It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Announces Gangs Have Infiltrated Every Branch Of The Military

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The FBI Announces Gangs Have Infiltrated Every Branch Of The Military

www.businessinsider.com

The FBI has released a new gang assessment announcing that there are 1.4 million gang members in the US, a 40 percent increase since 2009, and that many of these members are getting inside the military (via Stars and Stripes).

The report says the military has seen members from 53 gangs and 100 regions in the U.S. enlist in every branch of the armed forces. Members of every major street gang, some prison gangs, and outlaw motorcycle gangs (OMGs) have been reported on both U.S. and international military installations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This of course to those who watch this kind of stuff find this as no surprise. TPTB find the growing civilian ex-military numbers alarming after more than 50 years of endless war. Now they need to demonize them to make us all look like a bunch of gun toting gangsters. This trend I think will continue as scenes are played of veterans on the front lines of Occupy Wall Street and other major protests. Then groups like veterans for peace can come under attack. I see this as rather suspect in its timing.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Now they need to demonize them to make us all look like a bunch of gun toting gangsters.

I don't think that has anything to do with this. Gangsters join the military to learn tactics and get access to weapons/etc. I don't think these reports are being made to make all vets look bad at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
OMGs ?

Anyway, I hear 'ya, anything they can do to promote more terror

link   

they're not talking about veterans. they're talking about gangbangers like ms13 and latin kings. thugs getting military training to then go back to the street and use it in their lives of crime against law abiding citizens.

link   

Yeah,i knew that 15 years ago when i was in the Army infantry.A lot of the blacks and Mexicans were in gangs.I am a white male and for the first time in my young life i understood what it meant to be the minority.It is very scary

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Vid from 2008.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I always thought the military was like a gang...why not let in gang members, they are the ones letting them in the military no one forces them to...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yeah ...... trying to make people un easy maybe for the upcoming occupy military thingy .......

where theyll be walking about in combat gear "supporting" occupy

where theyve said theyre going to organise different "blouses" for different factions

Red team get in the compound Blue team get in peir 92 ...... now ...... who wants a shower ?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I was in so I know that there were gangs in our ranks. I am saying the timing of this with the attention on these protests with veterans on the front lines and now the same day the veterans for peace in Boston get beat up by police on video this article is released about gangsters in the military.

It is the timing as I said that I find suspect.

edit on 22-10-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

or it has been, and is a real concern that gangbangers are using the military for advanced training to terrorize our fellow citizens. but yeah, it's all about timing

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
any one else find it odd that they say their are only 1.5 million gang members? Their are 9million people in LA alone.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I have no idea where they pulled that number from. I did not see a resource. It would be nice if an article on a news site contained all the sources for the article referenced with hyperlinks to the original source material.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

The image spoke more details of what I am saying than the suspiciously timed article. It basically said Combat Vet- Gun Toting Gangster. That is pretty plain. The article was a rehash of old news and the timing is highly suspect to me. This same rag Business Insider often has derogatory articles on Ron Paul that are pure propaganda pieces. I am looking at this site as establishment propaganda publishing.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

No, No, No everybody. It's just good business management sense to sometimes bring up somebody from "out on the floor" to a higher level of operations so they can gain a greater sense of how the game is played and possibly synthesize their knowledge to make improvements. In this sense lowest level distributors are being allowed to observe in logistics, acquisition, & procurement. Of what you say? Drugs, Weapons, Humans, Diamonds, Gold, etc., etc.........

edit on 22-10-2011 by seedyg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This has always been the case. There were gang members in the service when I was in during the early 2000's. There were gang members in the service when my parents were in in the 70's and 80's.

When the Army and Marine Corps were hurting for recruits and lowered their recruiting standards for this particular cluster of conflicts, there were even more gangbangers signing up than usual. It used to be that you could not join the military if you had a criminal record. These days, you just need a waiver and you are in.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
oh noes.

luckily i'm out of their juristitioon.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
hey lets not dog gang members.
most american gangs have standards and repercussions ,just like the military.most members are trained on the mean streets of america.sounds to me like the perfect recruit for a marine.already hardened against murder,mayhem.trained in organization and stealth.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
the only gangs are the people running the military and the fbi/cia

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

They are not the only gangs they are just the biggest gangs. There is a difference. There are rival gangs as can be seen by bloodshed on every continent in the world at this time with American forces mostly overt some covert killing others in our name in every nation on the planet practically.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join