It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70-plus arrested POLICE INJURED in NYC Occupy Wall Street protest Live stream NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
NEW YORK — Police say more than 70 people have been arrested in New York City during demonstrations against corporate greed, including 45 in Times Square.

Demonstrators affiliated with the Occupy Wall Street rally in New York's Times Square, Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

An Occupy Wall Street protester is arrested for allegedly trespassing on Citibank property near Washington Square Park the day after successfully resisting a potential eviction from their camp in Zuccotti Park, Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011, in New York. As many as 1,000 protesters were marching Saturday morning to a Chase bank branch in the financial district, banging drums, blowing horns and carrying signs decrying corporate greed. Other demonstrations are planned around the city all day Saturday. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

New York City police officers arrest people who were at a Citibank branch near Washington Square park where the Occupy Wall Street demonstrators are holding a rally, Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011 in New York. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)
More Nation & World stories »

Thousands of protesters fill NYC's Times Square
1 dead in shooting at Calif. Hells Angels funeral
70-people arrested in NYC Occupy Wall Street protest
Two police officers suffered injuries and had to be hospitalized. One had a head injury.

Police spokesman Paul Browne says 42 people were arrested in Times Square at about 8 p.m. Saturday after being warned three times to disperse. Three others were arrested just after 6 p.m. while trying to take down police barriers.

www.ajc.com...
www.timesunion.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...
Things have heated up in times square, police have been injured, arrest have been made.

Police are said to be hospitalized.

Live stream www.livestream.com...

It seems as progress is being made.

You can watch the battle between the cops and the protesters
here. LIVE as it happens. THOUSANDS IN TIME SQUARE
The stream is amazing!! I love the birds eye view.
www.livestream.com...

Will the police start cracking down with tear gas and batons?

Time will tell. I do not think they should escalate things.

edit on 15-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You can only arrest so many people until the jails run out of space...I hope that the protesters stand their ground if I could I would be right there with them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't understand. Is this all related?

It looks like front page news covering everything and anything.

Hell's Angels Funeral?

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It looks like Woodstock! That's what I'm talking about, go get 'em!
Fill those jails up so the police have to call in the national guard and use Walmarts as holding facilities!
edit on 15-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
what are the bloods and crips going to do when they are outnumbered in prison by hippies?

idea for upcoming movie: hippie in...hippie out..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Can we get the name of the injured officers and the address of the hospital so we can send them flowers?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

It looks like Woodstock! That's what I'm talking about, go get 'em!
Fill those jails up so the police have to call in the national guard and use Walmarts as holding facilities!
edit on 15-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

The worst part 2 police officers have been hospitalized!!

I do not want anyone getting hurt now..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
As the bait is taken, and the protests become more violent, so too will the means of dispersal and disposal.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

You guys didn't hear?
The police forgot to tie their shoe laces; tripped and hit their heads.
Dummies.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

The worst part 2 police officers have been hospitalized!!

I do not want anyone getting hurt now..

And how many protesters were punched, maced, tasered by cops? I bet a lot more than 2.

Cops are protecting the people raping America. Shame on them.

The bankers don't care. They've stolen the cops pension funds. They've stolen the pension funds of the family members of the cops.

Cops are really dumb to go along with this... but after all, I don't expect much of them, they are not cops for nothing... especially NYPD cops, among the dumbest in America.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

You guys didn't hear?
Dummies.

Simmer down now!!

The live stream is really heating up now..

The time square one is really neat

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by GmoS719

You guys didn't hear?
Dummies.

Simmer down now!!

The live stream is really heating up now..

The time square one is really neat

Lol.
Just trying to bring some light into the situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

Can we get the name of the injured officers and the address of the hospital so we can send them flowers?

Oh dear God, I hope that was extremely funny sarcasm because if it was, 5 stars for you! I'm jealous I didn't come up with that first.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was reading the chat on the side of the live stream and someone said, something like we will stand with you, we are legion. And that made my hair stand on end. I support the people who wish change and are peaceful, but not any ulterior motives behind who is arranging all of this, because it may not go the right way here. So far the vast majority are peaceful. That says alot about the true heart of the country in my mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I was reading the chat on the side of the live stream and someone said, something like we will stand with you, we are legion. And that made my hair stand on end. I support the people who wish change and are peaceful, but not any ulterior motives behind who is arranging all of this, because it may not go the right way here. So far the vast majority are peaceful. That says alot about the true heart of the country in my mind.

Police really HATE when *one of theres* gets killed or injured.

I wonder what these overly pissed off officers will try next..

Will that be the spark?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here's a link to a NYPD scanner

Hearing a lot of calls for back up, chases, and arrests.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I love the comments here.

The police are being sooooo brutal..

Let's see, they ignored lawful orders to disperse and tried to break police barriers injuring two officers in the process...Now they are getting indignant that they are being met with force?

Yep...Police brutality. That's all this is. Nothing but.. These protesters are just totally innocent.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I've seen some uncalled for force by the police, but I've also seen a lot of provoking by the protesters. Both share blame on this one.

Personally, I think the cops should get rid of all their weapons except batons, let the protesters arm themselves with similar weapons and let's have us a good old fashion street brawl. Winner takes all!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Or the protesters can be peaceful and listen to the cops instead of trying to challenge them at every turn.

As I have said in other threads people have the right to peaceably assemble. Not to civil disobedience and violence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join