It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Beat The 1%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have posted to several forums about this, but I think it has been too deep in and most completely miss it. So I thought I would start a thread with this as the topic. Maybe then the message will get out. I know there are others who have said the same thing, but it seems to elude people. So, without further ado, here it is. How we, the people, beat the 1% and get our country back.

Everyone seems to be either pissed off at, or jealous of the 1%. I agree that how they got to where they are was at the expense of the rest of us. We watch them rake in million $$ bonuses after we the tax payer have given them billions of $$ so they don't go under. What most people do not understand is that we have the power to bring them down. We have the power to grind DC to a halt. We have the power to change things and put them right for us and our children. If we don't do it now, it will be something we will regret for the rest of our lives. We will have to explain to our children how we did not pass the torch to them, but let it burn out. Are you comfortable with that? I know I am not.

So, what to do? These 1% figured out how to game the system. They learned the loopholes to advance their monetary gains based on us and our habits. They have perfected the fine art of brainwashing. They know exactly what to do to keep us feeding them. The solution is quite simple. If you want to catch an animal, you need to know what it needs and then offer it when the time is right. The 1% NEED your money. They can't survive without it. If you stop giving it to them, they will panic and lose their power. If they are losing money, guess what? They can no longer afford to buy their politician. Without their bribe money, the politician is now faced with something they have never had to deal with. A public that is pissed off at them, and they can't buy them.

Your money is your weapon. Stop buying the new stuff, and buy used. yard sales, goodwill, craigslist. You get the idea. And to take it further, if a product is not genuinely made in the USA, then don't buy it. I don't care if HP or Dell are US companies, they have moved their support to other countries. If you need a computer, buy a used one. They only get the profits once. And once you start doing this, guess what? Now you have more money left over that will allow you to stop shopping at Walmart, and start shopping at businesses that carry Made in The USA products. In fact, start a trend. Call your local businesses and ask if they carry products made in the USA. Explain to them you are only willing to buy those products from local businesses that carry them. If all of us do that, guess what? They will have to start carrying those products and American companies will once again start hiring to meet the demand.

It's simple economics. Supply and demand. If we demand American made products, they WILL supply them. Once the movement gains momentum, you will see a huge shift in where these 1% put their companies and factories. If we support mom and pop shops, they will reap the rewards, not the 1%. We can bring them to their knees, but it has to be a united effort. It doesn't matter what your reason is for doing it, just do it. Arguing over spreading the wealth, or entitlements will do nothing to help the cause. You must agree that the house of cards must fall. Once it falls, then we can figure out how it is to be rebuilt.

I can only hope that people get the message and start joining a true revolution. This is a revolution that does not require violence. It does not require massive protests. A united front with one goal. A clear message, and a clear path to get there. We will take you down, we will regain control. Our money is our weapon, and we intend to wield it well.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Great idea, the problem is that not enough people are aware yet. The protests are doing a good job of raising awareness but we're not near the majority yet. The other side of the coin also can't be ignored, the corruption in our government. It's well and good to pull the money out through boycotts etc but that will only last as long until we are lulled again. Laws and policy need to be changed so that we don't get the rug sold out from under us, ever again.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yes, you are right. However, even OWS started as an idea. If we control the economy and take the power away from the 1% we can dictate what policy is, not them. The politicians will have no choice but to listen to us.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

And to add to your post.

When people have something that does break, do not necessarily go out and buy a new one. Find someone local that would repair it for you or if you are mechanically inclined, do it yourself. There are times when some things do indeed cost more to fix than to replace, but that will have to be a judgment call on a case by case basis, but purchasing a new one should be the last resort.

Another point to make is that things are designed not to last and the system is based on waste. They count on your 900 dollar washing machine to break as soon as the warranty has expired. Repairing these sorts of items also keeps the money from going right back to the manufacturer, and the bright side is if you shop around you can find some local handyman to undercut the costs of repair that a big company would charge. Also, this will keep your money within your local economy and help out one of your local neighbors as well.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Your plan is flawed. You attack corporation who provide products, services, and goods to the public while employing millions of American as well as countless people around the world all because a hand full of CEO's get multi-million dollar paychecks. Who gave them the money to do that? YOU DID!! They didn't steal it. They didn't come to your house and hold a gun to your head and demand your money. You gave it to them freely. And as for those companies the "WE" bailed out. We didn't give them crap! Your government gave them that money.

You say, stop buying their products. Well then, get off your computer. Give up your televisions, your smart phones, your Starbuck, your Apple products, your car, your clothing, your food, your health care products, your medicine, etc. The list goes on and on and on. You say to buy second hand at yard sales and Goodwill, well, sooner or later, those items will wear out or break and you'll be forced to buy something new, and now-a-days you would be hard pressed to find a product that is 100% made in America, with all 100% American products. I suppose we'll all grow our own food and raise your own cattle as well. Let me know how someone is suppose to do that in a 500 sqft flat in New York.

