It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts About The 1,000 Year Reign?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Revelation 20

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

What do you think man will be doing during this 1,000 reign? Will we build even greater cities and technology? Will we start all over and only live off the land? A 1,000 years without evil and deception is a long time. What will man learn and accomplish in such a time frame?

Since we don't have the answer now any ideas on what might occur is welcome, no matter how far fetched it may sound.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I think it will be a time when righteousness will finally reign.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I agree, but what do you think we will be doing? I'm not buying that we will sit around playing harps all day. I'm sure God has some kind of plan. What do you think it might be?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

I agree, but what do you think we will be doing? I'm not buying that we will sit around playing harps all day. I'm sure God has some kind of plan. What do you think it might be?

There will still be life on Earth though, marriage, childbirth, death. The entire world will need leadership and government just as it does today. What is great about this 1,000 time is that satan will be bound and his influence limited to almost nil, and people will finally have righteous and good leaders.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Perhaps the need and desire to "sin" will be gone. And in addition to this we will all have heavenly bodies. Remember to be resurrected and live 1,000 years you would have to have a different and renewed body. Possibly with all the powers of the angels and Jesus himself. I would think that it would be a great time of peace and purity in the world. I imagine great cities, but without the need for technology. I think that the powers and gifts that would be given to those people reigning with God would be very much above our perception. I wonder if we will still continue to live as families, and if we will be able to bring new people into the world still that will be judged after Satan is let loose one last time (as scripture states) after the 1,000 years of peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You guys are giving me goose bumps, keep the ideas coming. I love peaceful perspectives .

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I always thought it would be like at thousand-year-long camp meeting.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I always thought it would be like at thousand-year-long camp meeting.

lol, Yeah, I think that will be the case too.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What do you think man will be doing during this 1,000 reign? Will we build even greater cities and technology? Will we start all over and only live off the land? A 1,000 years without evil and deception is a long time. What will man learn and accomplish in such a time frame?

The real question is.... what happens after this 1000 year reign.

The more important questions are :

1. If this 1000 year reign happens AFTER the victory of christ... who exactly are the ones being reigned over, and why are they being reigned over?

2. Who exactly are those people being reigned over? Christians????????????

This is an important question because this 1000 year reign is established AFTER christianitys victory in the end... and "reign" basically means a rule over a population... regardless of whether or not they accept the "reign" in question.

3. 1000 years is nothing but a blink in human history. So..... why just a 1000 year reign???
And what happens AFTER 1000 years.

edit on 27-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

No, the 1,000 year reign is established after Christ comes back to destroy the antichrist. There will still be humans alive on Earth when this happens. They will be those who populate the Earth during Christ's 1,000 year reign.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Fine, but my previous questions remain unanswered.

1. Who exactly are those people being reigned over?

3. Why just a 1000 year reign??? And what happens AFTER 1000 years.?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Fine, but my previous questions remain unanswered.

1. Who exactly are those people being reigned over?

3. Why just a 1000 year reign??? And what happens AFTER 1000 years.?

I thought I addressed # 1. Thre will be humans alive on Earth when Christ returns to deal with the antichrist and his armies.

3. After the 1,000 year reign will be the Great White Throne judgment. Then the new heavens and new Earth will be created.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

The real question is.... what happens after this 1000 year reign.

The more important questions are :

1. If this 1000 year reign happens AFTER the victory of christ... who exactly are the ones being reigned over, and why are they being reigned over?

2. Who exactly are those people being reigned over? Christians????????????

This is an important question because this 1000 year reign is established AFTER christianitys victory in the end... and "reign" basically means a rule over a population... regardless of whether or not they accept the "reign" in question.

3. 1000 years is nothing but a blink in human history. So..... why just a 1000 year reign???
And what happens AFTER 1000 years.

edit on 27-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

It was not my intention to take it here. But I forgot we had some pretty good readers out there

To be honest I have no idea who will be reigned over. But like I said, I will give an imaginary guess of who it might be.

Maybe the believers who are reigned over are all those who never had a chance to hear the message of Christ. I mean one would have to think that if the only way to the Father was through the Son then naturally those who have never heard this message could never get in. Someone will have to tell them about it. Of course this would be inaccurate to scripture since Christ has preached this message to the dead Himself.

1 Peter 4:6
For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

But what about the dead who have never heard after Christ's resurrection? Maybe these are the ones we preach to, and when the 1,000 years are up Satan will have a chance to deceive them as well.

Again, just speculation, but who knows?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This time will be only for those who accepted Christ during the tribulation. There will be no evil, you will only have your mind and above to depend on. This time will be for you to prove yourself to God. You will be able to advance with technology and such, but you won't get to choose what you want to be per sa.

Example: Joe wants to be an actor. You will be assigned a job and that's it, no changing. Jesus will be in charge during this time. The saints will be in heaven until this time period is over.

*You are not allowed to have children during this time. No new people will be entered into life during this time.
edit on 27-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
in the christian prayer "our father" it says "Thy kingdom come.". is this the praying for establishing the 1000 year kingdom ?
in another strophe it says: "And lead us not into temptation"
what does that mean ? does god tempt ? and will this part of gods "character" be part of the reigning ?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

*You are not allowed to have children during this time. No new people will be entered into life during this time.

That's not true. There will be children birthed during this time.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
in the christian prayer "our father" it says "Thy kingdom come.". is this the praying for establishing the 1000 year kingdom ?
in another strophe it says: "And lead us not into temptation"
what does that mean ? does god tempt ? and will this part of gods "character" be part of the reigning ?

God does not tempt. He lays options on the table and you have to decide what you will do. Father does test, but does not tempt. Tempting would be him saying, go ahead and do it, it will feel good, etc. That prayer does not mean that.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

According to Father, no there won't. I just asked him before I wrote this.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by jhill76

According to Father, no there won't. I just asked him before I wrote this.

No offense, but are you backing this by scripture or a voice you just heard

edit on 27-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

3. After the 1,000 year reign will be the Great White Throne judgment. Then the new heavens and new Earth will be created.

They are already created, but not in the physical yet. After this, they will be brought into place, if that makes sense. Jesus said he was going to prepare a place for us, when he left. That's what he has been doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join