It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third-grader arrested for disorderly conduct

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

He told her he was placed "in a dark room with a window, a metal toilet and a metal sink," and that inmates banged on the window "saying they were going to get him and cussing," she said. He said officers told him to stop crying or they'd let the inmates get him, she said.

The police should be sued for pschychological injuries to the child. Putting an 8 year old into a mature environment doesn't help the situation. In this case the police were being very abusive.

Guillen said he'd been told the mother agreed police should be called. She said she told school officials not to call them.

Then again at the same time the councillor ignored the advice of the childs parents, and one can argue the councilor was at fault for misleading the police.

She said a school counselor wanted him to return to class, and that when the boy ran outside and started crying louder, the counselor told him if he wasn't going to be in school, she was going to call police.

The learning environment created by the councilor seems to have been non-existant. I'm surprised other experienced teachers didn't come in to offer a helping hand.

It would be interesting to follow this up to see how the 3rd grader will communicate with the it's peers. How long is enough to impair the judgement of a third year old, being held in a mature environment consistently being verbally abused by police? Obviously it doesn't take very long, since its like a kid growing up with abusive and foul mouthed parents. I guess it would depend on how the jail environment compares to the one at the 3'rd graders home.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Police should be sued?...How long have you live in a hole?...WHAT SHOULD THE COPS HAVE DONE?...i repeat the question....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Police should be sued?...How long have you live in a hole?...WHAT SHOULD THE COPS HAVE DONE?...i repeat the question....You are taking the mothers words as gospel...the same mother who didnt pick the kid up from school....the same mother who said to call the police....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Police should be sued?...How long have you live in a hole?...WHAT SHOULD THE COPS HAVE DONE?...i repeat the question....

Well in Canada the police do not partake in Kindergarten related issues. There are 3rd graders being sexually assaulted and killed by pedophiles, marijuana growth operations springing up due to a faulty court decision, a series of pitbull related death incidents, etc. All have higher priorities compared to that of a 3rd grader misbehaving.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well have worked with children from K-to 8th and so far the only reason to call the police to arrest a child is when he has cause harm to others.

A child that young usually is taking from the classroom as not to interrupt the rest of the class and then the parent or guardian is call to come and pick the child, then a conference is arrange as to decide if the child should be suspended.

When the child is older as junior high or high school the child will be place in detention in the school, if that does not work he will be send to alternative school with other students that can not be in a regular classroom.

The reason of all this is due to the fact that children education is guarantee, and the parent can sue the school if the proper steps and procedures are not follow, schools has rules, and depending how many rules has been broken and how many times by the same student that is how it work.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The police should have led him around the school in handcuffs as an example to the other students, then he should have been taken to his parents.

They should have put him in an orange jumpsuit and brought in K-9's and SWAT.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think we are funny in this country. Back in the day teachers used to discipline the kids, and one day parents decided that wasn't right, so they stopped. The only problem with that was that the parents decided they weren't going to discipline their kids either. That brings us to this situation... teachers CAN"T do anything, parent DOESN"T do anything, which leaves the police to do something, and when they do, THE POLICE are wrong?!?!?! The mother rants and raves about how the police treated the situation, but if SHE would have done something in the first place it would have never reached the police. Bucha morons in this country. The mother should have been brought to the police station.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
he won't be doing it again though will he hehe...

sorry I should make light of the subject. You are correct, the fact that the police felt that they needed to physically restrain a child is proposterous and hilarious.. that is unless the Spanish police no have a division of physically challenged officers who feared for their well being.....

[edit on 31/8/04 by Klepto]

I know your from the UK but I hope you don't think that New Mexico is country. It is a State here in the USA. Although I agree the police overeacted. Maybe the hadn't had a doughtnut break yet

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woodside
I think we are funny in this country. Back in the day teachers used to discipline the kids, and one day parents decided that wasn't right, so they stopped. The only problem with that was that the parents decided they weren't going to discipline their kids either. That brings us to this situation... teachers CAN"T do anything, parent DOESN"T do anything, which leaves the police to do something, and when they do, THE POLICE are wrong?!?!?! The mother rants and raves about how the police treated the situation, but if SHE would have done something in the first place it would have never reached the police. Bucha morons in this country. The mother should have been brought to the police station.

Then they should have fined her the cost of having the police babysit her kid. That would straigten out some parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join