It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Drug Cartels Recruiting Texas Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Texas law enforcement officials say several Mexican drug cartels are luring youngsters as young as 11 to work in their smuggling operations. Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, told Reuters the drug gangs have a chilling name for the young Texans lured into their operations. "They call them 'the expendables,'" he said.

McCraw said his investigators have evidence six Mexican drug gangs -- including the violent Zetas -- have "command and control centers" in Texas actively recruiting children for their operations, attracting them with what appears to be "easy money" for doing simple tasks. "Cartels would pay kids $50 just for them to move a vehicle from one position to another position, which allows the cartel to keep it under surveillance to see if law enforcement has it under surveillance," he said. "Of course, once you're hooked up with them, there's consequences."

McCraw said 25 minors have been arrested in one Texas border county alone in the past year for running drugs, acting as lookouts, or doing other work for organized Mexican drug gangs. The cartels are now fanning out, he said, and have operations in all major Texas cities. This month, "we made an arrest of a 12-year-old boy who was in a stolen pickup truck with 800 pounds of marijuana," he said. "So they do recruit our kids."

Enough is enough. Our government is concerned with "apparent" threats half way around the world, yet seems to ignore the one now crossing over our borders, and recruiting our children.

Mexico is turning into one of the most violent countries on earth, if it isn't already. I've posted a thread about the Cartels targeting schools in Mexico. Now they're targeting OUR children. This must stop! Quit dealing with threats on the other side of the world, and start dealing with the one right here at home.

Makes me sick.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
thats like something right out of Breaking Bad.

where are these kids parents

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here we are invading other countries while our own is being invaded. Disgusting. I'm tired of being PC about it. Build a damn electric fence.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Here we are invading other countries while our own is being invaded. Disgusting. I'm tired of being PC about it. Build a damn electric fence.

Agreed. The idealism of yesterday is no longer rooted in reality: our resources and land are both limited. There once was a time we couldn't envision the US running out of resources. That time has passed.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

While I am mildly concerned about our resources, and 'jerbs' I am more concerned with our country being inundated with violent criminals.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

While I am mildly concerned about our resources, and 'jerbs' I am more concerned with our country being inundated with violent criminals.

Thousands of American citizens have lost their lives because of illegal immigrants who have had previous arrests and deportations.

An eighteen year old girl lost both her legs above the knee because of an illegal.
Many men, women, and children have been murdered and raped. Many beheaded. Atrocities that could have been prevented had our laws been enforced.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Thousands of American citizens have lost their lives because of illegal immigrants who have had previous arrests and deportations.

An eighteen year old girl lost both her legs above the knee because of an illegal.
Many men, women, and children have been murdered and raped. Many beheaded. Atrocities that could have been prevented had our laws been enforced.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

Maybe I'm wrong here,but I don't remember hearing about "many", if any US citizens being beheaded on our side of the border. Now they have on the other side of the border, but that isn't an immigration issue, as they traveled abroad, to Mexico.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

In the video it mentioned one child beheaded and two others nearly decapitated by an illegal. I am not sure how many actually are. In any case, there are far too many citizens who had suffered at the hands of illegals when these crimes could have been prevented.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Democrats want the Latino vote, and Republicans don't want to interrupt corporate business operations .... so no .. neither party will ever do anything about the invasion of Mexicans into our country.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Enough is enough....we need to pull some, if not all of our troops back home from abroad, and militarize that entire border. We need to start protecting ourselves, and our children. I can't imagine American citizens living in fear down there from these thugs muscling them off their own property.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Democrats want the Latino vote, and Republicans don't want to interrupt corporate business operations .... so no .. neither party will ever do anything about the invasion of Mexicans into our country.

Pretty freaking much. Always irritated when people think Dem leaders actually care for illegals. They only care about the free votes.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What it will take for the Feds to do something? Our lack of response has gotten so absurd that I am convinced that Los Zetas or the Sinaola Cartel could massacre half the population of Phoenix or Dallas and they still wouldent do anything about the Mexican border. By not doing anything to stop them all we are doing is further emboldening them. I fully expect them to start killing judges, cops, journalists, and politicians on our side of the border.

Sooner or later this is going to come down to American militias vs the drug cartels. Sure, alot of soldiers and cops will go rogue and fight the cartels too but the government will not officially do anything about the border ... ever. This of course will enrage the Mexican government which will probably send Mexican troops to assist the drug cartels, and then bam we have a full fledged war between the US and Mexico. This isent going to end well folks. Stock up on ammo ... lots of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The sad thing is, The US isn't worried about it's interest abroad. If they were they would have done something about N Korea and Iran. The US Elected Officials are traitors and "On The Take" for money and don't care about The American People or America..Like Afghanistan for it's Opium, The CIA makes money, They kick back to the ones allowing the war to continue and the same is true for Drugs out of Mexico while nothing is done about it..
S/F op thx

new topics

top topics

join