The point is, all the of these ignorant zombie-like OWS sheep are nothing more than spoiled, lazy, jealous little kids who have no clue what hard work is. They have no idea how to take care of themselves so they expect, they demand, someone else do it for them. Stop attacking the corporations who hire people and keep this economy, this country, and the world moving forward and instead focus your attack at the government. They are the one stealing your money, stuffing it into THEIR pockets, and wasting it on political campaigns designed to keep them in power. They are the enemy. They are the source. The corporations are just playing the game, the Government makes the rules.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

You completely miss the point. These 1% are the ones who control the government. Our voices do not sway them. If it did, Obamacare would never have passed. 65% of Americans were against it. Wall Street runs things, and so does the Fed. Money is what keeps them in power. This has nothing to do with OWS or any other demonstration. Those do nothing but garner headlines.

Once again, you fail to understand how we the people regain our control over government, and want to argue semantics. This is how they keep control over us. I do not advocate entitlements or spreading the wealth. What I do advocate is regaining control of our country, our freedoms, and our constitution. If you do not support doing this, then you are ok with how things are, and that is your choice.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

HAHA!! Damn it, I had a good response all written up, but accidentally deleted it before sending. So the long of the short. The problem is the government, who does what it wants in the face of nearly 70% opposition from the people. The problem is the banks and the Federal Reserve, not companies like Wal-Mart, or Sony, or General Motors. Don't attack them, attack the source.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
occupytheboardroom.org for those of you that feel compelled to email your friendly neighborhood 1%.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Where do you think those entities get their money? From businesses like Walmart, etc. It doesn't just appear from nowhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

The federal reserve makes it's own money and the Banks make money off the interest they charge on the money they loan to these companies, the very same money these companies have trusted the bank to hold for them. Do you suppose these companies should stop dealing with banks, that they should just hord all their profits in a sock stuffed under their mattress. These same companies also have to pay taxes, high taxes, to the government, as do all of us. And what does the governement then do with it? They give it al right back to the banks.

All I'm saying is, you're attacking this problem from the bottom up. Fighting the corporations is only one step up from fighting ourselves, which is exactly what this "1%" wants us to do. The bottom line is, we need to take this straight to the top. Get off of Wall Street, and occupy the front lawn at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Occupy the steps of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

You're exactly right, I am approaching it from the bottom up. That's how you affect change. Just like the old saying, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Yes the Fed prints money. But they don't give it away. If we don't give them ours, then where are they going to get it? They can only borrow so much. By buying used, or bartering, we are supporting ourselves. You can't take down a tree by cutting the top off. You have to cut it off at the bottom, then the tree falls.

Will this hurt citizens? Some, at first. But it's not like we aren't hurting already. Believe me, it wouldn't take long to get their attention. Much faster than OWS will. Cut them off at the knees. The only thing they understand is profit. No profit, they panic.

You advocate demonstrating on the white house lawn. Show me one single demonstration in this country that ever accomplished getting what they were demonstrating for. There is not one case. This is why they care less about OWS or any other demonstration. Action speaks louder than words. Fight with your money now, or your guns later.
edit on 10/21/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Mouthpieces of the 1% like skipping over the truth to muddy the waters .
The federal reserve is a privitely owned company by the 1%.
The MSM is owned by the 1%.
Almost every elected official from your city council member to the president is owned by the 1%.
Which means all appointed positions even the supreme court is owned by the 1%.
Which means the laws and all law enforcement are controlled by the 1%
Which means the 1% control all roadways and waterways and every form of transportation through licenses and permits,they control all businesses including utilitys through regulations and laws
They control every government agency and department, and they control the purse strings to all grants, funding and donation . and last of all they control all rights we think we have.
Did I leave anything out ?

The 1% are playing to win at any cost. G.W. Bush made that quite clear when he said the Constitution is nothing but a god damn piece of paper. Bending and twisting the laws and the truth to obtain what they want means nothing and winning is everything.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The basic problem is the 1% have enough resources to survive what you throw at them while they shed people who are in similarly rough conditions to protect themselves. If every corporation collapsed tomorrow, the rich would still be rich, but the poor would be destitute.

There will always be inequities in wealth so long as people have different talents, abilities, and ideas. I don't have a problem with that or with people having wealth. Corporations exist to make money for their shareholders, and that's fine and proper in my world. What I don't like is that government instead of representing the public interest, serves as their handmaiden.

