It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another unkown object?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Looking at the C3, does anyone know what this object is:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

It is shown at the beginning of the video in the lower right hand corner.

I'm ruling out mercury and venus based on the orbital path.

Cheers

JS

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I can grante thats its not a planet. as no planet moves that fast.
A metor? mabby? must be fairly larg to be able to see so far away.
but even that is doutfull The fasest a metor or comet is around 100,000 mph and thats probly exzaraded . What ever that was going MUCH faster than 100,000 mph check out the time frame in less then a day it moves what is probly a million miles . Of corse thats assuming its near the sun and not just between the sun and us. after all it could be right adove earth theres no way to know. Is there anyway to find out how far this objuct is?
If we know that then we can caculate its speed. Humm theres should be a way to tryanglate it .After we are recording the event from earth and in order to tryanglate you just need to know how far earth moved in the amount of time the objuct was in view.
simply put you see a deer accros a field so you know where you are then you walk a 100 yards then mesure the angel between you and the deer to come up with how far the deer is.
So we see a objuct in the sky and know were earth is and the earth moves X amount in X amount of time now just mesuring the angel should give you the distance to the objuct of corse you have to facter in that the objuct is moving as well. And one here REAL REALY good at math?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I didn't see any thing?

BTW, is that radiation or solar flares or what?(coming from the sun)

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's really hard to say what if anything is on this file considering the time lapse factor you can't tell how fast anything is moving or what it is.

My vote is nothing odd.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
I can grante thats its not a planet. as no planet moves that fast.
A metor? mabby? must be fairly larg to be able to see so far away.
but even that is doutfull The fasest a metor or comet is around 100,000 mph and thats probly exzaraded . What ever that was going MUCH faster than 100,000 mph check out the time frame in less then a day it moves what is probly a million miles . Of corse thats assuming its near the sun and not just between the sun and us. after all it could be right adove earth theres no way to know. Is there anyway to find out how far this objuct is?
If we know that then we can caculate its speed. Humm theres should be a way to tryanglate it .After we are recording the event from earth and in order to tryanglate you just need to know how far earth moved in the amount of time the objuct was in view.
simply put you see a deer accros a field so you know where you are then you walk a 100 yards then mesure the angel between you and the deer to come up with how far the deer is.
So we see a objuct in the sky and know were earth is and the earth moves X amount in X amount of time now just mesuring the angel should give you the distance to the objuct of corse you have to facter in that the objuct is moving as well. And one here REAL REALY good at math?

wow, this guy trys to sound all smart by the way he talks but he is a horriable speller absolutely horriable

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
wow, this guy trys to sound all smart by the way he talks but he is a horriable speller absolutely horriable

Perhaps English is not his first language. Perhaps you could learn capitalization and the use of periods.

E_T

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
You mean that one near edge?
Might be some meteoroid or disturbance.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
Looking at the C3, does anyone know what this object is:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

It is shown at the beginning of the video in the lower right hand corner.

I'm ruling out mercury and venus based on the orbital path.

Cheers

JS

Hi, JS:

I've been looking for you after the last object. Did you ever find anything out about it? I'm talking about the comet in the SWAN picture.

Also, I can't see the object. I don't have DSL and it's too slow to watch a video.

Tiza

top topics

join