It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A point in the right Direction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
FACTS about step by step concerning the initial explosion and its several forms of energy that all have a damaging effect. Also the explosion radius and fallout time scale from nuclear bombs or by missiles which are likely to be a large kiloton load. While terrorists would likely use a 1 to 3 kiloton bomb. The affects depend on the severity of these assaults and factors such as weather and geographical layout of targeted area. So concerning some facts i give could be decreased or increased in response to theses types of factors.

Blast Wave,Thermal radiation and heat,Electromagnetic pulse, Nuclear radiation and fallout are all stages i will try to cover.

The heat produced goes in to the tens of millions of degrees and the explosion is millions of times more powerful than any other conventional explosive to date. So this scenario is the deadliest form of attack that can be perpetrated by a hostile country or terror group.

Stage one:
BLAST: This release of energy will create a shock wave containing a crazy amount of pressure. The P.S.I of this pressure will be some were in the region of thousands of pounds per square inch. So anything will get crushed by this monstrous amount of pressure.

BLAST: Winds:The blast also generates high travelling winds that can throw objects at speeds in the region of hundreds of kilometres per hour. So anything can become a deadly missile including your self.

BLAST: Thermal radiation: This part of the process is most strange to me what i have found so Far is out of a strange fantasy book.This is the strangest quote i found about this, is that it can burn shadows into concrete?. Basically the spectrum of light given off consists of ultraviolet, infra red and visible light to the naked eye. If this visible light is looked up on with the naked eye it could blind you from hundreds of miles away from the epicentre. The intense light will combust any flammable materials such as gas and petroleum etc over a long distance from the epicentre.

BLAST: The heat: The heat produced goes in to the tens of millions of degrees and the explosion is millions of times more powerful per gram than any other known conventional explosive. Any thing in the immediate epicentre is vaporized and it will decimate buildings for up to 4 miles .After such a radius severe blast wave damage will occur.

BLAST: Electromagnetic pulse: This is referred to as a EMP.Emp is said to only last about one millisecond but combined with the secondary effects could last up to a second. Basically there is no direct threat to us physically but all computers and anything electrical will stop working. This EMP will travel about 1 to 3 miles if certain conditions are met.

BLAST: Nuclear radiation: types of radiation produced by blast are:
1) gamma rays 2) neutrons 3) Beta 4)alpha. Direct nuclear radiation from the initial blast is confined to the blast zone or epicentre.

Stage two: Radioactive Fall-out:

After Blast: Radioactive Fall-out: This is were you can take control of you own survival. If you are not in the epicentre or close to the initial blast in stage 1, your chances are high. Only if you are armed with the information, preparation and determination you can survive. Radioactive Fall-out can kill more than the initail blast zone which is only due to lack of information and most of all preparation. Radioactive Fallout is a mix of dust and radiation particles blown up to a high altitude and then descends back to the surrounding areas. This whole stage is made more dangerous because it can be carried for hundreds of miles with the prevailing winds. With that said it gives it the greatest potential for taking human life. Radiations affect on us differs because of certain factors. like how long we are exposed. Also depends on the amount of radiation absorbed by an individual. An most of all what type of radiation we are exposed to. Alpha: can only infect through open wounds or being digested through water or food, so if that occurs theses two are extremely dangerous. Gamma rays and Neutrons penetrate through solid matter. So during the period of Radioactive Fall-out these two are the most dangerous in my opinion due to the lack of shielding that many of us have in place.
We are all aware that building a bunker or hiring a contractor to build you one is in most cases unaffordable or impractical. This could be impractical because you live in a flat or even a residential area were you lack space. So unless the bunker is close to you and you could get quick access to it there is no point in building one away from you property, due to the short amount of time you would have before fallout. In some cases you just might have enough time depends on circumstances. I for one consider that option to high in risk to invest in. We are all aware what the governments suggests doing in these situations and if you have no bunker you are left to do as they suggest. Heres what the uk suggests PROTECT AND SURVIVE The same is said for the US and other country's if you have no bunker they suggest staying in you home. An protecting yourselves in various ways but all these methods put forward by TPTB are beyond inadequate. For one Nuclear radiation will pass through you home like a hot knife through butter. They are merely trying to comfort the people. Who are unaware of the facts and the inevitable short comings of our government's when it comes to puting plans in motion to save as many people as they can. They have had since the first test explosion in 1945 to plan substantial methods to help with the survival of there citizens. Here in the UK when the blitz in world war two was occurring the government built bunkers and in some cases converted subways into bunkers for the public and all this in a time when money was scarce. In this day an age with such a threat to us they spend and build solely for the survival of military, government and the 1% of wealthy people. We have no chance if we put our faith in the government's to save us from such a threat. We need to help ourselves through information, preparation and the determination to survive.

