It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide banking collapse in 2-3 wks: food crisis & of course silent bank runs (shhh).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

80 U.S. Banks have closed their doors in 2011 alone, and some already have reportedly been refusing customer withdrawals (vank o famerica, cit ibank, well fargo)

sure, some of this is dismissible because of 'protests' but whats not to say that is the intended blanket fog around the much graver i$$ue??

the Citibank arrest video suggests to have your counsel on speed dial when you go to withdraw some money..

not a bad idea at all!

"protect your assets"

article.wn.com...

"the savings of millions of people is gonna vanish"

costco, sam's club, etc

staples like flour, rice, oil in shortage already with 'personal limit' and refusals.

edit on 16-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You're hoping for it aren't ya?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't mean to be this guy, but this is exactly what I meant in the chat room earlyer before I left in disbelief at the denial going on, and I certainly hope no-ones wishing this but honestly, if you don't see the train coming, don't cry when it hits you.

ed: ongoing linkage. news.google.com...
edit on 16/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Holy Crap!

I won't be able to withdraw the $45 from my Chase accounts. lol

oh well.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

Is it though? Is it really? I've been hearing this for years now and it hasn't happened yet. Oh I prepare with learning new skills, collecting books and camping equipment, keeping a couple of weeks of food on hand and all of that but...I think we're going to be okay...or as well as we can be in a long recession.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
wow wee some one willing to tell others heads up, WHY?? no one cares nor will listen we that do know... know.
If you want to waist time by telling go right a head, you have the freedom to do so but be warned it will fall on death ears, and be ready for the wise @$$ remarks, for they will come

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
I don't mean to be this guy, but this is exactly what I meant in the chat room earlyer before I left in disbelief at the denial going on, and I certainly hope no-ones wishing this but honestly, if you don't see the train coming, don't cry when it hits you.

ed: ongoing linkage. news.google.com...
edit on 16/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

^ what name said!

part of me does wish i could be "hoping'

but instead, the bulk of my life savings (aside from that in my canadian and thai bank accounts, still at risk), the past 10yrs of 50hr workwkees, screams HOPEFUL not hoping.

as in, hopelessly hoping it doesnt happen, anyway thought its inevitable.

which brings me to wonder, am i the only one wondering sometimes what im working/saving up for??

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

yea that will buy you a cup of coffee a pack smokes one phone call and bus token for 2 days and leave you no change.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

some already have reportedly been refusing customer withdrawals (vank o famerica, cit ibank, well fargo)
The banks are definitely getting very scared in my opinion. You can see by their extreme actions that they fear people are waking up to their scam. Everyone is closing their accounts with big banks and moving their assets else where. Personally I think bitcoin is a very safe way to protect ones assets at the moment.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

They should go to one of the Costco's by me. Huge pallets of 5 different rices, just for an example, and no limit to buying. In fact, it seems that there's no shortages of anything at our 2 nearest Costco's (and one Sam's Club, which I go to just when I feel like wading through the scabies-laden WalMart clientele.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If you have an account with an investment bank that is heavily caught up in sovereign debt or is holding a lot of credit default swaps, get out. Even if you just use them for personal checking.

Bank of America is one. I think Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, and Citigroup are the other big ones. Wells Fargo might get hit too, though I can't recall what their exposure was. But anyway, if I had to bet on one company being the Lehman Brothers of this round, BoA is it.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Based on the news stories at the bottom of that FOX clip, it was from circa late April, 2008.

Not saying food shortages aren't an everpresent threat which people should be prepared for, but do you have anything more recent than that?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
You're hoping for it aren't ya?

Made me lol.

Indeed, I think most of us whom understand the debt based monetary system want to see it's end. That way we don't have to deal with this lie we live in right now. No longer will we have to put up with this status quo ignorance of reality.

The sooner this happens the quicker people will realize there is a problem needing fixing and they will be finally ready to expect possible solutions. The quicker this system "ends" the quicker a new one can be made to replace it.

We desperately need a new balanced transaction system. This current system causes a lot of social problems, hopefully the next one will clear things up a bit.

But yeah, I'm sure most of us want it to go down. People don't respond until they are slapped in the face by their own system. Meanwhile, we are still waiting as best we can.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Elzon because: grammar

edit on 16-10-2011 by Elzon because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2011 by Elzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by ignant

Based on the news stories at the bottom of that FOX clip, it was from circa late April, 2008.

Not saying food shortages aren't an everpresent threat which people should be prepared for, but do you have anything more recent than that?

oh, wow i didnt notice that. it was uploaded in only yesterday!
www.youtube.com...

anyways, so its from 3 yrs ago, what do you think, have you heard about it getting any better? have you heard less people resort to food stamps and that foods banks have less of a shortage than 3 years ago,

or more?

recently uploaded..

regarding people silently wanting to see the dollar system collapses, i dont see how if you actually worked and saved. i can hate the system as much as i want, but its the way i store my labor for actual use its just the way it is and its a SHAME the fed is not offering a smooth transition -- which points to confiscation and hoarding (of both food & funds) by the ELITE.

survival of the fittest amidst widespread US, greece, and other corporate governments collapse

as for those who lived off of credit, and have nothing to lose nor look forward to now that they milked their credit and are deep in debt/bankrupt, yes i can totally see how such persons wanna see the dollars they always splurged more than even toilet paper, finally collapse and be worthless anyways. (prolly 99% americans since they are ultra-consumerist)

edit on 16-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This fearmongering about total collapse and food shortages has to stop. Do a search of threads that claim this was going to happen over a year ago....a YEAR. Yet nothing. Christ people....enough already.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
oh wow, a whole YEAR!

actually, i would say look at it at least from 10yrs ago till now,

to get a good perspective of the bigger picture of where the prices will end up

inflation + supply - population/demand = progressive shortage

food prices soar:

USD index:

< reactive-minded shock & awe fear mongerer face of OP

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
oh wow, a whole YEAR!

actually, i would say look at it at least from 10yrs ago till now,

to get a good perspective of the bigger picture of where the prices will end up

inflation + supply - population/demand = progressive shortage

food prices soar:

USD index:

< reactive-minded shock & awe fear mongerer face of OP

Dont know if thats a shot at me or not. All I can say is that ive been hearing about how prices are going to soar for a looong time. And yes, prices have gone up a tad, but not anywhere near what people were going ape snip about having to stock up, etc.

It gets old......it aint going to happen. We are not going to have to pay $9 for a gallon of milk, or $15 for a pound of ground beef for a long time. Its called competitive pricing. As long as we have supermarkets competing, this wont happen. Unless you are talking 100 years from now.

Stop the fearmongering. And no, Im not blind or ignorant to what is going on in the global economy....

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Try feeding four teenagers with the price increases on EVERYTHING. My local grocery store hides the price increases by raising the price the hanging a sign the that says "temporary price reduction" with temp price of 15 cents or so off new increased price for a week or two.

edit on 16-10-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

peanut butter up,corn up, sugar up, coffee up, bread up, meat up, Why there are shortages all over. dry land means no crops so the coast of getting them to where they once were is driving the prices up milk up butter up, added fuel tax, not fed or state but by the producer the one that supply's, the one that sells, and you the consumer will pay, how high and for how long ??? just get used to it for it is not going down but up up up.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If a headline says "worldwide food crises" what they really mean is "those poor counties" not america or the eu.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join