It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Wild Bears, Tigers, Lions and Wolves Escape Enclosure.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52
This is ridiculous, how on earth do FOURTY EIGHT BEARS LIONS AND TIGERS AND WOLVES escape a zoo?

Very Carefully...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

that's even worse. How do they let a guy like that look after these animals?

In reply to your reply, I just thought it sounded typical that people think they should be killed straight away.

When I first read the title '48 Bears, Tigers, Lions and Wolves Escape Enclosure'
I instantly thought now there's gonna be 48 DEAD bears, tigers, lions and wolves.

Where's the surviving animals gonna go?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Are they all caught/killed yet?? What a horror - you are dead right - why do we disallow felons from owning a gun, yet they can own all these dangerous animals... !

People must be freaking - how do they know for sure how many - what if they didn't have the correct count?? You're pretty brave to climb up in your deer stand...

I always think any zoo is a worry if an earthquake or something happens...

When you choose to live in the United States, you shouldn't have to worry about frigging lion's or such prowling around.

I rather like that New Zealand doesn't even have snakes. (Or Poison Ivy for that matter....!)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
These animals have been living their whole lives in very miserable conditions, and after they finally get they their freedom, they get shot and killed. What a horrible end to a sad story. I say tranquilize them, not kill these poor animals.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Lions and Tigers and Bears? Oh my!

What? Someone had to make the joke...

Okay, but seriously, yikes... This is rather scary...I do hate to see any of them killed, but sometimes it happens.The point is to remove the threat to the people.

Very sad that this has happened

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

More than likely shot and killed, or tranquilized. I doubt whether they will get all of them, there are quite a lot places for wild animals to go around here.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
In the end. Its not any of the animals faults. But in the end the very dangerous ones should be killed on sight. With no records of the animals behavior and many of them being probably totally dependent on being fed regularly by human hands they will become desperate for food. A high powered rifle can take down an animal from 1000 yards or more, do you have any idea how close you have to be to hit an animal with a tranquilizer gun...? Its unfortunate but very necessary in my eyes for most of these animals to be killed as quickly as possible to avoid any obvious consequences of human contact.

And really. If i were i lion id prefer a quick death over a life in a concrete pen.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
you know, it is possible to allow yourself to care both for the animals AND the people at the same time.

just because someone cares about the animals DOES NOT mean they dont care about the people as well, and for you to assume such a thing and judge people on that erroneous assumption says far more about you than i think you realize.

honestly, for as much as you obviously enjoy expressing your opinion, its not really worth much if it all comes straight out of your ass.

us v them
us v them
us v them

is that how you approach every new situation?
is that as far as you can get?

i pity you far more than those animals.
edit on 19-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
you know, it is possible to allow yourself to care both for the animals AND the people at the same time.

just because someone cares about the animals DOES NOT mean they dont care about the people as well, and for you to assume such a thing and judge people on that erroneous assumption says far more about you than i think you realize.

honestly, for as much as you obviously enjoy expressing your opinion, its not really worth much if it all comes straight out of your ass.

us v them
us v them
us v them

is that how you approach every new situation?
is that as far as you can get?

i pity you far more than those animals.
edit on 19-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

Ans for "us v them." Laughable really. Do you live within a few miles of where this happened? Didn't think so. I don't believe I ever said I did not care about the animals. I only said humans first, animals second. So before you go making claims that people are pulling stuff out of their ass, you better check where your head is first, or else you might suffocate.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

link   

link   
post removed

edit on 19-10-2011 by silo13 because: Sorry but after reading the past few responses by the OP I'd rather not participate in this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by josh2009s

They aren't all dead yet. Last count is at 25, which means 23 are still alive.

Where did the number 48 come from then? Just wondering.

Also - you've a dear hunting stand? What's the difference to you between shooting a deer and one of these animals?

Honest question - no disrespect intended.

peace

I don't have a deer hunting stand, my father does. I have never killed an animal in my life. 48 is the number that Terry Thomson claimed he had, although many people beleive he had much more.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Raw instinct. Beaten down caged animals are witless, it would feel sad to shoot one.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
if you want to report me for derailing your thread, fine. but i hope the mod that removes my posts removes all your rude snarky ones where you make fun of people and call them names too.. because i only replied for that reason.

When did I call people names? Quote it. I'll quote the last paragraph in the OP.

Hopefully everyone stays safe and these animals are either captured, or killed. Although, the local news Facebook page has been blowing up with people begging to not kill the animals. What do you think? Should the officials delay the safety of citizens and try to capture these humanely? Or, should they eliminate the threat to the public as fast as possible?

So far only a few have responded to that. I would love to hear your answer!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Then don't bother posting anything...

As for the OP, I love exotic animals like these. It is so sad that some of these species are barely making it, and we are having to kill them. However I cannot imagine the fear some parents are feeling for their children right now, and I hope these animals are captured or killed immediately so no children get hurt.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Thanks for your reply.

The thread kind of got off track for a moment and I think people assumed I not care about the animals at all. I'm going to make myself clear now. I care about the animals. I had signed 2 petitions a few years ago to get these animals taken away from this guy do to horrible living conditions. I do, however, think that the police did the right thing by shooting them rather than letting them escape into the woods where they would most certainly get away and possible cause harm to people. The police arrived first and animal control units did not show up until over an hour after the police arrived.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This just in from Facebook:

Kelcey ******* (Original Status)

haha jus drove by wp and the sign says aution exoti animals please stay in vehile if seen please all 911! haha.... but killing these animals? thats so fd up they didnt do anything! assholes! Like

Josh ********* (My extremely sarcastic reply)

We should take the time to tranquilize them no matter what! I don't care if anybody gets killed by them!!!!! 6 minutes ago · Like

Kelcey ******* (Shockingly ignorant response)

right!! we have too many ppl runnin round as it is... they could help us keep our population down haha might help the eonemy... and they run free whereever it is tht theyre from so y nott run free around here? # maybe id like to see a lion or bear in my back yard instead of deer and rabbits...

Are people really this ignorant? I have the proof right in front of me, and it is still hard to believe! How could anyone value the life of an animal more that a fellow human. What a sad sad world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join