It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Perspective On Dimensions and Reality. The Grand Unifier.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Objective Dimensions:

1. Forward and backward
2. Left and Right
3. Up and Down
4. Time

Subjective Dimensions:

1. Forward

Only one subjective dimension. Let's examine time:

Time can be quantified objectively as past, present, and future. Subjectively, it is experienced as forward.

But time is obviously perceived differently than spatial dimensions. And rightly so. You see, the direction up is forward when it is subjectively observed, as well as the direction left and down. But, your forward isn't in the same direction as my forward, because I may be looking up, and you may be looking left. So, our dimensional objective-subjective relationships are individually different EXCEPT for in one dimension. TIME!

Do you see? We are all the same subjective reference of observation by our existence in the 4th dimension of time. Therefore, we are all intimately one.

What I am saying is that time is another spatial dimension in which only the collective can experience as space, but as individuals, it can only be perceived as time.

All is one.
edit on 27-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I prefer not to think of time as a direction. Where others say it moves forward, I say it progresses.

Progress can still happen relatively as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Objective Dimensions:

1. Forward and backward
2. Left and Right
3. Up and Down
4. Time

Dangit Justin! What's it going to take to get you to realize the first three are TIME? You cannot move without Time, therefore you cannot Measure anything without Time.

So subjectively speaking, your first three dimensions combine for measuring the One Spacial Dimension and the fourth is the Timordial Dimension, and the only thing missing is the other Spacial Dimension under this One, to complete the Trinality of the Universe.

Ribbit

edit on 27-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I don't think I would call time a "grand unifier" does a fly with a 24 hour lifespan experience time the same way as person with a 100 year lifespan? What if a being had a 10 thousand year lifespan, would they experience time the same way we do, measure it the same etc. Personally, I believe time is a byproduct of dimensionality. We have no real way of knowing if a minute in the 3rd dimension is experienced the same in the 5th dimension. For example, if you lived a mile from the grocery store in the 3rd dimension and it took you 15 minutes to walk there in the 4th or 5th dimension if you lived a "mile" from the grocery store it might take you only seconds or maybe hours to walk there.

Anyway, just my two cents,

Interesting topic....

Hadrian

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HadrianGoss

I don't think I would call time a "grand unifier"

Actually, that's a great way to define Time.

Time is the linear thread that binds the 2 dimensions of Space as One and what Time it is here Now, it's that Time throughout the entire Universe and in both spacial dimensions.

As to the slue of dimensions you mentioned, there are only 3 so the others only exist in your imagination.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Logically, your thesis is sound. But my personal experience leads be to believe otherwise.

I agree with ButtUglyToad that movement is not possible without Time; thus, Space-Time.

I am in the Einstein boat on this one smithjustinb, that Time is Relative. An hour conversation with a beautiful woman may seem like only minutes, while placing your hand on a hot stove for a few seconds may seem like minutes.

My meditations have proven to me that time is Relative and Subjective. I have learned to utilize time. By noting the time before and after meditations where I seek to manipulate time, I consistently experience slowed down Time, or extra time. I can think, create, imagine, and experience things in my meditations that would logically take an hour or more... but by noting the clock, only minutes have went by.

edit on 10/28/11 by Sahabi because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I am in the Einstein boat on this one smithjustinb, that Time is Relative.

Space is relative to the observer as well. I agree that time is relative and I don't see how it is in conflict with my thesis.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Objective Dimensions:

1. Forward and backward
2. Left and Right
3. Up and Down
4. Time

Dangit Justin! What's it going to take to get you to realize the first three are TIME? You cannot move without Time, therefore you cannot Measure anything without Time.

So subjectively speaking, your first three dimensions combine for measuring the One Spacial Dimension and the fourth is the Timordial Dimension, and the only thing missing is the other Spacial Dimension under this One, to complete the Trinality of the Universe.

