It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail goop? CA Bay Area people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
I don't think people who really try to batter others down with nastiness is a good use of time. It's all negative an goes nowhere. And I've already been reduced to having to defend myself and this thread, when I'm posing a question, not making a blanket statement. Speculation isn't a decided opinion.

I'd like it to be a discussion and not a "you're so pathetic for believing in chemtrails" or "you're a paid disinfo agent" or "I'm going to use semantics to nit-pick everything you said and not focus on the topic" thread. How exhausting.

I totally agree. I'm a proponent of the "don't be a dick" school of skepticism.

www.randi.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

Maybe 'need' them to be real, in order to validate their own beliefs would be better. I feel sorry because I think these people are looking for truth, but being blindsided by people with ulterior motives. Whether it is to con them, or even if it is just to gain enjoyment from promoting fear in others, it's not nice.

A forum is a place for discussion and debate, debates normally have two sides, the fact that it is a conspiracy forum does not mean only those that agree can post. Any forum that operated along those lines would be truly pointless.

You have mentioned seeing good evidence. Well, I haven't, despite asking for it many many times, I also post direct questions that seem to get universally avoided. I am one of the most open and fair minded people I know and am more than willing to see both sides sides but, so far at least, all the anti Chemtrail arguments check out fully, while all the pro chemtrail arguments I have seen are nonsense, guesswork and lies.

If there is stuff out there that isn't any of the above, I would love to see it. If this is truly happening, I would want to know.

edit on 24-10-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Of course there is going to be hogwash out there. The hogwash is the speculation and correlation based upon zero evidence.

I have no problem with people speculating - as long as it is presented as speculation and the whole discussion remains faithful to that - it is when it gets presented as proof positive that speculation becomes bunk.....

You know there is verifiable evidence, hence the mission here of the "usual supsects" to debunk it. Once again not going into a debate about their validity.

?? Did you mean to write there is NO verifiable evidence??

And yes - when people post speculation as if it were proof positive it is easy to debunk, and often pisses them off to have their pet theory torn to shreds.

But again - if they present it as speculation then it can be quite good indulging in discussion of hypotheticals.

If you did actually mean to say that I know there is verifiable evidence then you are simply wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Whatever you want to think. Works for me.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

I'm not going to say you thought 1 or the other - I don't know - that's why I asked!!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So here's the video. To me this looks like spider webbing or ballooning. Super strong and doesn't dissolve. And to me it seems to have a different texture than the stuff it the other lady's video that I posted.

The stick coming into the frame makes me laugh. She wasn't too keen on touching it no matter if it it was spider webs or chemical evilness.

I'm not going to say for certain I know what this is, but to me it looks like webbing.

What strikes me as funny about this is that there were other people who experienced this and thought it was strange as well on the same morning about 75 miles from each other and questioned it enough to post it on the internet. Maybe there's some synchronicity with spiders to waft their balloons at the same time? I haven't, nor has she seen this any other day this week or last week. It's all curious. So unless anyone has anything else to add to further the solving of this mystery, with goop pictures, a microscope or a petri dish, I'm good with my 90% feeling this is webbing and calling it a day.

Thanks for all the positive input and, I'm sorry but, no thanks to the negative.

edit on 25-10-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

edit on 25-10-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What strikes me as funny about this is that there were other people who experienced this and thought it was strange as well on the same morning about 75 miles from each other and questioned it enough to post it on the internet. Maybe there's some synchronicity with spiders to waft their balloons at the same time? I haven't, nor has she seen this any other day this week or last week. It's all curious. So unless anyone has anything else to add to further the solving of this mystery, with goop pictures, a microscope or a petri dish, I'm good with my 90% feeling this is webbing and calling it a day.

There's no limit to when or where spiders balloon, they can travel many miles over land and very high into the air. It's really up to the weather conditions.

From wiki:

Many sailors have reported spiders being caught in their ship's sails, over 1600 km[11] from land (Heimer 1988). They have even been detected in atmospheric data balloons collecting air samples at slightly less than 5 km (16000 ft) above sea level.[12] Apparently it is the most common way for spiders to invade isolated islands and mountaintops.[11][13] Spiderlings are known to survive without food travelling in air currents of jet streams for 25 days or longer.[4]

But, I agree with your conclusion. Thanks for considering the possibility that it didn't come from contrails.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IblisLucifer
reply to post by ProudBird

The Jet A and Jet A-1 go into all jet commercial planes The primary differences between Jet A and Jet A-1 are the higher freezing point of Jet A (−40 °C vs −47 °C for Jet A-1), and the mandatory requirement for the addition of an anti-static additive to Jet A-1.Silver iodide is and ingredient in jet A1 fuel the pilot of a commercial airliner uses separate tank of Jet A for take off, then after reaching cruising altitude they switch the tanks over to Jet A-1 both for flying in class A airspace and to maintain the center of gravity or load weight for the plane further aft since this helps to decrease fuel consumption saving the airlines money which is further subsidized by commercial companies paying for the airlines usage for weather modification services

Other additives that I cannot conform but believe to be present are barium and aluminum salts, thorium, or silicon carbide which while toxic to the enviorment also help to create Ozone and reduce UV levels which today are around 4 on a scale 1-16 that is below average even for october here where 6 to 7 for fall and winter and 9 to 12 for the spring to summer plus the added benefits of rainfall on the great plains (great bread basket) which is the most power thing America possess because the military maybe the strongest but the subsidized food produced in the USA is by far more influential to people across the globe because its cheaper to import US food then it is to grow it locally
just saying

AgI is absolutely not an ingredient of jet fuel. Why did you come up with something so nonsensical like that?

That post illustrates the chemtrial conspiracy. Statements that are entirely without facts, followed by an article of faith in what they believe in going on.

edit on 1-11-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
double post

edit on 1-11-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join