It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that cops, teachers and firefighters get 50% off their homes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Actually to tell you the truth, my husband entire retirement check and some of his full time job withholdings goes to pay taxes, so as long as he have a full time job we don't get to see a penny of that retirement after taxes.

Sad, truly sad, the way things are going right now by the time he is ready for SS probably SS will either be no longer available or the age of SS will be pushed back again.

Then some whores in congress agree with Obama on cutting benefits to the military retirees Medicare and tricare specially if they are still working after SS age.

Incredible, but they are not doing a darn thing to cuts the incredible waste and abuse of their own making in government, neither the amount of free loaders riding the system without contributing a penny to it.

Sick, sick sick.

My father got it right, he was able to retire and get full SS before the age was pushed after working all his life he got something back and he never needed government assistance when he was a hard working tax payer, put all of us (4 children) in college and my mother never had to work.

I keep asking what went wrong, in our nation, when obviously we have gone backward since my father time.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

You are probably unfamiliar with the concept of gentrification. Some people -- not you -- might look at this as an opportunity -- not you -- to help rebuild a community, because it might be a good thing to do -- not you. Since you see no use to this kind of program -- don't want to participate in doing something worthy of the resources you are consuming. Do you really see it as right to sit on the sidelines and nay say while other people are taking a risk to give something back. The only sure way to fail is not to try.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by newcovenant

every school board has HUNDREDS of applications for people looking to teach...

Lol that's why the US has been recruiting teachers from Canada, Japan, and various other places that aren't the US of A.

I don't get how so many people here can spout completely and utter none sense but actually believe it. It's amazing. Want to see evidence of the downfall of civilization, look no further.

Not only can you not spell, you can't read or follow a thread.

Blame a teacher.

You are responding to someone else's reply to me.

You and I are on the same side (God help us)

Now I am the downfall of civilization?

You are either a joke or joking I can't figure which - and I am not even going to try.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join