It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Occupy Cleveland' Protester Alleges She Was Raped

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

You don't even know that. The mortification, surprise and horror of the situation is quite enough. Finding out that the people you've been told are on your side are instead willing to commit a horrible crime upon you, and the deep horror of knowing that you know don't know who your friends are is quite enough.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Further proof it is just a big drugged up orgy fest out there, provided for by the commie organizers.

It is encouraged, why else would they put a young woman in a tent to share with a man she didn't know?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
# that don't make sense

1: in occupy ATL, the women tent up with the women, and men with men, just for that very reason UNLESS they share a relationship or are married. this was done in solidarity with OWS.

2: tents are in such a proximity that all she had to do was yell.

3: night security would have heard a little commotion of a MAN PULLING A WOMAN OUT OF A SLEEPING BAG AND STRIPPING HER NAKED!!

4: come the hell onnnn...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
# that don't make sense

1: in occupy ATL, the women tent up with the women, and men with men, just for that very reason UNLESS they share a relationship or are married. this was done in solidarity with OWS.

2: tents are in such a proximity that all she had to do was yell.

3: night security would have heard a little commotion of a MAN PULLING A WOMAN OUT OF A SLEEPING BAG AND STRIPPING HER NAKED!!

4: come the hell onnnn...

Making excuses for a horendous crime.
Hypocricy at it's finest with all the boo hoo'ing about the system making excuses for wall street and bankers.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

you have exactly NO evidence of a crime taking place... so how are you gonna compare the two???

hell you have LESS than no evidence, and the story sounds fishy... sooo...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Some of you are going out of the way to protect these FLEA Party rallies.

You are the same people that would have discredited the TEA Party if someone would have happened to fart during one.

I see too many of you FLEA Party supporters justifying rape, theft, drug use, filth, and violence. Stuff you just did not see at TEA Party rallies.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Some of you are going out of the way to protect these FLEA Party rallies.

You are the same people that would have discredited the TEA Party if someone would have happened to fart during one.

I see too many of you FLEA Party supporters justifying rape, theft, drug use, filth, and violence. Stuff you just did not see at TEA Party rallies.

violence? at a purposely non violent protest? please show me a link that has a verifiable story of violence from a protester, NOT from a police officer..

p.s. if a cop is beating someone, and they fight back, and hurt the cop - that's not violence, it's self defense.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

you have exactly NO evidence of a crime taking place... so how are you gonna compare the two???

hell you have LESS than no evidence, and the story sounds fishy... sooo...

The woman made a police report, it was taken as a legitimate complaint and reported on.
Live with it that your Dear Komrades of OWS now stand accused of rape and worse yet, creating the conditions for mass rapes at every event. The people joining in OWS are just a worthless lump of flesh in the collective, easily replaced and there for use and abuse. The collective as a whole is all that counts, individuals are stripped naked of their individuality and are just part of the masses. Rape was a favorite tool of your Komrade Stalin.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

lmao..... wow....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Kind of hard to make any opinions about this article. There is not enough information to form any kind of judgement. Was she examined by the hospital after making her announcement, and was any bodily fluid recovered? Were they engaging in the use of controlled substances? In other words, was the victim and her alleged attacker under the influence at the time of the incident? Any witnesses who may have heard sounds of distress coming from the tent? You know evidence, and so far the article is short on that.

I am sorry, but I am on the fence about this. Don't know enough? For future reference, if anyone is attending OWS in their respective communities it would be a good idea to go in groups and to refrain from lodging with complete strangers. There are criminals among OWS as there are in every facet of society. Be on guard and protect yourself at all times. Sometimes wolves come in sheep's clothing.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ok two things:

1) I have been to OWS (NYC) and ran into an individual that I could tell was trouble (looked intoxicated and belligerent). The next day it was confirmed by newspaper that that same night that individual groped several women and was arrested. I actually had a run in with him so you can picture that in a city of 10 million I was pretty shocked he was on the front page of the Daily News. After reading the article, it turned out he was a homeless drifter from out of state, had a warrant for his arrest and was on methadone treatment (heroin addiction). They quoted him as saying "I came for the free food and the people are pretty cool here". Point? In any place where there are large gatherings of people there is always a chance of a few rotten apples that do not reflect the whole.

