It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Quantum Levitation: I Want This On My Car, NOW.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
All fascinating stuff!!
However there exists a much simpler way of achieveing an anti gravity effect.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What would happen if you put that superconducting disk and track into a vacuum? Would it then be completely frictionless and travel as far as you needed to go with only an initial push? Therefore requiring next to no energy at all? Keep in mind I am not a science guy at all... But if this could be up sized at all in the future it could completely revolutionize things like cargo shipping etc. Since we can't really put humans in a vacuum, but we can put STUFF into a vacuum? Am I speaking dribble or does that make sense?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey
All fascinating stuff!!
However there exists a much simpler way of achieveing an anti gravity effect.

LOL. I love how it's pretty much the price is right theme song playing on that video.

2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So perhaps the ufo´s being seen uses this tech as a propulsion

if they did it would be like this...

Ufo made of superconducting material..
its core is cooled to its superconducting critical point
and it uses earth own magnetic field, instead of the magnet track seen in movie

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I find it funny that as a kid, we had a project in class to make a new type of train track design, I came up with a design almost exactly like this.... though I didn't know about superconductors or anything like that.

My teacher told me that it was a silly idea, and that it would never work......

Glad to see the idea I had as a kid is feasible, and because of my teacher, I am not making any money off of it lol

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Good Post OP !

I looked at the videos posted here and they did not really explain in layman's terms why this occurs...

How many people know what Quantum Flux Tubes are ? The may as well have inserted a word in Mandarin Chinese there....

Bare with me here, it has all to do with semiconductor principles...

Whenever two semiconducting materials are sandwiched together they exchange electrons between one another. But generally require additional power to actually push them to overcome the other materials resistance.
This is why your computer's CPU also a sandwich of semiconductors requires power...I will leave it at that.

The reason why this occurs in a supercooled state is that it frees the transfer of electrons between the 3 materials requiring no outside power.

This free flow of electrons and their subsequent energy creates a magnetic field which is reacting with the opposing magnetic field generated by the magnets in the track below/above.

Also as to why it functions whether above or below the track, their fields are stronger than that of gravity's relative to their mass and also as to why it is suspended in space as well as limited in how it is suspended.

This will cease to function and would fall as soon as the semiconductor began to warm once again because the flow of electrons would stop thus collapsing the magnetic field cushion that it is suspended upon.

This is the basis of the propulsion system of UFO's...and they do use the magnetic field of earth and simply oppose/counteract it to propel themselves...also why they can accelerate so quickly and silently.

The earth with it's iron core makes a huge track to levitate upon....

PEACE

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I WANT THIS ON MY LONGBOARD. STAT!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I saw this explained in a documentary on quantum physics once, i'll see if I can find the doc and post it up!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Soooooo, quantum levitation = magnets????? Lame. Quit calling magnets "Quantum Physics"
edit on 18-10-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is not specifically just magnets and metal..... It is the reaction between a superconductor at way cold temperatures and magnets... that is what makes it "Quantum"

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Whatever.. I dont like to give short replies but... WHATEVER. Search the facts.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

This doesn't apply to new discoverers like this person in the video but my rule of thumb is that, if they are talking about a "new" discovery they (a whole other group of scientists working on Black OPs) have HAD it in effect for years. To quote an old quote: "The technology that exists at the core government level is 50 to 100 years ahead of what you are seeing on the street as state-of-the-art."

It's my understanding they are even past teleportation!

CERN? Think about it!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

science! xD thats the funniest thing i've seen all week.

more on topic, this is very kool news, and i'd like to add that if you google for coded or programmable magnets you may be just as suprised as with superconductivity.

all we need now is a room temp superconductor that can work without ferromagnetics. ie regular ground, not polarized metals.
edit on 18/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: managed to spell ground incorrectly...

ed: magnets arn't blocks of metal folks, read some leedskalnin

edit on 18/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow, that is pretty wild. I want one.

I think he might won the science fair on that nifty little gizmo.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
....Magic

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Does anyone know how the weight of the superconductor is applied to the track?

If the superconductor was 1lb and the magnet was 1lb would the combined weight be 2lbs or would it still be 1lb?

could 1+1=1?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
why are they calling it quantum levitation and locking? it isn't, it is the anomalous behavior of supercooled elements. though interesting and not often demonstrated in school, it is nothing unusual or by any stretch of the imagination, new tech.

as the supercooled element warms it will loose its so called anti gravity properties, some elements behave in this manner when supercooled, they gain anti gravity like properties or repulsive magnetic properties. but the COOL factor soon fades when you try to design a self encapsulated system, you soon realize that the ground would have to be supercooled if your vehicle was driven by magnets.

for the other around, massive amounts of energy would be used to consistently supercool the craft and the ground still isnt magnetic enough to create the effect thats demonstrated in the lab.

the locking effect is caused by the atoms moving but at near suspension rate, causing a glue like effect when they come into contact.

but these experiments demonstrate something thats so obvious even the scientists cannot see it before them, that the supercooled element is not polarized, but they ignore what they observe cos it throws a big iron spanner in the laws of physics and that is - how can something be poled to north and south simultaneously ?
edit on 18-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Isnt the planet earth a GIGANTO magnet with a huge magnetic field? Wouldnt a craft designed with a superconductive/supercavitating signature that would negate the surrounding magnetic fields with say a nuclear reactor on board be enough to make frictionless flight anywhere?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Holy crap....!!!!!! that's pretty fantastic...looks so strange when he's tilting it...nice find my good man..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

good point but our gravity isn't our magnetic field. also it wouldn't be frictionless because the system you propose would be dependent on our drag stricken atmosphere to propel the craft.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join