It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide banking collapse in 2-3 wks: food crisis & of course silent bank runs (shhh).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
You're hoping for it aren't ya?

I am.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666If a headline says "worldwide food crises" what they really mean is "those poor counties" not america or the eu.

That's a good point. Remember a couple of years ago when there was some rioting in places like Indonesia Africa over the rising price of rice? If the average American earning say $2000+ a month has to pay $10 instead of $5 for a bag of rice or flour, it's an annoyance, not a hardship. On the other hand, if you are an average worker in the third world who makes $100/month, that extra $5 is a big difference.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

As others have said, it's pretty obvious that you're desperately hoping for some sort of cataclysmic event. All it takes is a cursory review of your previous posts/threads to see that. Only now you've moved from celestial doom to more earthly (and admittedly more likely) devastation, i.e. economic collapse. Doesn't it make you wonder what's gone so far south in your life that you're chomping at the bit for something, anything to go kaboom?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ahh so reality is prices in the past 10 years have gone up just a 'tad'

and the collapse of the dollar 'ain't gonna happen'

and we don't need to worry about our savings in the bank at all, this thread is about the OP's personal life failures and getting off on instilling fear on fellow ATSers.

food prices soar:

USD index:

< reactive-minded shock & awe fear mongerer face of OP

/thread

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hoping for a cataclysmic event is different than totally expecting one. Just sayin' ...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I agree. But when one moves from focusing on comet doom, to Nibiru doom, to solar flare doom, to economic doom, it sure as poop seems there's more there than mere expectation. And I'm not talking specifically about the OP here, just a common theme/undercurrent/hope among many here on ATS lately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join