It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our 5 Sonship Rights!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
By the grace of God, the spirit filled/born again Christian is who he is by the only begotten son of the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. The one who becomes a child of the living God, Jehovah is the one who is born again with holy spirit. The gift of God is holy and it is spirit, thus the Christian is born from above with the holy spirit, sent down to man by the Lord Jesus Christ himself after his ascension to the Father after being raised from the dead.

By the way, the word "man" being used here is an all inclusive noun meaning mankind which includes women is the intent when the word is utilized.

To continue then, so, it is by God's grace (undeserved merit) that the believer's standing with the Father is one of Sonship. The state of my relationship with my Father, God may fluxuate. My fellowship with the Father may fluxuate from day to day. There is a difference between standing and state. The relationship between my Father and I depends on whether I obey or disobey my Fathers commands.

Again, my state, my fellowship may fluxuate from moment to moment. My standing however is, I will always be my Fathers son. It is just like in the natural sense as long as I am alive and have blood flowing through my veins, I will always have my natural fathers seed living in me. As long as my blood flows my Father cannot deny that I am his son. He may say, you are not my son but, he cannot deny the blood relationship.

The believer is given promises of eternal life. The Word of God declares to the believer in Christ that "You are sealed with the holy spirit." Once a man is born again there are certain rights given to the believer. They are what is referred to as Sonship Rights. These are great and precious promises given to the one who has confessed with the mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord believing in their heart that God has raised him from the dead, for with the mouth confession is made unto salvation and with the heart man believes unto righteousness.

Sonship Right #1 The believer is Redeemed. Bought back to the Father by the price of blood.

Sonship Right #2 The believer is Justified. Being cleansed of sin by the blood just as if the believer has done no wrong

Sonship Right #3 The believer is Sanctified. To make holy, purify or consecrated for the Fathers business.

Sonship Right #4 The believer is made righteous. Made right by the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Sonship Right #5 The believer has been given the Ministry of Reconciliation, to speak the Word of God so that others may hear and believe and be reconciled/made right before God.

Speaking of myself, I wish I always did everything right, but I know I blow it many times. Sometimes I don't feel redeemed, justified, sanctified or righteous. But, I know God loves me and the Word of God declares, "I will never leave you or forsake you. As a son of God, The Word declares that I have been made right with God by my confession and believing in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and he is now seated in heaven at the right hand of his Father.

Don't know if anything else needs be said other than this, in the natural sense, we are given certain sonship rights passed down from our Fathers. In the spiritual sense the same is true. We have certain sonship rights passed down from our Father in heaven,sent to us by the living Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Sonship Right #2 The believer is Justified. Being cleansed of sin by the blood just as if the believer has done no wrong

Incorrect...

"Believers" can still harm... and kill... and steal etc etc...

Please define "The believer"

Sonship Right #4 The believer is made righteous. Made right by the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Incorrect...

Believers can still be unrighteous... please refer to the above statement...

Sonship Right #5 The believer has been given the Ministry of Reconciliation, to speak the Word of God so that others may hear and believe and be reconciled/made right before God.

Define "the word of God"

If you consider the "entire bible" to be the word of God... Im sorry you are wrong

But, I know God loves me and the Word of God declares, "I will never leave you or forsake you.

Correct!

The Word declares that I have been made right with God by my confession and believing in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and he is now seated in heaven at the right hand of his Father

Reference please

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why is it you need references, you already have decided I'm wrong. I am not redeemed, justified, sanctified or made righteous by my own works but by the work Jesus Christ did for me by going to the cross and dieing for me. He has made me to be righteous, right with God, because he is righteous and always did his Father's Will.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
reply to post by Akragon

Why is it you need references, you already have decided I'm wrong. I am not redeemed, justified, sanctified or made righteous by my own works but by the work Jesus Christ did for me by going to the cross and dieing for me. He has made me to be righteous, right with God, because he is righteous and always did his Father's Will.

Incorrect man.... geeez

I was not refering to you... i do not know you, nor would i make such assumptions of you..

