It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite kids movies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I need some movie suggestions for kids, they are between 3 and 9 years old.. they basically have every pixar and new disney movie. So I need some more obscure suggestions for movies that are still really good, maybe from past decades. They also own movies like Avatar and Iron man.. so their mom isn't too strict on the age appropriate thing..etc.. but obviously it should be something that is still generally appropriate for kids.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
My daughter loves WALL-E. And Monsters Inc. She constantly wants to watch them.And she's 4. Probably not what you were looking for but just thought I'd tell ya !

ETA : she also loves Monster House..
edit on 23-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
I need some movie suggestions for kids, they are between 3 and 9 years old.. they basically have every pixar and new disney movie. So I need some more obscure suggestions for movies that are still really good, maybe from past decades. They also own movies like Avatar and Iron man.. so their mom isn't too strict on the age appropriate thing..etc.. but obviously it should be something that is still generally appropriate for kids.

The secret of Nihm

Best ever kids movie IMO.

Some info on the movie
edit on 23-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Black Beauty
(1990's remake..and its great for kids and grownups.. not animated, and the narration throughout the movie by the "voice' of Black beauty in a scottish accent is well done)

A Little Princess
(this is a great one for girls, a real classic heartfelt story with some real magical moments in it which grown ups enjoy as well)

Land Before Time
( Watch the first one first if you can..there is quite a few of them.. but it helps to watch the first one ..first )

Free Willy
(the original is from the 90's , and the first one is the one that my daughter just loved..)

edit on 23-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

The Sandlot. One of the best.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

haha yes,I love that movie !

Some others could be Neverending story...or an american tail.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Orr you could introduce them to every ones favorite alien...E.T.

I still tear up watching the ending. And when my daughter watched it and said.. 'daddy,is he going home'? I said yes and she said..but why? He would be better off living here. Kids.

edit on 23-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My kiddos love the Dark Crystal. Thought it may be a little scary for them but 2 years ago they were 3 and 5 and loved it. I let them watch the making of it on the DVD also explaining how they were all puppets. They have watched many many times of course my kids also love O Brother Where Art Thou too! Great music and one of my favorites.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My Daughter's favorite movies growing up were Labyrinth www.imdb.com...
and Princes Bride www.imdb.com... Both are excellent movies for kids and adults alike. Good luck in the never ending battle entertaining kids!
Cheers,
brice

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I generally dislike Disney for personal and distorted reasons, but I ADORE Aladdin and The Lion King

Back to the Future is good
Halloween is coming, you can do Edward Scissorhands
ooooooo every kid should see The Karate Kid too
um....The Princess Bride, Labyrinth, Legend, The Wizard of Oz.....

just off the top of my head

ETA: Neverending Story!!!
edit on 23-10-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Anything and everything from the wonderful studio ghibli. www.onlineghibli.com...
You may want to pass princess mononoke, its a little graphic for very young kids.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
"Oh Mr Porter" is easily the best film ever,. You haven't lived until you've seen it.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
my 17 month old daughter is OBSESSED with Tangled. She won't let us watch anything but that movie on repeat. and she sits stock still for the whole thing.

and yes...The Sandlot = GREATEST. MOVIE. EVER. IN. HISTORY!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hmmm if your a member of this site then a movie like "the last mimzy" would be great for your kids and for you the amount of esoteric hidings in the movie is staggering.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

underdog
underdog dvd from amazon

rocky and bullwinkle
rocky and bullwinkle on dvd from amazon

groovie goolies
groovie goolies on dvd from amazon

land of the lost 1970's tv show
land of the lost on dvd from amazon

-subfab

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Goonies, Wizard of Oz, Bambi, Home Alone 1/2

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The SAW series
World news, ie; 20/20, 60 minutes, To Catch A Pedophile
Hostel 1 & 2
Shark Attack
Sci-Fi (SyFy) original anything
Spike TV
The local news
Family Guy - Stewie's Big Adventure
The local news
Sorry, that's just what's broadcast on my basic cable to the kids here.... that's not normal?

My point is the the best movie for our kids is life itself. What they peddle to us in movies and television has no positive affect on our, or their lives whatsoever. Hollywood does not CARE about your kids, they are attracted to your kids in a sick way it seems, ask Corey Feldman how they are...

edit on 23-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

ok...but you are aware that there is a genre of entertainment called kid's movies/tv shows, right? shows like blue's clues, yo gabba gabba, bubble guppies, oliva, peppa pig, etc....and movies like tangled, finding nemo, the lion king, the sandlot, a bug's life, the muppet movie, etc?

it is the responsibility of the parent(s) to control what the child watches...no one elses. the govt should not determine what is ok for kids to watch, nor should Hollywood. so, while i appreciate the gist of your post, i think it is out of context of what the OP was asking.

unless you are a parent, you have no idea how difficult it is to entertain a young child. Especially ones from the age of 1 - when they are old enough to play outside unattended.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Only one GOONIES nomination? WTF?!?!

Favorite kids movie other than GOONIES:

Time Bandits
Princess Bride
Clash of the Titans (original version)
Beastmaster
Summer School
Father Goose (classic oldie)
Willy Wonka (Gene blows away Johnny in every scene) depp doesn't have the talent Mr Wilder had in a finger.
Neverending story 1 and 2 (3 was kinda lame)

Oh please help...there was this weird futuristic movie i saw in elem school back around 1980. It was kinda grey, and the kids couldn't go outside cause acid rain.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am so ashamed of myself!!

How could I have left out the first three and best movies ever?

Star Wars!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join