It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA live feed: Are these UFOs or smudges?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Okay ATSers, this might be nothing or it could be somethin'.

Seems the Live feed aboard the ISS (I'm assuming it's from the ISS) froze shortly after this transmission depicting what looks to be, a classic cigar-shaped UFO.

Now, this in itself isn't too jaw-dropping howeva....earlier I stumbled on this video below and this particular YT uploaded another U.F. looking Object from the other day when NASA was streaming live.

So coupled together I say this might be something worth considering. Now the question is: are their windows just dirty? Are the catching a reflection of something on board? Can this (these) be space junk? Or are they bonafided UFOs swinging by the ISS checking things out?

It's anyone's guess.

From today Oct 18th
(judging by the comments to the right, this feed has been frozen for a while now)

www.ustream.tv...

From Oct 12th

It's mysteries like this that make me wonder why the ISS might be abandoned shortly. And although I semi-understand the WISE telescope was expected to go off air and stop running (after a few years) I often wonder if that's just a cover story.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It seems to be moving with the camera.
It's a smudge or reflection.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

There was another other post with video debating those very same internal window reflections.
Windows seen at certain angles can act like a mirror while still remaining transparent, so, objects behind the viewer can been seen, and in cases like this, create the illusion that there may be 'something' outside.

Someone even tried to use the emboss filter in photoshop to prove that the reflection was a real UFO.
Emboss can make all sorts of flat objects like drawings on a piece of paper, or even window reflections look like they have depth. Emboss proves nothing other than that someone knows how to use emboss and that emboss creates an emboss effect on flat objects or objects of no substance to give them an appearance of depth where they otherwise had none.

Anyway, yeah, highest probability explanation for the disk, or semi-crescent shaped thing in the window is simple reflection of something inside the ISS cockpit.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
It seems to be moving with the camera.
It's a smudge or reflection.

The one from Oct 12th you mean? (you must because the other one ain't moving)

Yeah....it could be or maybe this thing is following in tandem!
I kinda rule out a smudge for some reason.

How about the frozen framed feed from today? What do you suppose that is? A smudge and/or reflection too?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by Human_Alien

There was another other post with video debating those very same internal window reflections.
Windows seen at certain angles can act like a mirror while still remaining transparent, so, objects behind the viewer can been seen, and in cases like this, create the illusion that there may be 'something' outside.

Someone even tried to use the emboss filter in photoshop to prove that the reflection was a real UFO.
Emboss can make all sorts of flat objects like drawings on a piece of paper, or even window reflections look like they have depth. Emboss proves nothing other than that someone knows how to use emboss and that emboss creates an emboss effect on flat objects or objects of no substance to give them an appearance of depth where they otherwise had none.

Anyway, yeah, highest probability explanation for the disk, or semi-crescent shaped thing in the window is simple reflection of something inside the ISS cockpit.

Well, you would think with the trillions of dollars we've given NASA over the past 50 years they'd use non-reflective glass so they could AVOID this.
Or how about, building the lens right INTO the window or panel (in a concave fashion where it would be free from flying debris) this way the camera would also be free from refraction.
(must I go to NASA with this idea?
)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There is already a thread discussing this.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSpiral

It wouldn't only be helpful but it would be most considerate if you included the thread this way I could inform a Mod and close and redirect this.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSpiral

Wait a sec..............how could there be another thread if I caught this as it was happening? Unless someone posted this at the exact same time as I did.

Please insert thread-link. Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
posted on 13-10-2011 @ 03:23 AM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your thread does appear to be elaborating on the topic.
edit on 18-10-2011 by TimeSpiral because: elaboration

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Mod, please close my thread and direct to www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As noted and requested above, thread close.

Keep discussing this topic on this thread.

top topics

join