It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well How About That? Local Occupy Des Moines Will Protest Obama!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have heard a lot of people on this website claiming that the OWS movement and local protests are nothing more than Obama's drones doing the will of Obama himself. After asking for facts to back up such a claim, all requested fall short.

Well now it seems as though my local brothers have decided that since they have marched on the banks last week (the money), they are now going to march on Obama headquarters (the power) this Saturday at 10am!

Saturday - 10am march on Obama HQ

I would just like to see what many of you naysayers have to say now. Did Obama set this up to throw people off of the trail? Was this just a ploy by the Nazi Communist party?

The Occupy movement is beggining to do exactly what many would say they would not. It seems to me that this movement will prove in time that they have no ties to the partisan groups many people claim.

OccupyDSM

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Finally! I knew they weren't all liberals!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I never thought they were for Obama.

But the fact that Obama is latching on to them like a leech for votes is simply pathetic.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

It is pathetic. My statement was pointed towards those who claimed OWS was another arm of the Obama campaign.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
A movement, against the powers that be. Does not matter who, or what they believe in, You fight the people who are wrong, or who have done wrong. Obama has done wrong. Big business has done wrong. The fed has done wrong. The banks have done wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Unwittingly, it could be.

Obama is gonna latch onto OWS as tight as he can and use it as a political tool whether OWS wants it or not.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Kinda like Palin and the Tea Party?

I'm curious, and my memory is horrible, but how did they feel about that initially?

Anywho, hope to see this catch on, and not just towards Obama, but all of em'.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Who Palin?

Well..I'm not sure since I didn't poll my local Tea Party on Palin. But the many conversations I did have with them she wasn't exactly favored as a candidate.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It also looks as though the Republicans are changing their tone as well towards OWS.

Obama may not be the only one latching onto this movement.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Establishment republicans are eager to latch on to anything and anyone that will garner them just one more vote.

It's just as pathetic. They need to kiss up to who ever will listen because their seats are just as vulnerable to Tea party challenges as are dem seats. John Boehner is being challenged for his seat by a Tea Party candidate next election.

I'm not counting in OWS challenges as they don't seem to be organized enough to do anything but scream at Wall St.
edit on 20-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Juston

Who Palin?

Well..I'm not sure since I didn't poll my local Tea Party on Palin. But the many conversations I did have with them she wasn't exactly favored as a candidate.

That's sort of his point. The majority of the Tea Party didn't dig on Palin but the media sure liked to paint it that way. Just because certain special interests are trying to ride OSW coat tails means nothing and you just made it clear that you understand and even sympathize with that.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I think a lot of Tea Partiers DID like Palin...As a personality. Not as a candidate.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
~

Even here in Canada we are behind Ron Paul !
Check out the picts I took at the
Toronto Ron Paul Revolution

~

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Ok that's just hilarious.

Canada loves Ron Paul...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You're right. OWS will not put up any candidates for election. They are not a political party. The TP is. Its sad though that the TP had to be taken over nationally by the Reps.
edit on 20-10-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I personally believe it's the other way around.

With all the challenges made to republican seats by TP candidates in 2010 the republicans who wanted to keep their seats had to start playing ball with the TP. Not the other way around. I think if OWS followed a similar path it would get a lot more done.

edit on 20-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Palin and others just latched on to the Tea Party and hijacked it for attention. Few conservatives even recognize that it was a movement started by Ron Paul supporters, and that's pathetic.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Let's hope that the Occupy movement will move onto protesting Obama and Congress and not be sucked into the political ring by political hacks and zelots.

Sadly, that is where OWS and the TP differ.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

How do you propose changing the system if one is not willing to use the system?

All I hear from OWS people is "tear it all down". Which if anyone reads history, is a good way to give the Napoleon's and Hitlers of the world their shot at being dictators.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I have only heard a small minority say that we need to trash the system. They are wrong.

We need to revert back to what our republic was designed for. Our current system is just a shell of what it should be.

The road we are on now would take us to the facsist regime like Hitler and the like. Tearing down the system would not even come close. History shows that when the state's purpose serves the military, the corporation or the leader, we see the Hitlers rise to power.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join