It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Seniors and Disabled Finally You Get Your Cola.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by neo96

Lol. Dude i'm 32 and i'm going to have to work till i die. There won't be any retiring for people my age or younger when we hit 65. Nope, we gonna have to work till we drop dead at the work place, just like good little slaves. The gift our parents allowed the government to give the future generations, is the gift of never being able to retire because they keep voting these bank controlled morons into a government that began selling out 160 years ago. Gonna go dig my grave now and lie in it.

It's not really fair to blame the older generation for that, many of us have been working against the very system that has caused this mess most of our lives.

What are you doing to change the system for the younger generation? How will you feel when they blame you for the mess they inherit?

You have to do far more than simply not vote in 'bank controllers', you have to break down the whole system that allows 'bank controllers' to have all the power and replace it with something better.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Those elderly inherited a system someone else created just exactly like the younger generation will inherit a system someone else created that isn't there fault Social Secuirty should have never been created because they knew then it could never be self sustaining and it is a ponzi scheme first in first out and leave other people holding the bag.

You can't get rid of it but you can create a newer system to allow the younger ones to opt out but even that won't work for the simple fact the new people paying into the system has to stay that way.

There is no real solution to Social Security and then Medicare two government programs one government check paying for another government program which amounts to the government is paying you to pay them back from the government.

It's messed up you want to know what real crony capitalism looks like Social Security and Medicare.

edit on 20-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
some people are on it that shouldn't be, but my friend used to get disability many years ago, at some point they got schooling got off and worked for long long time.

now they are a lot worse than back then but they have been denied twice. They just had a hearing with the lawyer present and are waiting to see what happens.

they worked for 20 years, saved the state all that money and they are being punished for it.. so not right

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

God forbid the disabled or elderly were to get upset.
They might even write letters, or worse - make phone calls!!
Politicians would surely shake in their boots at the thought.
Maybe we can go to Washington and demonstrate but we wouldn't be much of a threat.
It would be interesting to see a line of riot cops facing down down a furious crowd of geriatrics and wheel chair warriors.
However, the eldery do carry some weight in a practical and political way by their influence with their families and social groups. They're starting to get the message that Federal policies and spending are out of control and that corruption is the rule rather than the exception.
Another thing - when older folks start talking they never stop except for nap times,
Bet you didn't know that dentures were force multipliers?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
The increase in payment is just a lollipop to make the increase in Medicare easier to accept. It is a political ploy to wrangle votes for Obama.

The truly senior Seniors will just knuckle down, eat more beans and rice, and cut their meds in half to make them last longer. The tough generation will tough it out. I'm not sure how the Baby Boomers are going to do.

All the younger folks can do, assuming we get through the next few years, is pay off their houses and credit cards and put their extra money into something safe. Everyone has to take care of himself. be aware of the greed and mismanagemen that has had hold of our country, and get rid of those who do wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join