It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a MOH recipient to come to Occupy Wall Street. We need a leader that understands what is goi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I wish I was around the NY area but I live in Seattle and a group of us (it's kinda funny if you think about it I'm a college grad going to grad school but finishing 3 prereq courses at my old CC - more like punishment but at least you get to meet other ATS'ers and other cool people), anyways a group of us is planning to check out occupy Seattle. The only thing I think the Occupy movement needs is a cohesive leader or at least a council with a think tank of individuals that come from wide ranges of education. Having a MOH recipient would be the perfect leader for the movement in my opinion. The only thing is that there are so few young recipients compared to the elderly which bless their souls are being led astray either from their past experiences or racist beliefs that they've been instilled into their heads when they were kids in the 30's and 40's. I'm not gunna sugar coat it I love my Grandpa but as long as there's going to be a black president he's always going to be against it. He's a hardcore Republican and he constantly sends letters that are posted in our towns newspaper about unfair taxes etc. But what I hate is how the certain segments of politcal parties grasp onto the hopes and dreams of our elderly and use thier prejudices to incite a "grassroots movement" started by billionares that just play on their emotions.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that our "dual party capitalistocracy" caters to big business companies that have more rights than U.S. citizens do. That the only way someone has a chance to run for any political position is by siding D or R even if they're a an Independent in their heart. Oh yeah and you have to be rich as well. It is stated in the Constitution I believe that if our government waivers from what it's true ideals were as written by our founding fathers, that we have the right, make it the duty as U.S. citizens to change it until it works. I don't know if you remember but when our forefathers ran for president they were represented by a multitude of different parties.

Anyways if we could only find a young hero wearing his blue ribboned MOH around his neck stating what is obviuosly happening to our country we might have the leader the movement needs. If a four star general must solute a MOH recipient I am quite sure that people would listen to his speech if he was educated, unbiased, and knew what he was talking about. Anyways just a thought.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I think the idea of a single leader for OWS would greatly dilute their effectiveness. They're gaining so much support because they do not have a leader, they're just a bunch of people with the same basic issues with our government/corporate web.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm not sure, but I think this is a request for some kind of military leadership.

Am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sounded like a Chez request to me.

Could be wrong ? meh don't think so.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
No after watching the video of ONE marine standing up to 30 police officers think what ONE MARINE WITH A MOH around his neck could stand up to. Having no cohesiveness is what happened in the 60's and 70's apart from people like Timothy Leary if you think somebody like him wouldn't hurt the cause (it would kill it). We need to be steered in the right direction so we won't peter out and die, we need to keep pushing in the right areas, but we need to know where and what to do properly. I'm not asking for a dicatatorship, I'm asking for a leader, or for somebody that can speak for us to deliver clear concise messages instead of a bunch of garbled up ones. You need an organization because I believe the only anarchist state that ever worked was Barcelona during the Spanish Civil War. But it only lasted a year.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

How does a Medal of Honor augment the abilities of someone who's abilities have already been proven(hence being the recipient of the award).

Secondly, if Barcelona's anarchist system only worked for a year, then how could you call it successful? And in the midst of a civil war no less?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I think the idea of a single leader for OWS would greatly dilute their effectiveness. They're gaining so much support because they do not have a leader, they're just a bunch of people with the same basic issues with our government/corporate web.

I concur... Stick to council based. Use ATS as ammo.

Wise Words
edit on 17-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
No after watching the video of ONE marine standing up to 30 police officers think what ONE MARINE WITH A MOH around his neck could stand up to. Having no cohesiveness is what happened in the 60's and 70's apart from people like Timothy Leary if you think somebody like him wouldn't hurt the cause (it would kill it). We need to be steered in the right direction so we won't peter out and die, we need to keep pushing in the right areas, but we need to know where and what to do properly. I'm not asking for a dicatatorship, I'm asking for a leader, or for somebody that can speak for us to deliver clear concise messages instead of a bunch of garbled up ones. You need an organization because I believe the only anarchist state that ever worked was Barcelona during the Spanish Civil War. But it only lasted a year.

What you do is put it in writing... As the words are read thoughts do the talking. There will be a time for visuals, but those can be delivered in parts, and by a group not an individual. I'm sure you remember taking turns reading aloud in school. Same concept...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Honestly, it sounds like you just want to use someone else's experience to lend credibility to your movement.

Do you realize what most MOH recipients have gone through and that most MOH's are given postumously?

You accuse the WWII vets of racism and prejudice and discount their views on taxes? They are entitled to their beliefs just as you are, and...yes they fought for those beliefs.

Not meaning to get on you too hard, but reread your post. You may not be as open minded as you think, just subjected to a different indoctrination than they were.

Prosperity and growth come from the private industry, it's the governments jobs to enforce a level playing field in business and protect consumers and it's the people's job to keep their government in check.

edit on 17-10-2011 by AP-Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
OK first of all I don't know how somebody thought I endorsed an anarchist state. You'd be an idiot if you thought that. This movement needs a face, or a group of people, or SOMETHING to lead it. Can't you guys get it through your heads that the only reason our country is being raped by different groups of people is because they DO HAVE LEADERSHIP AND LEADERS BE THEY CEOs, Governers, or Senators. They have that and we don't. I'm pretty sure a system with a hirearchy will dominate an uncordinated system like right now. I'm saying somebody or some group needs to step up. We can't have 1 million people at the same time taking the forum and stating our case! Are you guys that dense?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
And maybe it doesn't have to be a MOH recipient I'm just thrrowing ideas out there as to the kind of person or leadership this movement could use that people would actually LISTEN to. I really don't understand that why you guys can't grasp the concept of leadership?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Sorry to have gotten down on you.

What do you think the movement should stand for?

and...

What tangible goal should the movement try to accomplish in the short term to get some credibility and attention?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't know.... that's why I think we need something, some group, or some system to help draft up what this movement's goals should be and what we realistically think we can attain. Some kind of structure, maybe like what a real republic is supposed to be... a democracy might be too sloppy.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
I don't know.... that's why I think we need something, some group, or some system to help draft up what this movement's goals should be and what we realistically think we can attain. Some kind of structure, maybe like what a real republic is supposed to be... a democracy might be too sloppy.

Short term goal (and this was mentioned previously)... Remove funds from the four largest US banks. Similar action would be taken outside the Country. Chase it down with "Don't Pay Your Mortgage Month." If more is action is required, cash out of stocks entirely. Let investment banks play chess games with their computers for a while.

You won't rid the system of control unless you're delivering a back breaker. Ink all paper money with the word Occupy as a reminder. Last but not least... Demand infrastructure banking as the replacement. Simple terms, simple interest, simple fix.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The entire movement is a leaderless movement so that every single person can have a say in the governance of the groups as a whole as well as the general direction of the group as this prohibits that one nay voice can be heard and are afforded a platform to express their grievances.
edit on 18-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join