lets take a look at one of the government's abandoned bunkers from the Cold War. Which evidently costs them more to tear down theses cold war bunkers than keep serviced. So they dicide to sell because it gives them a better return financially. KEEP in mind its your taxes that pay for these. There are a crazy amount of these cold war bunkers the figuer is yet to be announced due to government polices and secrecy. There just sitting there rotting away when we are expected to face a threat with no hope of beating if things stay the way they are today.
Here is facts about one such cold war bunker and underground complex at Corsham, Wiltshire in the UK . Built in the late 1950s,decommissioned in the 1980s, lies 100 feet beneath the surface,covers many acres of land, has over 60 miles of Roads,Over a kilometre in length, Blast proof and completely self-sufficient, room for up to 4,000 people, underground hospitals, canteens, kitchens, laundries, storerooms, accommodation areas, offices, Underground Lake ,water treatment plant, 12 huge fuel tanks, underground power station, large telephone exchange, brodcasting tv studio and even has a full replica of Whitehall street in london including the famous pub the Red Lion and all this was still active untill 1991. heres some pics

edit on 24/10/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The government's sells alot of there abandoned bunkers to private firms who use them for data storage. I say to this when did numbers, files and servers become more important than human life and the on going human survival. Surly if the world was devastated by this type of event then human life would be needed more than bank codes etc. For human life would be the most precious commodity. Heres some links to some storage facility's originally bought from our governments.
This datastorge firm is Sweden’s largest ISP and is by far the best looking bunker i have ever seen to date link
This datastorge firm is based in the UK here is a link to a virtual tour of there facility link
This datastorge firm is called infobunker based in the US link

If you are lucky enough to live close to some of the museum bunkers. Than you could shelter in them they would be relatively maintained and safe. I ask my self why cant they just keep what we got just like the museum bunkers are. Well the simple answer would be they the government would say its not cost efficient. I would say its our taxes and there's no price to human life. Here is some links and pics to the two best i know of.
This one is called kelvedon hatch in the English county of Essex

This one is in Scotland here is link
I would encourage people to go out and find the closest bunker to you be it abandoned or museum type if you do not have the funds to build your own. Please gather information and do the preparation its the difference between life and death if this ever should occuer.
p.s sorry about the long read im still new to all this by the way i cant refund your time back

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This tells you exactly what to do and why.Its free to share in its intact form.

www.alertsusa.com...

Even full scale nuclear war is very survivable if you know what to do. But its late in the game to buy equipment. a good 717 meter is $370 now. Dosimeter/charger sets are $260. Who knows how long those price points will hold.

You should change title to match content.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ive seen the pictures of peoples shadows burned into a building or roads. The light is so intense that it bleaches everything around that is not in a shadow.

The only thing left of thoses people were there shadows.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

thanks for showing that to be a fact my friend that sends shivers up my spine

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

Yeah, look it up, i cant right now im at work. It was in hurushima /dont think i got that right. After the first A-bomb to be used as a weapon. there is a picture of a mans shadow burned into a building and a picture of a few peoples shadows that were bunred on to bridges

edit on 24-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Shielding is always good to keep in mind.
Here are a few tenth thickness thumbrules to keep in mind I learned in my Navy days.
Tenth thickness meaning this thickness will reduce radiation levels to 1/10 as it passes through the material.
For the record I still recommend to duck and cover.

Lead-2"
Steel/Iron-4"
Concrete-10"
Water-24"

These are the only ones I was required to memorize. I will look for a good link with more unless I am beaten to it. Nice thread btw.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RiderOnTheStorm

Thanks friend what you have already provided is invaluable. I did look for a straight forward list of shielding to provide to the thread readers. I could not come up with a full comprehensive list so thanks again.

new topics

top topics

join