefly went missing after its launch only to re-emerge in a wrong orbit that left the craft unable to complete its assigned task.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I realize countries will spy on each other but China takes the cake when it comes to corporate/military espionage. Why do I never hear of the US doing this to China on the same scale?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Something else to blame China for? If I were China, I would albeit very concerned about the actions of a hostile empire in my world that seems to be aggressively running PacMan on the worlds sovereign nations. I would want to have at least some kind of ability to monitor said empires communications and intentions. Who can blame them?

link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I realize countries will spy on each other but China takes the cake when it comes to corporate/military espionage. Why do I never hear of the US doing this to China on the same scale?

Because our hackers are better than theirs.

2nd

link   
reply to post by Fitch303

No doubt we are doing that and more. How else might we know about the subject of this OP? The US has spies all over, in allies and enemy countries alike I would guess. It wouldn't be spying much if we the public knew all about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Think you will find it's MOSSAD and Israel that wins that one hands down

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm getting tired of saying it, but China is the enemy, we've given them too much leeway, too much of our technology, and been too lax in protecting ourselves from their undue influence. I think the reason is that the NWO now sees the Chinese model as the perfect way to maintain their elite and have the rest of us powerless and just trying to keep ourselves fed.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
I'm getting tired of saying it, but China is the enemy, we've given them too much leeway, too much of our technology, and been too lax in protecting ourselves from their undue influence. I think the reason is that the NWO now sees the Chinese model as the perfect way to maintain their elite and have the rest of us powerless and just trying to keep ourselves fed.

China is absolutely the enemy. If Iraq or Afghanistan were to do a small fraction of what China has done, we would invade them. Oh, wait, we did invade them. I'm beginning to think of America as that bully in school that I beat the living # out of for picking on small, helpless kids. Why don't our politicians have the balls to stand up to our real enemies? Oh, becasue they are being paid not to...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n

Almost seems like giving them enough technologies to create a believable enough enemy for the new cold war. The cold war means money and jobs. NWO in overdrive now.

top topics

join