It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of the Timeline of Scott Olsen Video, you won't believe this,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
After going over the tape, it seems this is the time line of events

1. Cop shoots Scott in the face even though his T-shirt said he was a war veteran

2. Grenade explodes

3. People try to help Scott

4. 1st Cop throws something towards people

I know the the red circle is faint...but if you watch the video carefully you will see that starting at 48seconds...the first thrower was a cop.

5. 2nd cop throws canister

Yes people 1st cop and 2nd cop were in communication, they timed those throws to confuse people and try to hide what they were doing. fortunately for us the Camera angle caught them both. Do you know what this means? If those two cops were communicating it means all the squad heard it and it was recorded as well.

I can't wait to see how the Oakland police force is going to try to bury this one or just come clean and play the actual recording for all of us to hear what really goes on in the mind of the people sworn to protect us

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Oakland is a nasty place honestly. Those cops are probably the most paranoid and aggressive around. I wouldn't doubt your claim a bit, but I do need a bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The video mentioned...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

It looks like it came from a police officer but there's no proof. You can't see the person well enough, put it did come from the police officers direction.

It appears that they threw a rag at them, I'd love to have that rag. I bet there's something written on it.

Those cops think they can do whatever they want. They just threw the last shot on to mess with them.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Heres a good video putting 2 different views together to try and piece it all together

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Excellent work on all those taking the time to go through these in such detail. I'd first thought there would be one cop really needing the wrong end of a focused investigation. Now I'm wondering if it isn't several of them out there the other night and whoever was commanding it that didn't address the issues as these things happened.

Dropping grenades..gas, flash or whatever...directly into a knot of people they could SEE were around a man down on the ground is unforgivable and criminal in at least NEGLIGENCE if not something darker. Mayor Quan in Oakland says she is with the OWS people? Prove it...have a full investigation that looks at the whole situation and response...including EXACTLY what the orders were to the officers on the line out there. I wonder if the heart of what happened later didn't start right there at the pre-deployment briefing and engagement rules.

We, the 99%, need to know and we have every right to those answers.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

1. Cop shoots Scott in the face even though his T-shirt said he was a war veteran

Without opining on this episode one way or another, what does the text on one's t-shirt have to do with whether or not one gets shot in the face? Is there some kind of police rule that says you can't shoot people with war veteran t-shirts?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Look I understand the outrage that most of you fell seeing a war veteran getting injured. But let us not forget they (the protesters) were Ordered my the Mayor of Oakland (a democratically elected official) and the Oakland Police department to disperse and return to there homes. The Protesters were asked several time to leave and given several warning to vacate the area, they refused. Everyone knew damn well what would happen if they did not comply. They KNEW the police would use tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the crowd, and yet the STAYED of there own accord.

Yes I am sorry that people were injured (a war veteran among them) but they place themselves in harms way and if they were not prepared for the consequences, well its there own damn fault.

"If you poke a dog with a stick long enough don't be surprised when it bits you!"
-Anonymous-

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Riots are inevitable, when peacful protests aren't even allowed.
When were people not allowed to stand up for what they believe in? It wouldn't suprise me if they make these bilidgerant moves just to invoke fear into others.. People have finally had enough with the $#!^ that's been dealt to them, over and over. And now that people have finally found the numbers and courage to step up, they're going to do anything they can to shut em up? Wheres the constitution? It's outrageous... Nothing comes before money apparently, not even us. Good find lighter... he was clearly injured, and you can see the officer, his hand comes from the right of the one infront of him, then he slowly backs up and comes into view.. direct underhand into the crowd of people trying to help a downed man, who just stood there. This is getting serious, but it's gonna take a lot more than that to stop OWS'ers. Theres no turning back at this point..

Less greed, Less government, No global government, No global bank.
Less multi-billion corporations, more free markets.
Share the wealth. Share the land, Share the Oxygen.
Audit/end the FED!

Looking back to the good ol' days... Remember when people were able to trade items for their nesseccities? I don't think I could even pawn off any of this materialistic garbage to raise enough to eat for a week.., and I doubt you guys would have much use for my slap chop?? 3 easy payments, only $9.99! Quit it with the fake jobs, and quit holding our own needs against us.

Whatever is to come of this, I hope it bennefits you all. (even you people sitting at home making 80-200k a year) You're the ones who aren't affected directly, keep cuddling that security blanket, it'll dissapear as quickly as ours did.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Tarno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBRiddle

"If you poke a dog with a stick long enough don't be surprised when it bits you!"
-Anonymous-

kibbles n' bits?

2nd

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Without opining on this episode one way or another, what does the text on one's t-shirt have to do with whether or not one gets shot in the face? Is there some kind of police rule that says you can't shoot people with war veteran t-shirts?

No there isnt....but what we have here are folks trying desperately to stir the emotions of people with this stuff. What gets me is they really think people are that dumb to get sucked into this sort of ploy? Some of those cops are probably former marine and army.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I see, tear gas being thrown and hitting a guy. I see a stun gernade being tossed in on purpose into a group trying to assist him. I also see a balled up rag being thrown in at the end. It looks like a group of people making a statement. How is that trying to stir emotions? That's just blatant proof that imo they hurt him to make a statement.