I was speaking of your statements, they are false truths... which i am forced to clairify

Please try not to assume... because as they say...

When you assume you only make an ASS out of U not ME

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I think this needs some explanation. Is this your interpretation of the Bible, or a manifesto for a new cult, or what? I seriously don't know what to make of this, it was extremely difficult to follow. Sorry, title caught my interest, but I can't make heads or tails of your post.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

But, it's not a free pass to still do whatever with. Father can turn you over to below for a while to grab your attention, among other less desirable things.

Also, akragon wasn't directing it to you as a person. You have to understand, many come here searching for answers. Most of what he has written is for others who look at your post and think, ok free ride. All I have to do is believe and I can still live my life doing bad. It doesn't work like that, believing has to be backed with action, otherwise your not truly believing.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

To continue then, so, it is by God's grace (undeserved merit) that the believer's standing with the Father is one of Sonship.
This would hold up only if you understand Merit as meaning Value, otherwise it would be a contradiction of terms. You could say that previous to Jesus' sacrificial death, we had no value, but after that, we do have value but not because we became better but because of the worth of Jesus, who stands as our representative.
There is no lexicon that would support any definition other than that one example, using those two words together, Undeserved, and Merit, as being an acceptable understanding of the New Testament term, Grace.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I beg to differ, but it was an attack by Akragon. And, I quote, "You Are Wrong!" is the exact phrase he/she used. And, I never said anything about a free pass after salvation.

I posted this in the Religion, Faith and Theology section. I don't need someone to jump on this out of the gate and grade me like I was in kindergarden. This thread is referencing spiritual matters. In the spiritual sense, we, the believer in Christ, are already seated in the heavenlies with him.

I know this must be hard to understand to the natural man, nonetheless it is still truth.

The Word of God, The Holy Bible, is God's Will. It is The Word of God from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21.
I know many do not believe that the Holy Bible is God's Word. I happen to believe it is. But, keep your red ink to yourself as you grade my work. I mean no disrespect.

So, don't disrespect me!

"KNOWING THIS FIRST, that no prophecy of the scripture (Genesis to Revelation) is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20,21) The following is not necessarily in any order.

Sonship Right #1 Redeemed, "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But, with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." (1 Peter 1:18,19)

Sonship Right #2 and #3 Justified, AND Sanctified, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11)

Sonship Right #4 Righteousness, "For if by one man's (Adam) offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17)
"That if thou shalt confess with the mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9,10)

Sonship Right #5 Ministry of Reconciliation, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature (creation); old things are passed away; behold all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5:17-21)

Not sure if Akragon will notice this reply to you jhill since he required references and since you have run to his defense you might direct him/her here.

Why do any of us feel the need to have others see us as being all that? I'm not anyones student and I am very wary about those who know it all! Or, who are quick to give correction! What, do they have plaques on the wall declaring themselves as being "EXPERT"?

Sorry for being touchy!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

It was not an attack my friend, it was simply a correction...

You can believe whatever you will...

When a parent tells their child not to play with fire while he has a lighter in his hand, is that also an attack?

I will get to your last post after work... i do not have time at this moment

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I do not receive your correction, sorry! You are not my parent and I am not your child. When you say to me in this thread, "You are wrong," and expect me to receive your analysis regarding the content of which I served, why should I or anyone else for that matter trust you. I don't know you and honestly I don't know if I would ever want to.

As long as you build yourself up and look good to yourself and at the same time make others appear ignorant, I doubt I could be your friend, friend.

I would hope that you receive this as a correction. Don't be so quick to be right! And, I really don't appreciate being called an ASS. All that does is create hostility. And, it only shows just how far one would go in belittling others.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Sorry for any confusion. Hope some of the following posts has some clarifiction.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You wrote:

["Sonship Right #5 The believer has been given the Ministry of Reconciliation, to speak the Word of God so that others may hear and believe and be reconciled/made right before God."]

