It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every thing I eat tasts spoiled, help.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
For the lat few days every thing I eat tastes spoiled. I have gone through 3 different containers of freshly bought milk, all taste sour. Fresh fruit tastes moldy or vinegary and and meat tastes rancid. I thought it might be my fridge so I tossed everything and did a through cleaning with vinegar and baking soda. I went grocery shopping just a few hours ago so everything is fresh, but everything still tastes bad.
Here is the real kicker. Chocolate that I just bought has an underlying taste of sour milk.

I am not sick, and I take plenty of Vit.D and Vit.C.

Has any one else had this happen to them?

The only other thing I can thing of is that I can't seem to get enough to drink but that's not new. It's a good thing that water doesn't taste bad.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
are you male or female

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Your body is necromorphisizing. Like that new word? I made it up myself. I don't know what it means though. One step at a time.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
go to the doctor right away...it could be serious. i have heard of similar descriptions from people with brain tumors. seriously, at least call your doctor... soon

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am female. I highly doubt I have a brain tumor, but my dr. is booked out for the next two weeks.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Have you been doing an internal cleanse/Detox?

OR

Reaction to Pine Nuts? Pregnant?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You are pregnant.
That's my guess.

Either that, or you have a mold spore infection colonizing your sinus cavities and should probably get a neti pot to see if that helps, even if you don't feel any other effects.
Smell and sinus cavities have a huge effect on taste.

Thirdly, it could be a tumor.
If you're not pregnant, and a neti pot doesn't help you, then go see a doctor. Get your head scanned.

Edit: this was written and being posted before you said anything about being female.

edit on 20-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Tumor that will detach itself, and come out on its own in 9 months..

Pregnant..^^^ needed 2nd line.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It could be a n endocrine imbalance. Acid/Alkaline imbalance.

Hope it's nothing serious. Usually isn't. But check it out.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have done sinus cleanses in the past due to past sinus issues, so I will definitely try that.
The chances of me being pregnant are pretty small. 3 kids are enough for me so I am very careful.
Here is to hoping that it's a sinus thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I would make an appointment to see your doctor.

Ask him about it. It could be endocrine related. Hypothyroid/Menopause. Stress.

Let us know how you get on.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Thank you, I plan on doing that.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
How's your sense of smell? I had a similar experience accompanied by a slightly sweet weird smell.
Turned out I had a sinus infection from swimming in the ocean. There wasn't any other symptom, no fever, no swelling, etc. Check into it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Have you been doing an internal cleanse/Detox?

OR

Reaction to Pine Nuts? Pregnant?

Haha I found those Answer.com links too, didn't think they sounded too realistic - I've had a very bitter/sour taste in my mouth in the past, everything tasted like it was acidic - I was thinking more along the lines of the alkalinity of the OP's blood, but having no answer I didn't bother.

But pine nuts, pregnancy, could be - or it could be an over consumption of a supplement.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You might want to get someone else to taste this to see if it is your taste buds or not. If no one else can confirm this, then i think you should really get it checked with a professional, as this could be caused from anything from neurological issue, infection or even brain tumour.

It really sounds odd that even chocolate taste spoiled, as those are very edible even long after expiration date.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I am female. I highly doubt I have a brain tumor, but my dr. is booked out for the next two weeks.

You dont know that, as this is actually one of the symptoms of brain tumors. It can cause a wide range of symptoms including change of smell or taste depending on where it is located.
You really should get it checked as soon as possible just to be sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Did you recently eat pinenuts?
Like in a salad.

It's a chef's worst nightmare: to wake up one morning to find that food has lost its flavor -- that every morsel to cross your lips tastes bitter, metallic, and inedible

abcnews.go.com...

My wife had it.Pinemouth.
Just wondering and hope things get better for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I agree, could be over suppliment.

I'm a Clinical Aromatherapist. I didn't google. LOL.

Firtst thing I would be doing, after ruling out diet and lifestyle. would be to get my thyroid checked out.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
highly doubt her blood is too alkaline with the way people eat now a days.
would be interesting to know your diet though . . .

if anything it could be too acidic
edit on 20-10-2011 by wlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You could be suffering from a Candida infection. I would try rinsing your mouth out with natural apple cider vinegar a few times a day, plus drink a few tablespoons daily in water on an empty stomach, preferably first thing in the morning. It has to be the natural kind with the "mother" in it, not the filtered pasteurized stuff from the grocery store. You can find it at a natural health food store. As a bonus, it helps you to lose weight, and if you're coming down with a cold, it will kill the cold virus in your throat. It works, I use it faithfully every cold and flu season.

Candida thrives on sugars, cheeses, beer, bread, and other things that are yeasty. Stay away from those, too. It also wouldn't hurt to get your teeth cleaned by a professional.

This is a cheap and easy fix. If it doesn't work, see your doctor!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join