The whole thing looks like a bunch of cops treating the protestors like farm animals. I want to know what's written on that rag. I'm sure someone picked it up.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't think anything was written on the rag...

I think the rag was thrown (as) a statement, "Here clean up your friends head with this."...
and then the rag was thrown.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Look I understand the outrage that most of you fell seeing a war veteran getting injured. But let us not forget they (the protesters) were Ordered my the Mayor of Oakland (a democratically elected official) and the Oakland Police department to disperse and return to there homes. The Protesters were asked several time to leave and given several warning to vacate the area, they refused. Everyone knew damn well what would happen if they did not comply. They KNEW the police would use tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the crowd, and yet the STAYED of there own accord.

I understand the officials initiated a threat. Perhaps a better approach to this from the other side is in ORDER. Rather than just demanding these people go home and keep to themselves.
What are you defending my friend? Peaceful protests aren't possible when you have this sort of intimidation effect and cops pushing people around. They're instigating a fight if anything. But that's not what our ows'ers will do, because that will give them the green light to start clubbin civies.. So why state your OP in offense to the protest when it'll only benefit you as well in the end?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I understand the officials initiated a threat. Perhaps a better approach to this from the other side is in ORDER. Rather than just demanding these people go home and keep to themselves.
What are you defending my friend? Peaceful protests aren't possible when you have this sort of intimidation effect and cops pushing people around. They're instigating a fight if anything. But that's not what our ows'ers will do, because that will give them the green light to start clubbin civies.. So why state your OP in offense to the protest when it'll only benefit you as well in the end?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

The marine thing is certainly being hyped for its emotional benefit. OWS knows it sells way better than 100 regular protesters getting tear-gased. The OWS propaganda wing wont tell their sheep that nobody cares if the average guy gets hurt so they make a big case of a wounded war hero to shame the cops and rally the rank and file not to mention those out in TV and Net world.

OWS propaganda mechine is selling this marine hero for propaganda reasons. Same bunch were probably cursing him when he was in Fallujah.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Sure, I'll swing your way on that one. Except we have the offense spewing propoganda like theres no tomorrow. Had it of been 'Scott Olsen The Average Joe' I wouldn't have looked at it any differently, and I for one like to know of any incidents like this. Shame to all the people who attend these protests to purposely rebel and make it worse for others. I wasn't there, so who am I to say.
Yet another injured soul none the least, best wishes.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Here is what the Oakland police force said. ( Article form Oakland Local) with time line of events.
What they are saying in the article basically is It was not us some other police force did it. I bet they did not see the video before making these statements,. It's called CYA but it wont work now.

There is a Video in the link showing which officers threw out the flash bang and CS . a better version of the video is on CBS news showing clearly and up close what these two officers did. The officers looks as if talking with one another in the CBS news video. CBS News clean it up and added red circles of the objects being thrown by the officers. You have to go to CBS news to see that video.

CBS News

Oakland Police chief and Mayor Statements

Jordan was asked about the use of force, specifically what weapons were used by OPD. The department has “no rubber bullets in its inventory,” he said, adding that reports of flash-bang grenades were actually CS (tear gas) balls. OPD used bean-bag pellets and CS gas, and no other weapons, he claimed. (Apparently batons don’t count). However, Jordan admitted that other departments may have used rubber bullets or other weapons.

Meanwhile, a young African-American male held up a soda bottle filled with rubber bullets he said he had collected off the streets - which appeared to confirm they were used by one of the agencies involved, if not OPD.

rubber bullets found.

Protester hit with rubber bullet ( Notice the bullet that he is holding in his hand )

edit on 28-10-2011 by SJE98 because: added content

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Good eye Live Equation

I postet this in another thread and got an answer that I can not believe:

Originally posted by BadNinja68

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by Trueman

Whenever there is the slightest possibility of violence here in Germany the police have surveillance teams with them to document what is happening... even at sports events or larger fests where people are most likely drunk etc.

Assuming that the Oakland police applies similar practices, I would like to see the footage of violent protesters.

No Police Cams.
You see...here in CA, even though PD's were ordered by the courts to install them in cars after the Rodney King incident..., they fight it tooth and nail, and major cities Like LA for example, have no cameras in the Police Cars.
Yeah I know.....crazy, huh?
Blew my mind too when I found out a few years back.

This can't be true... can someone else confirm this please?
This kind of situation in Oakland is exactly why our police has video surveillance here in Germany...

Originally posted by JBRiddle

[...] Yes I am sorry that people were injured (a war veteran among them) but they place themselves in harms way and if they were not prepared for the consequences, well its there own damn fault.

You think its appropriate to open up on a peaceful crowd (including old people, women, childen and disabled persons) with teargas and flashbangs, just because they refused to leave?

This would definitely have the potential to instigate a riot where I live... this is not de-escalation, this is adding fuel to a fire and deliberately creating tension.

edit on 28-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
What is happening to democracy your right to demonstrate in America.. This sucks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join