Ribbit

You cannot move without time. True. You cannot move without space either, but you don't need three dimensions of space for movement, you can move on a plane as a 2d object (theoretically). You do, however, need the one dimension of time for movement no matter how many dimensions of space you occupy. Therefore, time does not require 3 spatial dimensions.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HadrianGoss

does a fly with a 24 hour lifespan experience time the same way as person with a 100 year lifespan?

Maybe.

We have no real way of knowing if a minute in the 3rd dimension is experienced the same in the 5th dimension.

True. But the 4th dimension is experienced as the spatial subjective forward by the collective mind.

For example, if you lived a mile from the grocery store in the 3rd dimension and it took you 15 minutes to walk there in the 4th or 5th dimension if you lived a "mile" from the grocery store it might take you only seconds or maybe hours to walk there.

I agree. In the 4th dimension, to travel through time, all you have to do is look forward. (according to my thesis)

Interesting topic....

Hadrian

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The concept of "Time" is an illusion that is presupposed by causality. Because our subjective experience of existence is linear, our brains are essentially programmed to accept that time "moves" in one direction. What I believe is really going on, is that all past, present, and future events happen simultaneously. We have devoted a lot of our philosophical speculations to time, but the secret is that temporality is meaningless in the metaphysical sub structure of our Universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Objective Dimensions:

1. Forward and backward
2. Left and Right
3. Up and Down
4. Time

Ribbit

You cannot move without time. True. You cannot move without space either, but you don't need three dimensions of space for movement, you can move on a plane as a 2d object (theoretically). You do, however, need the one dimension of time for movement no matter how many dimensions of space you occupy. Therefore, time does not require 3 spatial dimensions.

Law of Time

Time is linear, always moving forward in increments of finite and that which occupies Time, must also occupy Space.

So the Law of Time agrees that it exists one dimensionally but it has three elements within that one dimensionality, past, present, and future.

So being one dimensional, it would simultaneously encompass all three directional dimensions of Space and since there are two separate spacial dimensions, it will encompass both simultaneously.
So whatever Time it is here Now, it's that Time throughout the entire Universe and in both spacial dimensions simultaneously.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Time is an illusion caused by your memory.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I agree. In the 4th dimension, to travel through time, all you have to do is look forward. (according to my thesis)

There is kNOw 4th Dimension! There are only three and Einstein's Theory of folding space-time for faster than light speed travel, is flawed. You fold Space by traveling THRU Time, via a Time Portal. Also, his Theory of Relativity is wrong, it werks with a Closed System and the Universe is an Open System, so the Time Dialation Theory is also wrong. What they did when proving it is only prove they manipulated the atomic clock and made it speed up and slow down, via the Earth's magnetic influence, which is what science never took into account. There's a group of scientist that have developed a Magnetic Cloaking method:

news.sciencemag.org...

Once they put an atomic clock in a room cloaked from Earth's magnetic influence, the clock will slow down and that alone will disprove the Time Dialation Theory and then the true Theory of Relativity will prevail:

"Everything is Relative to Source and Source is Relative to Everything."

Since Time's Source is Thought of the Consciousness of the Universe, what I've been pondering over lately is if it's possible to open a Time Portal with just Thought? You'd have to have a destination for it to werk but in theory it's possible and to understand what I'm talking about, apply that postulation to the movie Jumpers.

Ribbit

Ps: Time dictates We can only occupy Time a finite moment at a time (aka: the present), thus, when traveling THRU Time, you can only occupy it a finite moment. So when you step into a Time Portal, you will step out the linked Time Portal (or destination, if a physical Time Portal isn't necessary) a finite moment later, no matter what the distance transversed.
So you can transverse quintillions of light years in finite.

edit on 28-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirrormaker326
The concept of "Time" is an illusion that is presupposed by causality. Because our subjective experience of existence is linear, our brains are essentially programmed to accept that time "moves" in one direction. What I believe is really going on, is that all past, present, and future events happen simultaneously. We have devoted a lot of our philosophical speculations to time, but the secret is that temporality is meaningless in the metaphysical sub structure of our Universe.

You are a product of your enviroment and that enviroment is an illusion, thus, you have bought into a LIE!

