It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Announces Gangs Have Infiltrated Every Branch Of The Military

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Wow that never even touched my mind when i read your post. There trying to defecate on our soldiers now so when # goes down they will have no power.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Where do people think the Los Zeta's got their training and became so successful this a a problem but they know about it and don't try to smear the military for this most gang members are in the late teens and early twenties ideal for military service.

The bad side i see to this is stealing of US Military property and further arming drug cartels since fast and furious and gunwalker were blown wide open.

Seem military is going to be doing a lot of work.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Now they need to demonize them to make us all look like a bunch of gun toting gangsters.

I don't think that has anything to do with this. Gangsters join the military to learn tactics and get access to weapons/etc. I don't think these reports are being made to make all vets look bad at all.

Intended or not, it's a bit of both.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dankety

My point exactly is that this is old news that was cycled again at this time by the corrupt Businessinsider.com site. They timed this rehash in my opinion because there are veterans in the news supporting #OccupyWallStreet so they bring back this old news and rehash it for the purpose in my opinion to make vets look like we are gun toting gangsters, and not the liberty and peace defending American patriots that we really are. It is a tactic of corporatist oppressors to try and defame potential enemies to their corrupt system. I was merely pointing this out for readers of this thread so that the timing of this so called news was understood for what it was.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Gangs of all kinds have been using the military, not only for training, but also to recruit new members for quite a while. The timing of this article is pretty interesting though now that you mention it.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by missvicky

It looks as though once again, history may be repeating itself?

I'm inclined to agree with this report being disturbing. But, I'd like to suggest that history doesn't actually repeat itself, it merely echoes itself. We're probably not doing the exact same things they did in Rome, but we're probably not far away from it either. We still have a chance to turn a lot of our problems around before we end up in a total collapse. And, if we're past that irrevocable moment, then maybe we can at least soften the landing. Some major screening really needs to be done with our military, and we really need to figure out how to deal with the gang problem before they become any more unwieldy than they are now.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe now they'll stop sending the poor to learn how to kill. It's time that the sons and daughters of our Senators and Representatives go fight in the infantry.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

How much less war would be fought if the sons and daughters of the wealthiest .01% (roughly top 30k + income group) were required to send their own first and then when they were used up they could send in the children of the top .1% or roughly the top 360k wage earners in the country. Then when that is not enough blood and treasure spent the top 1% of wage earners or the top 3.6 million wage earners would send theirs.

If war required a draft and this was the law of the land the very rich would make certain that our foreign policy was as peaceful as humanly possible I think.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

they're not talking about veterans. they're talking about gangbangers like ms13 and latin kings. thugs getting military training to then go back to the street and use it in their lives of crime against law abiding citizens.

hopefully they get sent to afghanistan and get blown up by an ied.

thats a thought that makes you sleep well. a vato loco in charge of the armory, with access to hundreds of pounds of c4.

edit on 23-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by missvicky

It looks as though once again, history may be repeating itself?

But, I'd like to suggest that history doesn't actually repeat itself, it merely echoes itself. We're probably not doing the exact same things they did in Rome, but we're probably not far away from it either.

didn't nero burn down rome and blame the Christians. one of first false flag operations. but in the end the senate did it's job, branded nero a traitor and a menace to society and killed him.

every reincarnation of an empire, learns from it's mistakes and gets stronger and more difficult to destroy. america is no different.

they learned that to survive longer, you keep the people happy. just like in rome. you give them sports, entertainment and food.

but there comes a time when the people can no longer watch the same remake or sequel over and over, can't eat another kfc double down and are tired of seeing the yankees in the post season every year.

they start to get restless. they get mad when their homes are taken away by greedy pupils of the government.

they get bitter, filled with rage, when their kids die because some corporate death panel denied health coverage because he needed 8 more hours of work to qualify.

they get angry, when their life savings are "wiped" out every 4 years by a market crash.

then they become murderous when they look at their kids eyes and have to explain why he isn't at work and see the sadness that his kids have to leave their friends behind.

then they revolt.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is what happens when we allow certain groups of people to lobby the government and succeed in doing so.

This is what happens when the bar gets lowered.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
any one else find it odd that they say their are only 1.5 million gang members? Their are 9million people in LA alone.

You feel the number should be higher based off of LA's population alone? 1.5 million is a pretty large number no matter how you cut it.

LA is the "epicenter for gangs" it seems. But even still at less than 250k members here (and in the surrounding areas/counties), I don't see the 1.5 mil number being too far off. But then again I reckon it depends on what we actually classify as "gangs."

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftKoast

Google shows about 30 or so recruiting stations in LA county. Check for yourself. The obvious questions is does the US military recruitment centers have a direct link to the number of gang bangers in the military ranks?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Dont worry about the gang bangalaters, theyll stand with the people....They are from the people and of the people.
Any in the military are getting a whole other perspective as well as training.
Perhaps they will come out a lot different than when they went in......
War has a way of changing those who fight it irrevocably.
membership in any service is much like gang membership really, with the oaths and everything.....
These guys and gals will make fine soldiers sailors and airmen.
Its a way back into society for many of them who never realised what they could accomplish before....they get their sense of worth back.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Full FBI report here.

www.fbi.gov...

Someone put a lot of work into this!

But it just scratches the surface.

Gang activity is like a few whiskers on a huge monster. You could arrest every gang member on the planet, and in a couple weeks, most of them would be "mysteriously" replaced.

Similar to "terrorist groups" gangs are only the most public portion of a huge loose system of criminal activity designed primarily to convince people that they aren't safe. And that's probably the main purpose of this report, too.

Gangs are EFFECTS. I need the FBI looking at CAUSES.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Or maybe..... just maybe, since most `gangsters` have little to no education the military becomes an easy form of employment.

Would you rather be in the hood in a shoot out over some petty drugs and die? Or join the army, obtain food/board/pay as well as get depolyed aboard and get in a shoot out with the army by your side, id always choose the latter.

The fact that they happened to be in gangs just is happenstance for most of the gangsters who join, I highly doubt that these gangs have any "master" plan to subvert the military for there own means.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hasn't the military always sought to recruit the poor? This is no surprise to me. Want to kill another countries children? Who better to recruit than people who have had nothing all their lives, they're already full of anger and easy to manipulate.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join