It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If There Was A Nuclear Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hey guys, I have a question and this seems the most appropriate place to post it. If there was a nuclear attack what would you do if you survived it? If you didn't prepare for anything and this attack was a surprise attack, what would your next moves be?

Would you risk going to supermarkets and taking canned food?
Would you try and get far away as possible from the epicenter of the attack?
Would you go to family members locations?

I wouldn't have a clue what to do, I know I wouldn't drink the water. All I know is I'd try and find canned food & bottled water but after that... I dunno. Maybe risk leaving my area?

What would your plans be and how would you get supplies, if you did't have a B.O.B

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Surely it all depends upon the scale of the nuclear attack and the fall out levels. If radiation levels are very high then, tbh, even if you have prepared you are pretty screwed.

It is an interesting topic to think about though. When we were 11, we were 'forced' to read Z for Zaccariah at school which is basically about surviving a nuclear war! Raised some interesting points at that age!

I think, to some degree, self preservation would kick in and you would head to what you deemed 'safe' areas (fallout shelters, emergency centres, etc) to pick up medical supplies and food / survival gear.

However, i also have a horrible feeling that in such a situation we would see the worst aspects of humanity and it would be a case of every man for himself

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
NUKE is just a matter of time. USA did it a few decades ago, and will, again and again.

if you've ever seen people fighting cussing pushing punching and scratching each other over grocery lines,

you just know survivors will kill each other over a bag of chips or bottle of water without hesitation, and in a gruesome MOB and by the hundreds, thousands, and eventually millions.

survival of the fittest. the main thing is having shelter. ie, concrete walls underground. if you dont have that, you'll pretty much have to be rounded up by the Jesus FEMA bus to the nearest bomb shelter, probably a school or mall like they did with Katrina victims into the superbowl. families once people riot they will be shot.

so stay away from crowds i guess is most important. we can survive days without water and weeeks without food. i've got barrels of water and big bags of dry milk. my main concern is getting away from all the homicidal maniacs people will turn into.

gun gun gun yea.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

When we were 11, we were 'forced' to read Z for Zaccariah at school which is basically about surviving a nuclear war! Raised some interesting points at that age!

Jeez!! That's nightmare fuel at that age!! haha.

Yeah the scale of the attack would change the whole thing completely. I was just playing Fallout and wondering about this. I'd hate to have an attack here because we only have tinned beans in the cupboard lol, I'd be annoyed to no end eating beans everyday!! hehe.

I really need to start making a B.O.B though, having no money kinda sucks when WW3 is on the verge of starting.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Military crews will be there a.s.a.p. to implement any evacuations, aid drops, mediacal responses and whatever else they have contingency plans for.
However, depending on where you are, and depending on wether the military is otherwise engaged, they may take a long long time to come to you.
Move as far as possible from ground zero.
Don't panic, that's always a good start.
Stay away from crowds is another good idea. Remember, a person is smart, people are f**ken thick.
Be careful about yoyr food or water sources.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Definitely back up the stay away from crowds thing - it can be seen whenever there is a major tragedy somewhere. Look at the military footage from aid convoys. Have you ever seen the US footage from handing out aid in Somalia (before the Black Hawk Down incident)? The crowds are literally attacking each other to get a bottle of water. Desperate times and all that.....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

"If there is a nuclear holocaust i want to be one of the lucky ones and die in the iniital blast ."
[sic] -Garfield2011Odie 1 month ago

edit on 26/10/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I also can't help thinking that with my British upbringing, i would be totally lost without somewhere to queue!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If there is a nuclear attack don't bother taking anything (aid, food, etc...) with you that's inside the fallout zone you are in. It will be filled with radiation. Let the stupid people take that and seal their fate.

First thing to do is move to a countryside town and there you can start collecting aid, food and make or find a temporary shelter.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Good plan but again surely depends upon the scale of the nuclear attack? If we are talking all out nuclear war then the country side is also out of the equation for a good few years.

The plus side is that radiation triggers genetic mutations, which help with evolution. So, whilst we may not have anything to survive in our areas, the set of wings that we will have grown will allow us to fly to happier climes!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I also can't help thinking that with my British upbringing, i would be totally lost without somewhere to queue!

I am glad I saw your humorous reply because as I was reading I was thinking...what is the ruddy point of even trying to survive? And then I considered I would just run outside and be contaminated or 'petri-fied' and die.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
OP just click print and then read it and understand the rule of 7s. This can get you through a one time exchange just fine. If its a multiple exchange then you need dosimeters and a survey instrument as well as a few other things. about 700-800 dollars now.

www.alertsusa.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

sealed foods that can have fallout rinsed from outside the packaging before opening are fine. They will contain no radiation at all.

Taking objects that cannot be fully scrubbed down and cleaned is a very bad thing though.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If I were in such a position that I had not planned for yet alone not even looked into this possibility, I'd just head for the local FEMA camp.
I'm sure they'd take care of me.
But, if I had time to, I'd read all I could in a variety of situations as some methods of survival always overlap.
You need water, food, and shelter.
In some cases, what you have might need to be protected from animals or zombies.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
1,prepare now. get a few hundred cans of food.and a can opener!
2,get some bottled water.
3,fill up the bath when it looks like trouble is on its way.
4,get some training now. why not?
5,plenty of batteries and a durable flashlight.
6,good boots.
7,make a get together plan with trusted pals.
8,black capsule just in case.
9,get antibiotics and pain killers.

hope it never happens!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Bottled water only has a limited shelf life though before the chemicals from the plastics start passing into the water itself. Therefore you would need to keep replenishing your water supplies.........

Just another way they have us bought and sold!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
reply to post by Jepic

sealed foods that can have fallout rinsed from outside the packaging before opening are fine. They will contain no radiation at all.

Taking objects that cannot be fully scrubbed down and cleaned is a very bad thing though.

Radiation does pass through a tin can. It will pass like a knife through warm butter. Especially gamma radiation. Especially in the form of a nuclear bomb, because all the energy and radiation the blast gives out.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you don't know what to do just sit there and wait til FEMA comes to save you.

Pretty simple.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I would lay low for a week or so, if it happened in my country..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's all a question of proximity.

Assuming your just a hair outside of the blast area AND the fire area that surrounds that - I'd make a quick peek at the trees through the window to determine wind direction.

IF the vehicle was full of gasoline - and there was a path to safer ground at a right angle to the wind - I'd go for the speeding dash.

If there's not much gasoline in the vehicle or if I determine the wind is swirling around my place ... I'd SEAL the doors and windows and stay put.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join