It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Perspective On Dimensions and Reality. The Grand Unifier.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
time only occurs with an observation no? without us perceiving time is there such a thing?

i dont know, just throwing this idea out there for discussion...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
time only occurs with an observation no? without us perceiving time is there such a thing?

i dont know, just throwing this idea out there for discussion...

If a tree falls in a forest and kNOw one is around to hear it fall, does it make a sound?

So, if there is no one around to hear it fall, there's no observer to see it fall, so with your statement the tree cannot fall if there's no observer to see it fall.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by NorEaster

Original

Objective Dimensions:

1. Forward and backward
2. Left and Right
3. Up and Down
4. Time

Subjective Dimensions:

1. Forward

Only one subjective dimension. Let's examine time:

Time can be quantified objectively as past, present, and future. Subjectively, it is experienced as forward.

But time is obviously perceived differently than spatial dimensions. And rightly so. You see, the direction up is forward when it is subjectively observed, as well as the direction left and down. But, your forward isn't in the same direction as my forward, because I may be looking up, and you may be looking left. So, our dimensional objective-subjective relationships are individually different EXCEPT for in one dimension. TIME!

Do you see? We are all the same subjective reference of observation by our existence in the 4th dimension of time. Therefore, we are all intimately one.

What I am saying is that time is another spatial dimension in which only the collective can experience as space, but as individuals, it can only be perceived as time.

All is one.

Revision

Dimensions:

1. Forward and backward
2. Left and Right
3. Up and Down
4. (Time) Forward and backward

Experiential Dimensions:

1. Forward

Only one experiential dimension. Let's examine time:

Time can be quantified objectively as past, present, and future. Subjectively, it is experienced as forward.

But time is obviously perceived differently than spatial dimensions. And rightly so. You see, the direction up is forward when it is subjectively observed, as well as the direction left and down. But, your forward isn't in the same direction as my forward, because I may be looking up, and you may be looking left. So, our dimensional objective-subjective relationships are individually different EXCEPT for in one dimension. TIME!

Do you see? We are all the same experiential reference of observation by our existence in the 4th dimension of time. Therefore, we are all intimately one.

What I am saying is that time is another spatial dimension in which only the collective can experience as space, but as individuals, it can only be perceived as time.

All is one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I changed my thesis so that it would hold semantically and factually true. The question is, do you all still find it significant?
edit on 30-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Time is a part of Everything and Everything is a part of Time, including Space and since you occupy that Space, Time is a part of you so you are a part of Time, and you move in It and It moves in you.

You cannot alter Time, so your thinking is flawed. Time is a constant, always moving forward in increments of finite and that which occupies Time, must also occupy Space and that which occupies Space, must also occupy Time.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Objective Dimensions:

1. Forward and backward
2. Left and Right
3. Up and Down
4. Time

Time is the only objective thing listed. Even then, the experience of the passage of time is subjective. The rest is completely relative to the self, so each changes in description depending on the self that is making the comparative assessment.

Forward? Forward from where?
Backward? As opposed to what?
Left of what?
Right in relation to what?
Up from what?
Down from what?

The point seems obvious.

At last...a little bit of sense, without the convoluted verbiage...
Cheers to you my friend.

The prime reference point is the observer...for each and every observer.
Movement (the way it is being described)...relates specifically to solid, material things, which is inherent in a solid, material locum.
Time is not, per se experienced by the non-solid, immaterial part of us which is observing through the windows of the physical body (the body does experience time because it is material)
Here lies the schismic nature of discussions like this - there are (initially from the prime observers' point of view) at least two versions of time being experienced in the material body...one by the body itself, and one by the consciousness of the observer. Add to this, all other consciousnesses experiencing thier own separate, double versions of time.

The individual consciousness is, by necessity, choice...encased, incarnated, bound...to experience this material locum as a driver of a car would experience the road it drives on...as the vehicle it is...wear and tear, upkeep of the vehicle etc. included...

The material vehicle travels through a material 'world' with the immaterial consciousness (the driver) using it as the vehicle it is. The vehicle moves from one material reference point, in material space to another...while the immaterial consciousness drives it within this material matrix. The movement from location to location, which is inherent in material 'worlds', is translated as taking 'time'...the distance between two physical locations in a material world. There is no other sane way of describing what the driver is experiencing...from the POV of an incarnated consciousness.

I mirror what you have said...the point is obvious...

Akushla

The Point is obvious! The Point occupies Time & Space, irregardless to conceptual or perceptual or physical distractions.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join