It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WANTED: Condom Czar for NYC. Pay up to $88,000/year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Search turned nothing up...

Schools in ‘condom boss’ hunt

Wanted: condom czar.

The city Health Department is looking to hire a condom coordinator to keep the city’s public high schools stocked with free birth control.

The former condom czar, Amrita Harbajan -- the first person to hold the position since its 2005 creation -- no longer works for the agency, which runs the program with the Department of Education.

The city is offering up to $88,000 a year.

Link

Just doing my part to lower unemployment....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
88k to keep all of New York's High Schools stocked with condoms? Doesn't sound too outrageous to me. And, personally, I think high-schoolers should have access to free condoms.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I use to think Czars were in communist controlled countries.
You know, the kind of countries where people had little to no rights, citizens were starving and poor, and the police brutality was sometimes lethal?

Why not just give the job to someone who's already making 6 figures and only does about 30 minutes of work each week?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is 88K in NYC a lot?
I live in one of the most over crowded cities in the world and expenses are insane. It seems to me that a city like that coupled with it's tourist industry would make it uber expensive, and 88K just doesn't seem like a lot.

Sure you don't have to live in the city, but keeping the schools loaded 24/7 would probably mean an apartment in town.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And you wonder why your government can't balance the budget. I am reading the responses to this post and am speechless. Why not go out and hire a coke machine Czar, a gym sock Czar, a hair brush Czar....

It is not the responsiblity of taxpayers to make sure Johnny has a condom. Believe it or not, when I was a teen, we were able (can you imagine--personal responsibility!) to get our own condoms. We also knew (Imagine!) that we could get a girl pregnant without using a condom, or even get a disease.

We didnt need the Sex Czar to hold our hand,

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Search turned nothing up...

Schools in ‘condom boss’ hunt

Wanted: condom czar.

The city Health Department is looking to hire a condom coordinator to keep the city’s public high schools stocked with free birth control.

The former condom czar, Amrita Harbajan -- the first person to hold the position since its 2005 creation -- no longer works for the agency, which runs the program with the Department of Education.

The city is offering up to $88,000 a year.

Sounds like a job for a rising star, is the salary inflation proof :-P

What colour suit would they wear? Banana, Mint,

Link

Just doing my part to lower unemployment....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So much for promoting abstinence and ultimately RESISTANCE which leads to a deeper self understanding. The fruits of the mysteries of life are invisible to those caught up in sexual desires. One must know themselves and in order to do that, one must understand RESISTANCE.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

It is not the responsiblity of taxpayers to make sure Johnny has a condom. Believe it or not, when I was a teen, we were able (can you imagine--personal responsibility!) to get our own condoms. We also knew (Imagine!) that we could get a girl pregnant without using a condom, or even get a disease.

We didnt need the Sex Czar to hold our hand,

To me, condoms were there mainly to protect against STDs. Just the thought that that sweet little number could be a herpes carrier was more than enough to put a 'damper' on any amorous feelings, believe me.

I remember asking a guy who was touting condoms if he would feel safe having sex with a person who had full blown communicable AIDS, as long as he wore a condom. He didn't answer.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Wish it was in Florida. LOL...as long as I don't gotta buy the condoms with my own cash.

LOL!!!

$88,000 a year I'd be set here not so much in NYC though that's not enough up there to live off of...unless you live in Queens.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

reply to post by mishigas

Wish it was in Florida. LOL...as long as I don't gotta buy the condoms with my own cash.
LOL!!!
$88,000 a year I'd be set here not so much in NYC though that's not enough up there to live off of...unless you live in Queens.

I'd liken the job to someone who refills vending machines, no? Sounds pretty much the same to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

While you're somewhat right..

The Czars were actually one of the main reasons communism came to be, as in the case of Soviet Russia, they over threw their Czar and formed a communist state.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I wonder if the city will be liable if one of those rascals blows out at an inopportune time.

What kind of choices will be offered is my next question....

Ribbed
Flavored
Colors
Ticklers
Printed with the American Flag or Devil Face

All questions that need to be answered....

Any Rubber Czar making 88k needs to know the in's and out's of his job description.

Sorry, I couldn't help it....Corny is in my DNA!!

F&S mishigas for allowing me the opportunity to get silly

edit on 24-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh please, Whaaa...you're killin' me!

join