It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two different approaches to getting a job done.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
1. The political lobbyist.

Part A, Introducing new law...
Hello Mr Senator, as representatives of our industry we would like you to consider passing new legislation to provide grants to help exports.
Here, we have already written the proposed legislation for you to consider.
And here, we have also provided you with copies of two peer reviewed papers and another from a large government think tank to assist you with arguing the need for this legislation.
And here, we have also provided you with "topic points" that you may present to the press during interviews.
And here, we have also provided you with a documentary video on why this legislation is important.

Part B, Repealing Law...
Hello Mr Senator, as representatives of our industry we would like you to consider removing an old law that prevents us from extracting the greatest benefits from our exports.
The specific law which needs removing is Section 3(b) of the Large Industry Export Incentives Act (1977).
We have also provided you with copies of two peer reviewed papers and another from a large government think tank to assist you with arguing the need for the removal of this legislation.
And here, we have also provided you with "topic points" that you may present to the press during interviews.
And here, we have also provided you with a documentary video on why this legislation is no longer required in the online age.

-------

2. The OWS movement

KILL RICH PEOPLE!! SHUT DOWN THE BANKS!! THE IMF IS EVIL!! HELP HELP I'M BEING ARRESTED!! END POLICE BRUTALITY!! FREE EDUCATION!! LEGALISE MARIJUANA! CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!! ARREST ALL THE BANKERS!! WE DEMAND A LIVING WAGE!!! ARRGHH!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! SMASH THE SYSTEM!! END MONSANTO!! BRING THE TROOPS HOME!! WE ARE THE 99%!!! PEOPLE OVER PROFIT!! SUSTAINABILITY!! END ALL WARS!! CHANT! CHANT! CHANT! CHANT! SHUT DOWN SUPERPRISONS!!! BAN GMO FOOD !! YOU CANT ARREST ME!!! I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE!! RESTORE THE CONSTITUTION!! SAVE OUR RAINFORESTS!! CORPORATE GREED!! RESTORE OUR FREEDOMS!!! AUDIT FORT KNOX!!
WAKE UP YOU SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------

Q. Which of these two different approaches is most likely to get results?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

1. The political lobbyist.

Part A, Introducing new law...
Hello Mr Senator, as representatives of our industry we would like you to consider passing new legislation to provide grants to help exports.
Here, we have already written the proposed legislation for you to consider.
And here, we have also provided you with copies of two peer reviewed papers and another from a large government think tank to assist you with arguing the need for this legislation.
And here, we have also provided you with a documentary video on why this legislation is important.

Part B, Repealing Law...
Hello Mr Senator, as representatives of our industry we would like you to consider removing an old law that prevents us from extracting the greatest benefits from our exports.
The specific law which needs removing is Section 3(b) of the Large Industry Export Incentives Act (1977).
We have also provided you with copies of two peer reviewed papers and another from a large government think tank to assist you with arguing the need for the removal of this legislation.
And here, we have also provided you with a documentary video on why this legislation is no longer required in the online age.

THISONETHISONETHISONE ARRRRGAHHAHHAAHHAAAAA!!!

Seriously though, that one I quoted will. Order and balance will always go further than chaos and disunity. **Although screaming mob will get a quicker reaction, it'll be dismissed just as fast as it's acknowledged.
edit on 17-10-2011 by a1red3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
There is a third approach. I'll give an example.
I learned this from my high school counselor. Someone donated the tuition for her college education, in return, she was asked that when she could, she would do the same for someone else.
Though no one else helped with my college education, I'm paying for someone's college education, with the same stipulation as above.
It has to start somewhere.
edit on 17-10-2011 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Absolutely brilliant post and is precisely the approach I advocate.

I advocate writing and passing a similar to Glass-Steagall act that would not only separate investment and commercial banking, but also implement reserve requirements, loan to value down payment ratios and would eliminate subprime mortgages.

I am an advocate of cutting government waste and many agencies.
I am an advocate of a flat tax.

But if you disagree with the Holy OWS, nothing like that matters. You're still going to be a shill for banks and a fascist.

top topics

join