It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Teen Charged in "Jihad Jane" Terror Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

A Maryland teenager has been indicted on federal terrorism charges that accuse him of helping the American terror suspect dubbed "Jihad Jane" with her plot to kill a Swedish artist. Mohammad Hassan Khalid, a legal immigrant from Pakistan who turned 18 this month, allegedly helped recruit women with passports to further the plot of Colleen LaRose of Pennsylvania and others.

The indictment released Thursday also names Ali Charaf Damache, 46, an Algerian who lived in Ireland and married another suspect in the case, Jamie Paulin-Ramirez of Colorado. Paulin-Ramirez pleaded guilty to providing material support to terrorists, the same charge now facing Khalid.

Khalid met LaRose in an online chat room in 2009, when he was 15, according to the indictment and a person close to his family. He allegedly solicited money for her online and circulated a questionnaire to at least one woman asking about "her beliefs and intentions with regard to jihad," and if she had a European passport, according to the indictments.

In soliciting funds, he pledged to forward money to LaRose, for her to pass on to the jihadists, authorities say. "I know the sister and by Allah, all money will be transferred to her. The sister will then transfer the money to the brother via a method that I will not disclose," he wrote in July 2009, according to the LaRose indictment.

I think we're going to see more of this type of thing. Kind of a gut feeling. The same "lost" type of child/teen/young adult that could be attracted to a cult, could also be attracted to Jihad, or any type of religious extremism.

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I can't believe not a single person was interested in this.

Oh well. Next time I'll post about reptilians. Sure that'll get a response or 50.

join