2) We do not know what happened but we know that either she is telling the truth or she is lying. My question is if she was lying what does she gain from it? Is she connected to TPTB as some suggested, or some right wing extreme faction looking to discredit the movement? Maybe CIA? Seems unlikely, but possible. Maybe something positive will come out of this. It would be a good idea for organizers to designate a group of volunteers (each within their city of course) to help with keeping individuals from doing anything that will hurt the whole (notice how I didn't mention not breaking the law), such as throw out drug abusers (we aren't talking light toking of weed here), extremely violent individuals and or groups (not just as they label themselves but by actual actions instead) and people that do not contribute in some way (aka freeloaders looking for free food and to pick up women and drugs etc..).

edit on 19-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: lots of grammar fixes

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

You don't even know that. The mortification, surprise and horror of the situation is quite enough. Finding out that the people you've been told are on your side are instead willing to commit a horrible crime upon you, and the deep horror of knowing that you know don't know who your friends are is quite enough.

Absolutely. I was only positing a possible scenario which would have resulted in the victim being silent. The one you outline above is equally probable. I intended no offense.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by TDawgRex

'Occupy Cleveland' Protester Alleges She Was Raped

How does someone get raped in a tent city?
"Help, I'm being raped!" is not exactly going to go unheard.
Have soundproof tents been invented now and nobody told me?

Exactly. I'm sure the prosecutor will be asking these questions if it ever goes to court.
I think the girl is probably looking for attention. No way in hell she would have kept quiet if she thinks she was being raped unless the accused rapist had a weapon pointed at her or something to be quiet.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

None taken. These people want people to think that because they fancy themselves social champions that anyone who might suffer a crime in their court are just lying. The modern left uses women as tools, without for a second actually ascribing to equality or legal protections when it doesn't suit them.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by alfa1

It's the bystander effect. The more bystanders there are the less likely they will provide any help because they assume that someone else will provide help. Just look at the case of Kitty Genovese. She was stabbed outside her apartment in New York City. Screamed for help and was heard by her neighbors, but no one did anything. During the attack the most help she got was a man telling her attacker to leave her alone. The attacker then returned a short while later and then proceeded to rape her before killing her.

The bystander effect - enabled by "diffusion of responsibilty" - would have only come into play had the victim screamed for help. The diffusion of responsibility phenomenon [which creates the bystander effect] actually goes a bit further, indicating that one bystander shares the responsibility with a group of witnesses, therefore, when no help intervenes, that bystander can essentially, and confidently state "it was no more my fault than it was anyone else's for not calling". In that person's view, the group had reached a consensus - something people love being a part of. And it's exactly why, should you ever be in the unfortunate circumstance of being victimized as people stand by and watch the show, you MUST point at one witness and demand they call for help. That one person will feel so much pressure from that crowd to do something, that they never fail to do something. Just a little trick I like to bring up when this topic is addressed.
edit on 10/19/2011 by chasingbrahman because: clarification

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I find it appalling the way people are responding to this. I thought OWS was about the 99% being victims of the 1%, and yet when someone becomes a victim in their midst they turn her away and try to discredit her. I thought OWS was about solidarity. So how about actually supporting thos who have actually supported your cause? On the other side the behavior of the anti-OWS group is equally appalling. This a human being, not some symbol for what's wrong with OWS.

I thought this whole OWS thing was supposed to be about looking out for the common man, but instead it seems to be reverting to the same petty bickering we see every day in politics. You two sides can go ahead and support your causes. I'm going to go ahead and provide support to the human being whose life was just irrevocably altered.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I don't believe it. Look how closely those tents are packed together. One little shreik and the guy would have been busted. Why would she wait until the following day to tell a teacher?

Perhaps the guy got a little randy and she awoke to something she didn't appreciate and subsequently rebuked him, but that wouldn't constitute rape, and might not even constitute assault.

I don't believe she allowed her self to be raped with help literally feet away, and then stayed out the rest of the night, and then told someone else, away from the scene, hours later? Makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I feel a lot of compassion and empathy for this young woman.....she was trying to participate in a worthy cause....and was raped. When I was 19....I was not street wise and I was naive and gullible...I did not know about the seedier side of life (I lacked worldly experience)...my parents thought they were protecting me...they did their best....but in retrospect I should have been told....and taught verbally ....lessons about the cruel side of humanity...and how to protect myself. I suspect this young woman was naive too.

I am a rape survivor...and I can tell you....the healing process takes a while. I am glad she stepped forward and told.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Does a hand over her mouth make sense? Does shock and trauma make sense? I'm just saying.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join