This is a self-proclaimed right, falling in the category of ideological fascism, ...... where most extremist christian missionaries historically have had great problems understanding the difference between pushing and offering.

Not to mention the almost total ignorance of 'faith vs. facts', 'subjectivity vs. objectivity', political/societal philosophy and truth/reality-seeking methodologies (which ALSO include 'direct experiences', as e.g. 'holy spirits' etc, from other religions.)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You are correct. God's grace is better interpreted as being, undeserved favor. "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:15-21)

That is what I call Grace, to receive salvation when we don't deserve it.

"Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalms 30:4,5)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And, how shall they preach except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidingsof good things.
But they have not all obeyed the gospel, for Esaias (Isaiah) saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
SO THEN FAITH COMETH BY HEARING, AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD." (Romans 10:13-17)

I know, seems foolish of God to use the means of speech to make a declaration that salvation is available to whosoever. And, done so by the gift called the Ministry of Reconciliation. God however, takes the foolish things of this world, foolish things like me to confound the wise. Make no mistake, God is the one who ordained the Ministry of Reconciliation and He did so by way of His only begotten Son.

Every person born into this world has the death sentence upon their heads. Instead of criticizing the method of which The Almighty saves us from eternal separation, we should be thanking Him.

I personally am not going to shove the Word of God down anyones throat. I have been given the Ministry of Reconciliation. My desire is to see souls saved. God is not going to force His will on anyone. When I share the truth with others, I do so not to force them to believe anything. But, I share what I believe because of the love of God dwelling in me. Why do I share what I share? It is because I don't want to go to heaven alone. I want others to be a part of the family of God.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It is The Word of God from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21.

This is not true. Father himself will tell you otherwise, that is fact.

I beg to differ, but it was an attack by Akragon. And, I quote, "You Are Wrong!" is the exact phrase he/she used.

What he state is truth though. Some believe here, and some know. If he stated an error, you can be sure I will correct him or anyone else for that matter.

And, I never said anything about a free pass after salvation.

Some might get that from your OP.

I know this must be hard to understand to the natural man, nonetheless it is still truth.

You must not know me.

I know many do not believe that the Holy Bible is God's Word. I happen to believe it is. But, keep your red ink to yourself as you grade my work. I mean no disrespect.

The Bible is not 100% accurate, this is pure truth. I am by no means discounting the bible, but, it is filled with errors.

Why do any of us feel the need to have others see us as being all that? I'm not anyones student and I am very wary about those who know it all! Or, who are quick to give correction! What, do they have plaques on the wall declaring themselves as being "EXPERT"?

I have no emotion on how others perceive me. You should look at my other posts. I state things because I know, not because I believe, this is a major difference. But, if you are going to make a post, someone else might become your student, and you shouldn't become so defensive to correction, how will you ever learn as a teacher?

edit on 21-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You wrote:

["I know, seems foolish of God to use the means of speech to make a declaration that salvation is available to whosoever."]

Your self-containing and self-affirming premises are only valid for you. For me it's gibberish.

Quote: ["And, done so by the gift called the Ministry of Reconciliation."]

All missionary ideological fascists have their own version of elitist 'privileges' giving them special 'rights'.

Quote: [" God however, takes the foolish things of this world, foolish things like me to confound the wise. Make no mistake, God is the one who ordained the Ministry of Reconciliation and He did so by way of His only begotten Son."]

Only according to your circular argumentation based on your mythological manual.

Quote: ["Every person born into this world has the death sentence upon their heads."]

True....and from that you can 'reason' forth a specific 'god'. How?

Quote: ["Instead of criticizing the method of which The Almighty saves us from eternal separation, we should be thanking Him."]

You already have your own bizarre 'answer' and correspondingly irrational methodology(ies) constructed to support this answer. It's your subjective speculations unjustifiably promoted to 'truth'.

Quote: ["I personally am not going to shove the Word of God down anyones throat."]

A bit late for that. But maybe you in the future can adjust your presentation, language, argumentation and disregard of logic/rational reasoning, so as to make it clear, that you only are OFFERING subjective opinions.