Time is Real!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

My thesis agrees. The experience of time is subjectively moving forward. This is due to our mind and our observation of existence. Objectively, though, time is past present and future. The good thing about 3 dimensional existence is that we have very good interpretations of objective 3 dimensional reality. The good thing about 4 dimensional existence is the same, only that a 4 dimensional existence will have a good interpretation and method of quantifying and observation of objective time as well. In other words, we will become accustom to 4 dimensional mathematics once we have embraced the collective subjective mind.

Time is the first dimension that we know of that has a collective subjective observational reference.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

My thesis agrees. The experience of time is subjectively moving forward. This is due to our mind and our observation of existence. Objectively, though, time is past present and future. The good thing about 3 dimensional existence is that we have very good interpretations of objective 3 dimensional reality. The good thing about 4 dimensional existence is the same, only that a 4 dimensional existence will have a good interpretation and method of quantifying and observation of objective time as well. In other words, we will become accustom to 4 dimensional mathematics once we have embraced the collective subjective mind.

Time is the first dimension that we know of that has a collective subjective observational reference.

Then by your theory, there was no Time prior to man's existence!

Fail!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Law of Time

Time is linear, always moving forward in increments of finite and that which occupies Time, must also occupy Space.

So the Law of Time agrees that it exists one dimensionally but it has three elements within that one dimensionality, past, present, and future.

So being one dimensional, it would simultaneously encompass all three directional dimensions of Space and since there are two separate spacial dimensions, it will encompass both simultaneously.

You keep saying that there are 2 spatial dimensions. That is wrong, there are three known spatial dimensions. 1. line 2. area 3. volume

1. length 2. length times width 3. length times width times height

So whatever Time it is here Now, it's that Time throughout the entire Universe and in both spacial dimensions simultaneously.

Ribbit

Exactly.

Whenever you are looking forward across three dimensional space, you will not necessarily be looking at the same forward I am looking, but when you are looking forward through time, you will be looking forward in the same direction the entire universe is looking.

The only reason we don't see time as a spatial dimension is because we are based on individualistic subjectivity rather than collective subjectivity. If we harness our collective mind, we will then see time as a spatial dimension.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Then by your theory, there was no Time prior to man's existence!

Fail!

Ribbit

I never said the collective human existence. I said the collective existence. That includes all existences capable of subjectivity.

You fail.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What this does is serve as evidence for a collective mind. Which, by the way, you are free to experience right now in this very moment if you can. All it takes is mostly acceptance of all.

The collective mind is evident due to the implications of the subjective forward dimension which is usually different in the conventional three dimensional objective space becomes the same in the 4 dimensional objective space. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME 4d SUBJECTIVE REFERENCE!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Law of Time

You keep saying that there are 2 spatial dimensions. That is wrong, there are three known spatial dimensions. 1. line 2. area 3. volume

1. length 2. length times width 3. length times width times height

Ribbit

Exactly.

Whenever you are looking forward across three dimensional space, you will not necessarily be looking at the same forward I am looking, but when you are looking forward through time, you will be looking forward in the same direction the entire universe is looking.

The only reason we don't see time as a spatial dimension is because we are based on individualistic subjectivity rather than collective subjectivity. If we harness our collective mind, we will then see time as a spatial dimension.

Darnit Justin! You are confusing directional dimensions with physical dimensions.

directional = verb
physical = noun

Up/down/right/left/forward/backwards are adverbs describing the direction (verb) you are going.

Spatial is an adjective of or relating to space.

Adverb describes verb, adjective describes noun.

So the 3 directional dimensions of Space are the verbs of Space, kNot the nouns.

And the 2 spatial dimensions are the nouns of Space.

So there are 2 Dimensions of Space and 1 Dimension of Time.

Ribbit

Ps: I've been misspelling spatial by spelling it spacial instead.
I guess now's a good time to say, "My ignorance amuses me."
(Tomb Raider quote)

Pps: As to your forward looking comment, apply the true Theory of Relativity to it:

"Everything is Relative to Source and Source is Relative to Everything."
edit on 28-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join