It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Disaster Released Higher Radiation Levels Than Previously Reported, Study Finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by intrptr

There's plenty of publically available radiation monitoringavailable for the west coast of the USA - how about you actually search for it (the link took me 10 seconds) instead of waiting for a spoonfeeed of something that isn't actually news??

I don't care what anyone SAYS about this situation then or now. This is by far the most revealing bit of evidence that has come to light about this entire situation. All of us remember and have analyzed this bit of video to death. You can see it and (turn it up) hear it with your ears:

Watch it again and keep your eyes on the bottom left of the screen where the white plume of steam spreads left of the main blast and keeps spreading along the ground for a quarter mile. Watch it again. That is steam from the core which was breached right then scattering fuel rod bundles around the sight of #3 reactor.

The three explosions and rending wooshing noises in the background support the argument that the building, secondary reactor containment vessel, and primary reactor core containment pressure vessel all exploded in a 1,2,3 sympathetic detonation by dynamic over pressure.

The sound noises are skewed because the videographer was in a helo out side the exclusion zone and the sound was added later. The sounds were heard over a 100 KM away. The swoooosh steam noise that sounds like Godzilla even at the end of the video are the escaping gasses of the reactor, torrus and pressure vessels.

That one explosive train event opened the core and scattered it everywhere. Even the fuel pool was damaged and melted shortly thereafter. This one reactor building had at least 100 tons of fuel in the core and spent fuel pool.

I keep book-- marking this video and it keeps being "removed by user". So the quality is getting worse as time goes by. No one that I know of has matched this sound track to a better enhanced version of this so that we can study it better. That I know of? ATS?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

"Japan Nuclear Disaster Released Higher Radiation Levels Than Previously Reported, Study Finds?"
"No kidding? Really?"
edit on 10/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by dashen

"Japan Nuclear Disaster Released Higher Radiation Levels Than Previously Reported, Study Finds?"
"No kidding? Really?"
edit on 10/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

No, not kidding. You are being nuked. Right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I was being sarcastic. Check my signature and you'll find a link to the most comprehensive Fukushima thread I've found on ATS so far. It's by "thorfourwinds". I've been following this for while.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Well DUH you were being sarcastic, and I was pointing out that it may be too serious a thing to be sarcastic about.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Well DUH you were being sarcastic, and I was pointing out that it may be too serious a thing to be sarcastic about.

Sorry.
Perhaps.... no strike that, add this... of course you're right. That was rather callous of me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by dashen

I was being sarcastic. Check my signature and you'll find a link to the most comprehensive Fukushima thread I've found on ATS so far. It's by "thorfourwinds". I've been following this for a while.

Greetings:

Thank you for your consideration and participation and we are honored by your kind words.

We endeavor to help bring the truth to the under-informed, so we, the people, can make educated decisions based on the facts - and not the MSM/TEPCO/JAPGOV/IAEA/USGOV/EPA/FDA/NOAA/CDC/DHS/NRC spin - that may actually mean the difference between [color=orane]life as we experienced it before 3/11, and the [color=limegreen]nuclear radiation-poisoned hell and eventual death that awaits all life on this planet if nothing is done to first curtail, and then stop the 24/7/365 radiation spewing from the multiple melt-throughs at Fukushima.

We are merely another cog in the wheel and if you, dear reader, are a true seeker of information and want to partake of THE comprehensive thread on the Fukushima Daiichi disaster/fiasco, please join us at Japan declares a 'nuclear emergency' after quake and post your most-welcome comments.

We are all in this together and the opposition has conveniently identified themselves by their words and deeds.

6 June 2011
Fukushima Nuclear Fuel Leaking Into Groundwater,
Tepco Says Barrier Too Expensive, Will Hurt Stock Price

Japan is reporting that Fukushima nuclear fuel has burned through the containment vessel and is sitting on the concrete foundation of the plant leaking into the groundwater.

TEPCO says an underground barrier needed to stop the molten lava from spreading in groundwater will cost too much money and will hurt their stock price.
Japanese government officials have echoed this statement and have called on TEPCO to build an underground concrete barrier beneath the reactor which would be the only way to stop the molten fuel that is now leaking into the groundwater.

TEPCO so far is refusing to do so because the cost of  the project will be over 100 billion yen.

And the beat goes on:

20 October 2011
220 days later: Radiation levels in San Francisco-area milk remain above EPA’s Max Contaminant Level — Cesium-137 continues steady increase that began in August

’Radiation-free cows are happy cows,’ moos Molly in Bolinas, California.

And now, from today’s news that’s not news on your local MSM.

27 October 2011
Fukushima disaster caused world's biggest nuclear sea spill

The IRSN cites deep-water fish, fish at the top of the marine food chain and molluscs
and other filtrating organisms as "the species that are the most sensitive" to caesium pollution.
Photograph by: REUTERS/Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force/Handout

But, confirming previous assessments, it said caesium levels had been hugely diluted by ocean currents and, except for near-shore species, posed no discernible threat.

We guess that means everything is all right and we can go back to our homes, UNLESS you happen to be a “near-shore species.”

