It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds Weirdest & Wackiest Inventions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have really enjoyed doing the World’s most weirdest series for everyone and have been pleased by the response and enjoyment others have taken from it, far be it just to stop I have been hunting for another addition to this series that people would enjoy I don’t know if this one will top any of the others but it was fun to do, may I introduce the 5th installment ‘The worlds Weirdest & Wackiest Inventions’

Here are the previous 4 installments in case you haven’t seen them:
Clips & Pictures of the worlds weirdest creatures
Some of the world’s most Alien & Beautiful Landscapes
The world’s most Amazing Phenomena's
The worlds weirdest statues

Electromechanical teenager repellant

I actually remember reading about this one a while ago being tested outside a shop that was a hangout for kids; it was invented by Howard Stapleton (Merthyr Tydfil, Wales). It is basically a device that makes annoying high-pitched noise designed to be audible to teenagers but not to adults, nicknamed the ‘mosquito’. Its aim was basically to deterrent aims to solve the problem of unwanted gatherings of youths and teenagers in shopping malls, around shops and anywhere else they are causing problems, claiming to be "the most effective tool in our fight against anti social behavior". Funnily enough this technology was used to also create ringtones for teenagers that are audible only to them but perhaps not there teachers.

Anti-Loitering Devices

Anti-flatulence Underwear

This one was makes me LOL and
at the same time haha

My hubby needs a pair of these haha, these were invented by Buck Weimer (colarado), and bears the slogan of "Wear them for the ones you love" *s'n-word'*, it is advertised as airtight underwear with a replaceable charcoal filter that removes bad-smelling gases before they escape.

Product site

Automobile burglar alarm consisting of a detection circuit and a flamethrower

well what can I say lol, the inventers were Charl Fourie and Michelle Wong (Johannesburg, South Africa). It is basically a car alarm that has a detection circuit and an attached flamethrower; these are ment to deter carjacking which are pretty serious business in south Africa. When a carjacking occurs, the driver steps on an additional pedal next to accelerator and flames erupt from outer sides of both front doors, "neutralizing" the assailant. The inventors claim that it is unlikely to kill but it can blind an assailant. Apparently South Africa, it is legal to use lethal force in self-defense if in fear of ones life, and ownership of flamethrowers is unrestricted.

CNN Article

Pegasus Grand Piano

This must be the coolest piano ever! According to This site here

A collaboration between Italian designer Luigi "Allergic to Straight Lines" Colani and German piano-makers Schimmel in the late 1990s, the Pegasus grand piano looks like something you'd see on a Star Trek set.
Updates to the classic form include a slightly curved, ergonomic keyboard (eliminating any need for the player to move their body), an electrically-controlled hydraulic lid (to control projection) and a fully adjustable integrated leather stool. With over 200 strings under a total tension of 176,520 newtons and a key assembly with over 100 pieces (both standard to Schimmels), it's clearly a world-class instrument. In fact, only 14 were ever made

Chinese wash basin

Now we know there are all shapes and sizes and even colours when it comes to wash basins, but nothing like these ones shows above. Bet you any money you like a few men have tried having a little bit of fun.
Source

The ‘Please Don’t Smoke’ Ashtray

Patent : GB2251542 Date : 1992, Inventor: Chung Wan Ping
Well what can I say lol this ashtray apparently talks to you and reminds you with a pleasant message that ‘smoking can damage your health.’. hmm lol

The Incy-Wincy Spider Liberator

Patent : GB2272154 Date : 1994
Inventor: Doughney Edward Thomas Patrick
Ok …well… this is basically a ladder for spiders to be able to climb OUT the bath when they fall in
uh huh lol

The Male Chastity Belt

Patent : 875845 Date : 1907
Inventor: E. E. Perkins
I need to get me one of these
lol do ireally have to explain what this is for??
lol

The toilet roll hat

Words defy me and I think the picture really says it all lol,

The roll out zebra crossing

With the role up zebra crossing you will be able to cross the street anywhere you like.

The Talking Lips

Not your ordinary speakers, these "Talking Lips" actually have moving lips that synchronize with your mobile phone or online chat conversations (Skype, etc.). They come in three different colors (silver/black/red) and connect to your phone or computer via USB.

The privacy scarf

Well if you like to look stupid this is the thing for you
, Developed by Joe Malia, this "Techno Privacy Scarf" supposedly protects your privacy when using portable devices in public areas -- or at home.