Quote: ["I have been given the Ministry of Reconciliation."]

By pressing the 'replay'-button of the basic christian sermon mankind already has heard un-numbered times?

Quote: ["My desire is to see souls saved."]

Maybe the alleged 'souls' in question would like to make their own choices without repetitive and invasive propaganda.

Quote: ["God is not going to force His will on anyone."]

So you have rejected the black pretender-god from OT?

Quote: [" When I share the truth with others,....."]

You mean, what you in your blind faith believe is 'truth'.

Quote continued: [".......I do so not to force them to believe anything."]

This is self-contradictory. If you claim a 'truth', the whole situation is made up on your conditions.

Quote: ["But, I share what I believe because of the love of God dwelling in me."]

There are several (bible-relating) contributors to this forum from whom such a statement rings honest. Individuals I both trust, like and respect in spite of my own non-believer position. I do not count you amongst them.

Quote: ["Why do I share what I share? It is because I don't want to go to heaven alone. I want others to be a part of the family of God."]

My commendation for such honesty. Usually christian missionaries dish out the inverse version of this in the form of christian pop-psychology...the absurdity, that non-belivers 'are insecure' which leads them to question circle-arguments and self-proclaimed authority.

edit on 21-10-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So, don't disrespect me!

"KNOWING THIS FIRST, that no prophecy of the scripture (Genesis to Revelation) is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20,21)
[color=DarkSlateGray]..Are you claiming orthodoxy so that your claims are rendered unassailable? When the Church fabricated books by Apostles after they were dead, they did it for a reason. You can see what their reason was, by looking at how you are using this quote from 2 Peter.

(as I’ve indicated, almost no one thinks he wrote 2 Peter)
[color=DarkSlateGray]..Ehrman, Bart D. (2011-03-22). Forged: Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are (p. 76). HarperCollins
[color=DarkSlateGray]..The idea that all religious writing should be taken as inspired by God is not supported by the books of the New Testament which are not in dispute over their authenticity.
[color=DarkSlateGray]..Also the same thing applies with the idea of there being an officialdom which decides what is the proper interpretation. This is only supported by books produced in the age of the Church, after the age of the Apostles.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The state of my relationship with my Father, God may fluxuate. My fellowship with the Father may fluxuate from day to day. There is a difference between standing and state. The relationship between my Father and I depends on whether I obey or disobey my Fathers commands.
There is a verse that discusses the father/sons relationship with the Lord Pantokratōr.
2 Corinthians 6:18
". . .and I will be a father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters", says the All-Powerful Lord.

There are two You's in the sentence and they are both plural. Paul was describing his own version of communitarianism, where we as a group stand or fall before God.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I do not receive your correction, sorry! You are not my parent and I am not your child. When you say to me in this thread, "You are wrong," and expect me to receive your analysis regarding the content of which I served, why should I or anyone else for that matter trust you. I don't know you and honestly I don't know if I would ever want to.

As long as you build yourself up and look good to yourself and at the same time make others appear ignorant, I doubt I could be your friend, friend.

I would hope that you receive this as a correction. Don't be so quick to be right! And, I really don't appreciate being called an ASS. All that does is create hostility. And, it only shows just how far one would go in belittling others.

You do not have to "recieve" my correction, and honestly i don't care if you do...

Nor do i ask anyone to follow me, or trust what i say for that matter... And i did not call you an ass either. It was simply a saying i use for those who assume things...

If you chose to be blind to your own book so be it, again it is my place to correct, but i do not teach... so take my correction as you will... If you don't see the error, others may... in which case the correction was for them.

You can jump down my throat or assume i was attacking you, it honestly doesn't matter to me in the least... If i see a mistake, i will post a correction. And as Jhill stated, its not my belief, its what i know to be true.

Sorry you feel that you can't be friends with one who attempts to correct a flaw in your post, clearly humility isn't your strong suit... but again, so be it.

top topics

join