It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone having odd feelings of excitement about the world collapse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

your answer to lifes puzzle was that you learnt to CARE for another .

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Given that most end ofthe world scenarios have at least 90% of the population being killed off, it's extremely arrogant to think that you'll be one of the survivors.

However, nothing like planning for end of the world to keep you busy.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I'm ready for WHATEVER it takes to finally shake some real change loose as I'm tired of this monstrosity, whether that change is a result of order out of the required chaos or a sea change in the way a good many of us look at and tolerate things.

So which "Occupy" protest have you joined? Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autodidactic
I'm just curious if anyone else is oddly excited and can't wait for this collapse of everything to happen? Like building it up in your head to be some end-all of the monotony of this boring life some of us are living. Entertaining fantasies in your head about what it may or may not be like after the collapse. I know it's going to be really really bad for a lot of people, most likely myself included, but I honestly can't wait for it to happen, it's been building up for years and most of us here at least have seen it coming from a mile away.

Anyone who is excited about the world as we know it ending probably has a romantic notion of what the world will be like "after". Unfortunately that's an illusion; it will not be romantic, or a happy time of getting back to basics, or a return to an agrarian society. It will be like the Great Depression, a time in which people literally tore billboards down so they could burn the wood to stay warm (unfortunately billboards are steel now) and lived in lean-to shelters on borrowed land and slept stacked like cordwood in basements, and waited in long lines for a bowl of soup to eat. People lived in disease-ridden squalor where excrement piled up in the streets. Their clothes were patched with whatever scraps of fabric they could find in the trash of others. They stank because baths became a very rare treat. Their teeth were rotten because they couldn't afford toothpaste/ toothbrushes and whatever water they could scrounge up had to be used for cooking and drinking. But in those times people were tougher than we are now, and despite the horrible conditions they still reached out to one another to help. I think a collapse today would be far worse than the Great Depression because people today are rude, selfish and used to living a coddled life. If a collapse happens, we'll get the worst of the Great Depression coupled with the worst of humanity to go along with it. Don't look forward to it, dread it. Instead of welcoming a collapse, we should be doing everything in our power to fix our problems and avoid a meltdown.

Incidentally, I'm in my 50's and while I did learn about the Great Depression in school, I learned more about the human cost of it by speaking with survivors that went through it. They're getting pretty elderly now, but I encourage anyone to talk to any survivors you might run across, and prepare to be shocked to hear about the things they didn't tell you in school (if they even teach about it anymore).

edit on 18-10-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
BTW...make sure you tell us your findings of your little social experiment here .
Curious as to what people are gauging ....who make thse posts .

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Can't wait. My dream is to wander around to wherever I want in a post-apocalyptic world.

There is something about it that I get off on. This feeling that everything has ended and you are alone in a world totally destroyed.

It feels like I already live in that world. We do in a way. It's spreading. It just hasn't hit home.

Militants will roam the streets.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Right there with you brother.

It is time for this country to take its medicine.
The band-aids are not working and falling off.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This has made me think....How many of you wishing for the apocalypse actually would survive in the aftermath more than 10 min.? How many of you actually have combat and survival training? You do realize that if you don't you WILL die don't you? How many of you yahoo's have actually had to survive outside your daddy's house? Or how many of you are just kids sitting behind a computer that have played too much Fallout who are mad because your mommy said you can't go to a party so you want to kill the world?

Anyone?
edit on 18-10-2011 by billy197300 because: add

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I have always said, if SHTF then either take me out immediately and let me be at ground zero, or leave me unharmed.

If I am at ground zero then the result will be self explanatory. But leaving me unharmed I will survive, or die trying. I have been knocked down many times in my life, but there has never been an instance where one could keep me down, I have always got back up.

I have military experience and I was one hell of a Eagle Scout.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Awsome, I think you will do just fine.
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
JUST AS i THOUGHT . a provocateor post along with others trying to get this going . the smart ones has spoken honestly about the relality of Koas . .

I tried to guide you all towards embracing the qualities of varigatiness so you would try and reverse your ways of wanting to assit in taking down a world that is struggling to hold onto the DIfference in cultures and peoples .

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Bingo. A lot of folks who get their jollies over imagining doomsday scenarios almost surely don't have young children. Because if they did they wouldn't want to risk their futures over shaking things up just so life would get interesting again. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Given that most end ofthe world scenarios have at least 90% of the population being killed off, it's extremely arrogant to think that you'll be one of the survivors.

Bingo part 2. Methinks too many of these doomsday welcomers spend far too much time playing Fallout 3 or whatnot.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

I'm ready for WHATEVER it takes to finally shake some real change loose as I'm tired of this monstrosity, whether that change is a result of order out of the required chaos or a sea change in the way a good many of us look at and tolerate things.

So which "Occupy" protest have you joined? Just sayin'.

Hi bunnies. The Occupy movement (and pretty much any other form of civil action) is a symptom or expression of the needed awakening and realization that problems exist. I'm still curious to watch to see if the bulk of the movement is identifying the true issues, and what the net result of the action will be.

We do not have a local Occupy movement (smallish rural town) and I'm unable to take time from work to travel to one of our larger cities to attend, but I approve of and will continue to support them while I continue to work to educate and get people in my local and personal circles to realize these issues and snap out of their stupor (as well as "lending material support" to Ron Paul's campaign with my time and money as I see him as one of the best, albeit possibly unlikely, vehicles for some significant change).

There are many things we can all do in our day-to-day lives to not participate in or sanction such things and spread awareness/deny ignorance to those we interact with.

Take care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join