It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Disaster Released Higher Radiation Levels Than Previously Reported, Study Finds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I know there are already threads about them raising the amount released, but they just did it AGAIN. So here we go, again, and did they ever stop that meltdown anyway?
This is a worldwide disaster, and the whole world should be trying to contain this mess before we poison this world for centuries.

www.huffingtonpost.com... (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-10-2011 by dashen because: fixy linky

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
the whole world should be trying to contain this mess before we poison this world for centuries.

I think its too late.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Too late. Nobody knows exactly how much radioactive contamination was released. That will not be known for some time as the Number and Size of the reactors and spent fuel ponds as well as the percentage of each core that "volatized" in the meltdowns, as well as initial reaction of the Japanese during the aftermath of the Earthquake and Tsunami is still a carefully guarded secret. They will never be forthcoming as they need to be about this because of Japanese mores and restrictions placed upon independent investigation by outside agencies. Also because actual approach to the belly of the beast is still too dangerous to undertake. All the world can do now is carefully monitor the spread of contamination away from Japan and report that data to respective populations that will continue to be affected around the world.

Thats a joke. I am on the West coast of USA and there has been exactly O reports in the Main Stream Media about ANY fallout from Japan. That right there tells me that we are not being truthfully informed despite what any new news casts may say.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Thats a joke. I am on the West coast of USA and there has been exactly O reports in the Main Stream Media about ANY fallout from Japan. That right there tells me that we are not being truthfully informed despite what any new news casts may say.

You're right. There have been very few news items since it happened.

I read an anecdote at one point about someone saying something like, "its not in the news so it must be fixed". I laughed, cause you know, its kinda funny .... until I actually brought it up to a few people in person, who also agreed it must be "safe" because it wasn't on the news....

sick....

anyway, there are some other great threads that point out those far and few articles scattered around ATS - none of which getting near enough attention - posted today, forgotten tomorrow.....

But we knew. We knew all along.

related ATS threads

Fukushima radiation now beyond instruments ability to measure - May 15, 2011
Radioactive dust from Fukushima plant hit N. America soon after meltdown - June 23, 2011
Radiation found in U.S. food - June 29, 2011
Largest Radiation release to date!! - August 28, 2011
and many more....
edit on 27-10-2011 by Forevever because: more

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

There's plenty of publically available radiation monitoringavailable for the west coast of the USA - how about you actually search for it (the link took me 10 seconds) instead of waiting for a spoonfeeed of something that isn't actually news??

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is still full of it IMHO.

40% of Chernobyl? Yeah right.

There were over 1000 fuel rods in the six Fukushima facilities and they expect me to believe all of that stuff is still sitting there just fine?

How the hell do you secure all of those fuel rods when some of them are within mere meters of the meltdown location?

I don't buy it.

I estimate that at least 4x Chernobyl material was released, minimum!

They will probably be releasing new reports every 6 months saying it was higher than previously reported for long time because their figures are so low ball it's not even reasonable.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Greetings:

Hey there, Westcoast and other fine members out West and specifically in California, we have a question that needs an answer:

Has the [color=limegreen]never-ending life-altering radiation spewing 24/7/365 from the Fukushima disaster/fiasco/nightmare affected/tainted this year’s wine production?

Or were all the wine-producing grapes kept out of the radioactive rain?

We propose that the larger question looms on the horizon: does Cesium 137, Iodine-133 and Xenon-133 affect the intrinsic, unique flavors and leave that metallic taste in your mouth?

Just a reminder as to why we ask these questions... please notice that the fruit and wine-producing regions of California are specifically mentioned in the following graphic.

Perhaps your local Chamber of Commerce can get some free air time on CNN like this:

27 October 2011
CNN: ‘Why tourism in Fukushima makes more sense then ever’
— Reporter given all-expenses-paid trip to Japan
— “Life in much of Fukushima goes on as normal now”

Far from any scenes of devastation, Setogaro Gorge will reward hikers with unrivaled scenes of natural beauty and plenty of picturesque waterfalls.

(...)The northern limits are on the cusp of the government-mandated 30-kilometer evacuation zone around the [color=limegreen]beleaguered Fukushima nuclear reactors.

Virtually everything due north of Iwaki, all the way up to the city of Sendai, has been evacuated, abandoned or destroyed.

Pack up the kids and the dogs, Ma, sounds like a place to vacation on the cheap!

Life in this region of Japan will never be the same. The rice paddies, usually impeccably maintained, grow wild; a clear indication of abandonment and a sad reminder of a terrible day.

The entire Fukushima region of Japan runs the risk of forever bearing a nuclear stigma.

What follows has earned itself a place in the Quotable Hall of Wonderment:

But it is important to understand that although a nuclear disaster has stricken Fukushima and the immediate area around the blown-out reactors is off limits, the land is by no means some apocalyptic scene of nuclear winter.

[color=limegreen]]The people living there are not glowing a radioactive hue.

Prove it.

Fukushima remains one of the most beautiful and scenic prefectures in Japan, filled with good, honest, real people who continue to thrive on in the aftermath of an unprecedented disaster.

...people who continue to thrive on...

We sincerely question that statement.