From the Wayback Machine:

There is a gap between them and us.

Between the phoney scientists and the public who don’t believe what they say.

Between those who are employed and paid to protect us from radioactive pollution and those who die from its consequences.

Between those who talk down what is arguably
the greatest public health scandal in human history, and the facts that they ignore.

Sound familiar?

And from the same individual:

“[color=limegreen]Let’s wipe the Tokyo Electric Power Company and the General Electric officials and policy makers off the face of the Earth, as they manifestly deserve.”...

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

(continued from previous post)

From March 21 to mid-July, 27.1 peta becquerels of caesium 137 entered the sea, the Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) said.

One peta becquerel is a million billion bequerels, or 10 to the power of 15.

Of the total, 82 percent entered the sea before April 8, through water that was pumped into the Fukushima's damaged reactor units in a bid to cool them down, it said.

This is another example of nukespeak/doublethink that is intended to make your head spin, or is it just us having difficulty in envisioning 82% of 27.1 million billion becquerels?

"This is the biggest single outflow of man-made radionuclides to the marine environment ever observed," the agency said in a press release.

Caesium is a slow-decaying element, taking 30 years to lose half of its radioactivity.

The IRSN said large quantities of iodine 131 also entered the sea as a result of the disaster, caused by the March 11 9.0-magnitude quake that occurred off northeastern Japan.

Enter the spin zone:

But iodine 131 decays quickly, having a half-life of eight days, and the contamination "swiftly diminished," the report said.

The IRSN said that, for the Pacific generally, caesium levels would ultimately stabilise at 0.004 becquerels per litre thanks to the diluting effect of powerful ocean currents.

This is twice the concentration that prevailed during atmospheric nuclear testing in the 1960s.

"These levels should not have an impact in terms of radiological safety," the IRSN said.

However, "significant pollution of seawater on the coast near the damaged plant could persist," because of continuing runoff of contaminated rainwater from the land, it said.

"Maintaining monitoring of marine species taken in Fukushima's coastal waters is justified," it said.

The IRSN cited [color=limegreen]deep-water fish, fish at the top of the marine food chain and molluscs and other filtrating organisms as 'the species that are the most sensitive' to caesium pollution.

...caesium levels would ultimately stabilise at 0.004 becquerels per litre...

0.004 becquerels per liter!

Every liter in the whole blessed ocean? Please tell us that this is a misreading on our part, please do tell us.

Are we to understand from this statement that the entire Pacific Ocean’s level of caesium contamination has already doubled since 3/11 as a direct result of the intentional dumping by TEPCO of highly radioactive water - let alone hot reactor pressure vessel parts, fuel cell assemblies (actually, parts thereof), and whatever else has been secretly ensconced in those mega-float barges and/or tossed overboard?

Ensconced hell!

The amounts of water that TEPCO has admitted to vary from report to report, but it is in the millions of gallons and they are probably using the mega-bloats as “ocean cooling ponds” for the really hot stuff they picked with the crane at night, concealed by light and camera-angle.

This is nothing short of world-wide environmental warfare!

[color=limegreen]The largest industrial accident in the history of mankind has now been eclipsed by the planet’s most severe environmental challenge!

And these morons mentioned above (TEPCO/JAPGOV/IAEA/USGOV/EPA/FDA/NOAA/CDC/DHS/NRC) will continue down the same path, unless something changes- and changes now, or we’re at risk as a species- as are all other living things, flora and fauna alike, on this fragile Earth - [color=orane]our only home.

We are pleased and honored to share another member's views on this precarious subject.

Tallone

We cannot say it better.

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

edit on 28/10/2011 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We seem to have confirmation that N. America got hammered in March. So when do we get the following months?

And the link
enenews.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

...caesium levels would ultimately stabilise at 0.004 becquerels per litre...

0.004 becquerels per liter!

Every liter in the whole blessed ocean? Please tell us that this is a misreading on our part, please do tell us.

do you know what a bequerel is??

Definition from wiki:

One Bq is defined as the activity of a quantity of radioactive material in which one nucleus decays per second.

Expressed as the old unit of a Curie:

The curie (Ci) is an older, non-SI unit of radioactivity equal to the activity of 1 gram of radium-226.

The conversion factors are:

1 Ci = 3.7×10^10 Bq

So 0.004 Bq/litre seems to be the equivalent radiation to 4 x 10^-15 kg/l of Radium 226 per liter of water......

I wonder how many million more of these before it actually has any effect???

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Readings from Colorado. Oct 25th.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Arnie Gundersen's latest from Fairwinds.
fairewinds.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
University researcher finds US soil samples 10,000% higher in cesium than Berkeley's findings,
enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So were pretty much doomed I guess.
Shoul I start making a lead suit?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't think we're doomed yet D. But I do think we're at a real important crossroads in human history.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reactor #2 is starting to meltdown, Xenon has been detected.
This is a video that shows a website thats keeping tabs on the Fukushima Plant.
You can go there and check it out for yourself.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-11-2011 by VeeNews because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Colorado readings. Nov 5th.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A group of good folks tell it like it is.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
An update on the state of the Pacific ocean.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join