The boyfriend arm pillow

Is your man out of town? This torso-inspired novelty pillowshould help you sleep. And you can actually buy one of these
Watch the trailer

Baby Hand Pillows

This actually creeps me out a bit
but I suppose it could be a decent comfort thing?

Watch the videos

The Wine Rack Bra

Nice invention for all the wino’s out there I guess lol, It's a cup-size-boosting bra. It's a wine rack. This portable device ensures you will never be thirsty again, although maybe a little hungover.

Watch how it works

The pet washing machine

Yup that’s right, it’s a washing machine to clean ur pets
, Marketed as a machine for dogs and cats, this pet-cleaning machine leaves an unanswered question: whether the clean pets are permanently traumatized. Whatever happened to just bathing your pets?? Lol

Videos of this machine working

continued below
edit on 20/10/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
To round of the thread here is a show case of weird and wacky inventions photos hope you have liked the thread.

Thank you all for reading

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yet again, awesome thread, it's amazing some of the things practical and un-practical that the human mind can conceive.

And I have to get myself one of those knife holder's.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I like that staircase drawer idea, I think I'll incorperate that into my next house.

The duct fan flyer though will have to wait until I win the lotto.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here to pwn your jetpack with a different one.

www.youtube.com...

I'd call him Rocket Man, if he didnt blatantly have enormous balls of steel !

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Dont forget the wacky inventions of Arthur Paul Pedrick

like his PHOTON PUSH-PULL RADIATION DETECTOR FOR USE IN CHROMATICALLY SELECTIVE CAT FLAP CONTROL AND 1000 MEGATON EARTH-ORBITAL PEACE-KEEPING BOMB

The idea was to detect the difference in fur colour between a ginger cat and a black cat. He came up with this idea because a black cat named "Blackie" from next door kept trying to steal his own cat's food. However, with Pedrick's new catflap design, if Blackie attempted to use the cat-flap he would not be allowed in. Ginger was impressed with the idea, and further suggested that the concept could be applied as a nuclear deterrent. Ginger's concern over the Cold War and the nuclear arsenals threatening the world was a regular motivator for Pedrick's inventions.

or his Arrangements for the transfer of fresh water from one location on the earth's surface to another at a different latitude, for the purpose of irrigation, with pumping energy derived from the effect of the earth's rotation about the polar axis

In this patent, Pedrick describes in extremely long detail, with pages of mathematical equations, how snow and ice could be passed along pipelines from the Antarctic to irrigate the dry Australian outback, creating a "granary of the East" that could feed the burgeoning population of the world. Since the flow of water from one region to the other through such pipelines would not be practicable, according to Pedrick, the suggestion is to instead compress the snow into hard balls that could be fired along these pipelines as projectiles.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I like that staircase drawer idea, I think I'll incorperate that into my next house.

The duct fan flyer though will have to wait until I win the lotto.
As will the Star Trek Piano.

But I like the staircase drawer too, it looks very practical.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I soo want the toilet paper/ipod port.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
dare i admit this...?

yes i dare!

i actually have on of these:

lol, except it's not specifically for the ipod

awesome thread!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
wow, that stair/drawer idea is pretty ingenious. that would be really helpful for a lot of people, especially places with extreme over population.

hands down, the funniest thing is the Chinese wash basin though. that one gave me a good laugh

edit on 10/20/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you get one of those, I'll go out with you, lol:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I really like that ipod stereo toilet paper thing its pretty smart and I like those stairs that are storage that is a really good idea... if only i had stairs... :0

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm in my 30's and apparently I can here the annoying teenage buzz sound.
This would drive me crazy

it makes me wince and sounds like an ultrasonic dentist drill
edit on 20-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

I heard it! 36!

maybe I'm not as old as I look!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Dam that is annoying and I'm 35, My kids come running out of their rooms asking what on earth is going on as I played that at full volume.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
30 and that hurts my ears worse than a dog whistle

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Haha what is with that wash basin as well as the private scarf thingy

You know what the majority of this thread has given me a laugh heh

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I too heard that and it made my fillings tingle.
I wonder why some adults can hear it while others cannot. I played it with someone else in the room and he was looking at me like I was crazy because that sound cut right through my head but he didn't hear a thing..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

So many people with too much time on their hands and creativity takes a lot of wrong turns.

I'm over 60 and could hear that mosquito sound. Had the volume turned up and it still wasn't very loud (for me) but I definitely could hear it so it seems I haven't quite yet worn my ears out. The younger generation with painfully loud ipod headphones grafted onto their ears almost permanently may not fare as well though.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Great thread. Here is my favorite weird, wacky and completely useless invention:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join