It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS inner circle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well I just found this, I will try to find more info. Very interesting though.

It's a short article so I won't ruin it with a big quote.

But, the NYC "Occupy Wall Street" also has a secretive inner circle.

Source

Here's a interview with a supposed head of security.
security interview

From that I am guessing they are doing the financials.
The financial aspect is kind of sketchy though.
I would expect full tranparency.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been mentioned but as long as we are paying our taxes it isnt that hard for the government to turn a blind eye to the going ons of this movement. why has it not been suggested that everyone change their tax claims to exempt. this would hit them harder then closing bank accounts. this would force them to hear us out and make rapid changes in the direction we are wishing for.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I can't speak to New York specifically, but I'll just bet their problems FAR exceed the camp I was in and I happened to work on the Safety committee while I was there, as a matter of fact.

First off, if this guy really was security, I worry for them. He doesn't appear to have any real concern for professional appearance or image (using his shirt to wipe his nose while he knows he's on a live recording and being interviewed??? Oh geeze
). That lack of concern in someone sitting in the middle of a camp like these are and personally taking responsibility for the safety of everyone there is disturbing.

Oh.... Someone might tell him, they invented this cool widget recently and I heard someone refer to it as a 'Disposable Razor'. He really might want to use those investigative skills he's learning in security to check that rumor out.

More importantly and seriously though.... It's about time they start showing some sense in how things are being handled. The camps are welcoming the Homeless and general population equally with Occupy protesters who are really there out of personal conviction and sacrifice.

That means SOME people aren't there for the protest at all, but to serve as predators to for the weak and foolish in camp. Keeping EVERYTHING 100% transparent in real time was asking for a major problem...especially for finance or security issues in a day to day way.

Think about this...if someone you knew was in the camp and got raped...would you want them to insure that meeting was 100% transparent where the details were discussed among safety committee members and anyone who walked up to stand in or should they just ignore the conspiracy accusations and hassle for keeping a very touchy and private issue out of the gossip tree of camp life?
edit on 24-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If they start hiding things because it might hurt thier image, then they destroy thier intergrity.

I meant the financials, all the money getting donated has a paper trail, it should be easily uploaded for people to see. It's not that hard.

Anyone there could have their hand in the cookie jar.

They are asking Wallstreet and government for transparency, why hould we expect less from them.
I am not ripping on them.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If they start hiding things because it might hurt thier image, then they destroy thier intergrity.

I meant the financials, all the money getting donated has a paper trail, it should be easily uploaded for people to see. It's not that hard.

I am not ripping on them.

Oh I agree with the eventual transparency of the financials. By eventual, I mean on a regular basis for a camp like theirs with serious money. Perhaps every week, since this is definitely a marathon and not a sprint. If some people want it daily though, where would the virtual division full of accountants come from to essentially process a mid size business's fiduciary reports on a mere 24hr cycle? That is getting kinda rough when you think about it.

They can't be transparent in real time. It simply cannot be done. The reason is basic. The camp has predators as well as protesters and the whole range of others one finds in the general public and society. So....What happens if they have an open circle meeting to discuss what has come in that day from the street, how much remains in camp and when it will be transfered out as well as by whom?

Ummm.... see what I mean? There are limits to this transparency business in a society that is supposed to actually work...I'm just glad to see they are finally making those changes.

I know you're not ripping on them... Those that are on here are just outright brutal and vicious. Not much question on OWS as to which side a person is standing on by simply glancing across their posts. lol..... This story sure makes people wonder about how things work tho...and I thought I'd toss in my comments as one with direct personal experience on that.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What I ment about how easy it is, you can make a simple tracking software that inputs all incoming donations and uploads it to a site

.* Not the actual receipts*-although they might want actual reciepts coe tax time. I mean if they care, they could get hit big with fines.

I mean they have enough computer people there, to make a simple program like that would take a couple hours tops.

top topics

join