Over 50% of seafood tested in eastern Japan contain radioactive cesium-134 and cesium-137.

Consumers have generally avoided products from the regions near the wrecked Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant
(AFP/File, Richard A. Brooks)

As Japan insists it is safe for travelers (outside the nuclear evacuation zone, of course) and is enticing people to come and see what its like for themselves, Iwaki is poised to become the next hot destination for people wanting to witness post-March 11 Japan at the doorstep of ground zero.

Right..., but wait, there’s more.

For the more intrepid travelers, a visit to a city on the outskirts of the [color=limegreen]tsunami-ravaged nuclear no-man's land might be one of the most evocative and educational things to do while touring Japan.

We need these type of wordsmiths on our side...and the weight of the government behind us - oh, wait! The government is part of the problem!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the beat goes on:

People have accepted what they feel they cannot change.
DancedWithWolves

This attitude is not acceptable, as apathy will assure the end of all life on our planet.

For your consideration;

Biological concentration is coming up to human

Living in the land of death

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by intrptr

There's plenty of publically available radiation monitoringavailable for the west coast of the USA - how about you actually search for it (the link took me 10 seconds) instead of waiting for a spoonfeeed of something that isn't actually news??

So a website with a few charts, a bunch of gibberish claiming they are correct, and then telling us not to make any conclusions from it and especially not to assume it's from Fukushima, is suppose to convince me? Yeah right, that website is so bunk.

Show me some video tape (unedited) of people with sensor equipment in the real world, doing actual readings. That is far more believable.

I don't trust anyone who says :

there is evidence that minute traces of fallout from the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan are reaching the U.S., the contribution of these substances at the levels detected to your daily radiation dose is effectively nil.

It's just so loaded with unproven BS I cannot take it seriously. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We have been jacked,I mean nuked,I mean f#@ked.
You know the common person has been mislead and misinformed.
We,as you all know,are not the common person.
We seek the truth.
The problem is getting that info out to inform the common person.
I have tried,as have many others on here and to no avail.
It's like trying to show someone the dog poop in the middle of the room while someone else shoves it under the couch.
You can't see the dog poop anymore,but you can still smell it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

They actually suggested tourists to drop by the outskirts of the no-man's land?

That's really naive and just asking for trouble imho.

Can't believe they actually said that.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If the levels detected from Fukushima are so low, than what are they exactly?

May I see the original readouts from the initial analysis? Why not?

I can do the math and tell you how bad it is.
But no one is offering me ANY DATA to do the math with!

Think about that for awhile...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Am I the only one that finds it slightly amusing that they are the only place in the world that's managed to get nuked twice? Once because they couldn't read a map and rolled into pearl harbor like a bunch of morons, and once because they did it themselves.
Sometimes I wonder why anyone lives in these countries? It seems like they're always having massive natural disasters. There comes a time to cut fence and leave an area.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The obvious fact of the matter is that Fukushima is far far worse than Chernobyl in pretty much every aspect.

This has been covered up, lied about, and ignored.

It took them forever just to admit it was a level 7 disaster. They keep saying Chernobyl was worse.
It's all being downplayed big time, still!

This report claimed only 40% of Chernobyl was released. This is a LIE.

They know the facts everyone cmon! They have tons of sensor equipment that is state-of-the-art, and so there is very low probability they do not have exact numerical data.

I need to review this exact numerical data to determine exactly how much was released, but it was NEVER made public. Why?

Here's a hint : Because the values are extremely high and they don't want us to know that.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by dashen

Am I the only one that finds it slightly amusing that they are the only place in the world that's managed to get nuked twice? Once because they couldn't read a map and rolled into pearl harbor like a bunch of morons, and once because they did it themselves.
Sometimes I wonder why anyone lives in these countries? It seems like they're always having massive natural disasters. There comes a time to cut fence and leave an area.

Well actually I doubt there are that many Japanese alive from WW2 that participated in Pearl Harbor, especially considering almost all airmen from that battle died throughout the war, in various battles.

Also you can laugh all you want, but fact of the matter is this stuff is everywhere now globally and it is going to make our children suffer.

So I honestly don't find it funny at all. I find it rather upsetting and depressing.

But go ahead and laugh though, that will keep you in a happy emotional state because if reality ever sinks in, you won't be laughing much about it anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are preaching to the choir,bro.
I am all to aware of what is going on there.
Trying to bring in the ammo to this fight.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So is there a bright side to this?
Do some of us get superpowers from all this awesome radiation?
Dont the people in charge care that they are getting dosed too?
Is there anywhere on Earth to escape to anymore? It just seems that todays disasters are all global ones.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Can anyone remember how many times they've doubled the amount released? I loose track. Is this the 3rd, or 4rth?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
So a website with a few charts, a bunch of gibberish claiming they are correct, and then telling us not to make any conclusions from it and especially not to assume it's from Fukushima, is suppose to convince me? Yeah right, that website is so bunk.

and your evidence it is bunk is what?

AFAIK it's easy enough to buy a geiger counter - why not do so & put it online in real time showing how much radiation there is at your palce to prove it bunk?/

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
welll durrrrrrrrrrr
i could of told you this

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join