It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Occupy Cleveland' Protester Alleges She Was Raped

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TDawgRex

I don't believe it. Look how closely those tents are packed together. One little shreik and the guy would have been busted. Why would she wait until the following day to tell a teacher?

Perhaps the guy got a little randy and she awoke to something she didn't appreciate and subsequently rebuked him, but that wouldn't constitute rape, and might not even constitute assault.

I don't believe she allowed her self to be raped with help literally feet away, and then stayed out the rest of the night, and then told someone else, away from the scene, hours later? Makes no sense.

No matter how many women tell you otherwise?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Possibly, also a threat with a knife or gun, it isn't impossible, but surely, at the first sign of escape, she would have ran to the surrounding tents and got help before the guy was able to disappear with only a first name to identify him.

I understand some people, especially with rape, feel so much shame that they often don't even report it. I found out my wife once laid down to sleep in a bedroom at a party, and later awoke to a man she barely knew having sex with her, and she tried to make him stop, but he was practically finished anyway. She didn't call the police, and nothing ever happened to the guy. (Except, I now know who he is, and he has the misfortune of still living in this town.) Anyway, I've been told by many, many women that this is far more common than we understand, so her story is possible.

Still, the very close proximity of so many people makes it seem unbelievable to me. I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You are wrong.

However, the man is innocent until proven guilty. It is a crime, and should be pursued as one. Not as a political agenda.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
New York city isn't exactly a quiet neighborhood not to mention those things call ipods and yeah a hand or pillow over the mouth or people drinking and smoking it up any number of ways this could have happened.

However never heard of a teapartier being accused of rape and if she was indeed raped the nail him to the wall with the law.

This is disgusting are they all rapists there? No but this doesn't do them any favors.
edit on 19-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was gonna go to occupy cleveland too

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Curiously: This is an of age person? I assume at least 18? If a rape occurred why didn't she go to the authorities right after the rape. Have a rape kit done. With no proof there is no credibility.
At some point she had to have left, and probably quickly. She would only be able to do something about it if she had credibility and it does take either someone hearing/seeing or you will need physical evidence. Tends to make me wonder if this could not have been a set up by TPTB to discredit?
Also if this is organized in such a fashion that a man and women who are strangers are paired to sleep in the same tent by a third party that is just plain stupidity. Why would any woman agree to tent it with a total stranger?
I am not a woman and cannot begin to understand these things, but I would have felt uncomfortable with any total stranger in a tent, man or woman. Not a good situation at all.
DH

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes, every rape allegation is a smear. None of them ever happen.

No one would ever find that they woke up and suddenly realized that their entire world was turned upside down, and they don't know who around them is a friend or an enemy. So their reponse wouldn't be to just hope to get through it and get away. I'm sure that's never ever happened in all of human history.

<< 1  2   >>

join