Getting rid of the 1% is tyranny of a new form. But constraining their influence of government by removing 1) the ability to buy politicians and policies and 2) reducing the government to a size where its actions are regulatory instead of enabling would be a important start toward having a counterweight to serve the interests of the populace as a whole.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

You have to also keep in mind that if we are not buying new, we are not paying taxes. That in turn hits the government right in the teeth. You kill two birds with one stone. The corporations and the government cannot afford for the majority of Americans to be destitute. The whole mess would collapse and they know it. Why do you think they keep trying to pass stimulus packages?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

The supreme court has secured the 1% right to buy influnce with it's ruling on Campaign Contributions.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

The amercan public is too spoiled, apathitic and addicted to stop buying anything for one day less a week or a month. They need that cup of coffee,soda , fast food , new phone , flat screen,new car, new outfit and top off their gas tank now not next month, next week or tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

You are probably right. Everyone wants to complain, but no one lifts a finger to do anything about it. Reminds me of an incident that took place when I lived in NC. A town council was to vote on whether to allow a massive development to be approved. they held public hearings, and 90% of the public was against it. They approved it anyway. The people told them that if they approved it, they would be voted out next election. Guess what? Every single one of them was re-elected. They know we are afraid of change, we hope they get the message and the next time they are re-elected they will act differently. They never do.

I can only do my part. It is up to each and every citizen to do theirs. Do something, anything to affect change. Arguing over how to do it accomplishes nothing. You have to start somewhere. If not now, when? When they are invading your home to check your papers? When they chip your child claiming it is a vaccine? When you can no longer buy or sell without your chip? When? When will you stand up? Your freedoms, your children's future is being ripped from you right in front of your eyes, and yet you want to argue over petty stuff.

Too many posts from unrealistic people like "abolish monetary systems". Yeah, like that's gonna happen. "We need to return to a sustainable world". Really? You actually believe this will happen? In a Utopian society, maybe. Quit fantasizing about some glorious new world where everyone grows roses and sings km-by-ah and start changing the world you live in now, before it is too late.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by amaster

You're exactly right, I am approaching it from the bottom up. That's how you affect change. Just like the old saying, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Yes the Fed prints money. But they don't give it away. If we don't give them ours, then where are they going to get it? They can only borrow so much. By buying used, or bartering, we are supporting ourselves. You can't take down a tree by cutting the top off. You have to cut it off at the bottom, then the tree falls.

What happend when the banks ran out of money? When they gave out too many home loans to people who couldn't pay them back? The government stepped in and gave them money. Where did that money come from? US, the tax payers. The government is on the side of the banks. They are on the side of these institutions which it bails out with our tax dollar. But I guess once the White House said it supports the OWS movement everyone forgot about that. I mean, after all, they are the ones who started it with their all out class warfare.

And for the record, unless you're clear cutting a forrest, you never start cutting a tree down at the trunk, especially one as large as the government. You start at the top cutting off the smaller branches and work your way down to minimize the collateral damage.

Will this hurt citizens? Some, at first. But it's not like we aren't hurting already. Believe me, it wouldn't take long to get their attention. Much faster than OWS will. Cut them off at the knees. The only thing they understand is profit. No profit, they panic.

Wonderful tactic. Attack the corporate wallet and watch the effects trickle down to yours. For the sake of this conversation we'll use Wal-mart as an example since most people like to pick on them anyway. Lets say you organize your community to stop shopping at the local Wal-Mart, a store which employs around 200 workers. However, now that you all no longer shop there the store is forced to close, and those 200 people are now out of a job. Likewise, small buisnesses who depend on Wal-mart to sell their products in your area have lost a large chunk of their profits as well, placing their buisness in jepardy.

Now, the three communities next to yours love your idea and do the same thing, and shut down their local Wal-marts. Now another 600 people are out of work and those small buisness have lost all their customers and are forced to close as well. Not to mention the Wal-mart distribution center for your area now feeling the impact of 4 store closings is forced to lay off half it's work force as well. Now, because of your efforts to stick it to the man, close to 1000 people or more are out of work, buisness have closed, homes lost, and families broken. All the while, the Walton family is still living high on the hog from a buisness their great grand father built from the ground up and they have each had a hand in maintaining. But I suppose they need to be punished for that.

Multiply that senario by the hundreds or thousands of corporations under fire right now and watch the global economy fall into ruin. How do you propose to fix it? When all these rich fat cat that you target run out of money, when their business are all closed, where will the money that you demand come from? You think the government should provide for you? You think you can just sit on your front porch and wait for your check? Oh, thats right, we'll just shop at yard sales, and second hand stores, barter good for services, grow all our own food and live in one big happy uptopic society sucking on unicorn milk and rainbow dust!

You advocate demonstrating on the white house lawn. Show me one single demonstration in this country that ever accomplished getting what they were demonstrating for. There is not one case. This is why they care less about OWS or any other demonstration. Action speaks louder than words. Fight with your money now, or your guns later.
edit on 10/21/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

Occupy the White House lawn, and kick Obama and all his communist buddies out of our house! My guns are ready and loaded.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There are many trolls on iternet sites some just like to antagonize, others are payed to help to promote the status quo, to maintain the current way of life, others are afraid to change and then there are those who really believe that the way we live is the only way we can live.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

You are right. I guess by now I should recognize who they are. They profess to not like the current situation, but every time someone offers a solution to the problem, there are a million excuses why it won't work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join