It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Isolate Iran, U.S. Presses Inspectors on Nuclear Data

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

To Isolate Iran, U.S. Presses Inspectors on Nuclear Data

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — President Obama is pressing United Nations nuclear inspectors to release classified intelligence information showing that Iran is designing and experimenting with nuclear weapons technology. The president’s push is part of a larger American effort to further isolate and increase pressure on Iran after accusing it of a plot to assassinate Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the United States.

If the International Atomic Energy Agency, the United Nations nuclear watchdog group, agrees to publicize the evidence, including new data it says it has gathered in recent months, it would
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Obama officials are also considering banning financial transactions with Iran's central bank and also imposing bans on petroleum products. I feel like I can already hear the war drums. I'm not usually the type to doom and gloom but this has me worried. I would actually approve of attacking Iran IF it were proven they had nukes, but the problem is I don't know if I would ever believe the proof supplied. I think we should watch this and keep a timeline to reference just in case something does indeed happen.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As if inspectors will be allowed to see the real nuke facilities in Iran. Us should show Iran its nuclear bombs, just drop one on mahmoods house.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Iran shouldn't let any inspectors into any of their facilities until Israel decides to allow inspections on their facilities.

This is getting pathetic. The U.S. and Israel are grasping at straws here

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I agree. I live in the U.S. and nobody I talk to in my life is scared of Iran. It's just propaganda for TPTB to use our military to conquer more land and destroy liberty.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

You would be surprised by how many Americans on here that are actually sold on the Iran garbage. I admit Iran is not a perfect country, their leaders are far from perfect. But they are not a threat to regional or world peace. They are demonized over and over by the media. Luckily many people are realizing the whole thing is a big joke.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
you would actually approve killing millions of innocent people because their government made some nukes? because you know that is what would happen.
i think if you want to attack countries because they have nukes you should start with your own.
you are the only country thats proved dumb enough to actually use them
yet you expect others to drop theirs while you openly keep yours?
it doesnt work that way
i hate to break it to you but america is not the centre of the universe

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here's what counts (from the article):

China and Russia, among other major Iranian trading partners, have resisted further oil and financial sanctions, saying the goal of isolating Iran is a poor strategy.

More or less end of story and another yawn. Plus some allies like South Korea/Japan (as per article) also rely on oil sales. Looks like the US' goofball assassination plot didn't go as planned (guess they were short on crayons that day at the pentagon/CIA) so now they try yet another angle. Gotta do something to detract from all those 'Occupy' news stories making headlines. It's to the point you can almost set your watch to idiot US government tactics.

brill
edit on 15-10-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I fail to see any hard evidence laid out as yet....
maybe they are sharing with other gover,ments, but those other goverments havent said anything one way or the other....!
If nobody will back them up id say they set it up themselves. More banging on the war drums.
maybe they feel that a war is just the ticket to get us all to suffer for the good of the country......but it wont wash.
We are down to skippin flint now and the people will not back up any further on much of any goverment policies.
The proof they have gone too far already is in the OWS and other demos world wide...
200,000 in Spain out to protest....
Greeks are fed up....Syrians are demoing and dying......Arab spring has turned into a nightmare for the many casualties.....
Riots in London, show that the civilisedcountries are not immune to such outbursts....
Nobody can say it couldnt happen here......cause its happening everywhere...
the fact is that these demos are polarising humanity into the haves and the have nots....all around the globe we see there are many disenfranchised and marginalised people who are fed up with the system..
All they want really is some respect, and a decent life for their kids even.
Perhaps there needs to be some guarntee of human rights with some real teeth in it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why are we so worried about Iran having nukes. Even if they had 100+ it still would not matter. the Soviet Union and the US did not fire a single missile after building thousands of them. Neither dare fire even one. Same thing with Iran and the only other country in the ME that is Nuclear capable. Israel.
But we just keep on looking at sanctions, and pressing nuclear inspectors. You know, one would think the US would show more grit. [and brains] Nukes aren't even the issue. Not one little bit. Nukes would ruin a lot of the oil which is their money over there. They're not about to do that....
. They would need other types of WMDs instead of nukes. No one is even watching for that.
Iran has other weapons nearly as devastating as nukes if not even more in the long run. They have missiles that can reach every US base in the ME and even southern Europe. Without doubt they also have biological weapons and nerve gas. They need only tip their missiles with them.
More than 2/3rds of Israels citizens have been issued gas masks...do they know something we do not?
Syria thumbs us down to because they also have biologicals and nerve gas and could create real havoc.
Our army is stretched thin around the world. Our own borders are not defended, and we play war games in the Med. with our flotillas. and our Potus? He presses inspectors on Nuclear data? If we were to get our troops out of Iraq and Afghanstan, along with a few others, we would be far more secure.
Our borders are wide open, and all Potus can think of is creating yet another false flag to detract attention from all the very serious problems at home.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Guess u.s hoping to get its money's worth from the bribes its paid the inspector's so they can continue the mass murder of innocent people for fun and profit.. Should be interesting to hear the fairytale erm.. report this time maybe they will write it better than they did the wmd's in iraq fairytales erm.. reports..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Good Point!
I haven't seen any evidence either. Evidence irrefutable shown to the American People. So far everything has been hidden from us. So much for transparency.
I personally will not stand for even one second, another attack on a Sovereign nation unless we have total and complete hard evidence the soil of the US is in danger. If even one more war occurs without total and complete solid evidence clearly shown to the American people a second war will most likely happen quickly.
Right here at home in the streets. They really need to listen. We will not stand for any more of this garbage.
It simply needs to stop Now.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

You make a good point. My issue is with MORE countries getting nukes. I would actually like to see them all go away. I also don't really trust Iran. Don't really trust anyone with that much power though.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

imposing bans on petroleum products.

That sounds like a BLOCKADE to me..

Not good at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

You make a good point. My issue is with MORE countries getting nukes. I would actually like to see them all go away. I also don't really trust Iran. Don't really trust anyone with that much power though.

i agree, but i cant expect other countries to put them down if we dont.. why would they, i mean its like people buy guns to protect themselves..if your robber had a nuclear weapon youd want one too.
i think iran is just as trustworth as the us. in my mind they are the mostly likely to use them

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is getting close to being very similar to what happened when Bush was in office. Will the current administration justify the invasion of Iran the same way Bush did with Iraq? Also, sanctions would be just great...It can rain and gas prices will go up, and the oil companies feed us some bs. If this happens, they won't miss the opportunity to hike the prices up enormously. As if they weren't high enough already.

It's funny how people celebrate when gas comes down 25 cents...seeing as how it should be two dollars lower in the first place. Hike the prices up, and once people get used to it, drop it bit by bit before raising it again, to make people forget they're being royally screwed in the first place.

I know this isn't what your thread is about, but I was just thinking ahead a bit. Nothing good can come from pushing Iran. Like Ron Paul said, who cares if Iran has nuclear technology? We aren't the world's police force, and should stop acting like and mind our own business.

I guarantee you that we wouldn't need such a large army if we simply minded our own business.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

imposing bans on petroleum products.

That sounds like a BLOCKADE to me..

Not good at all.

Think it's almost time to start an "Iran Situation News and Updates" thread?

Personally I don't see much happening soon, but I also didn't think much of US threats to Iraq in 2003.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Damn they are like 6 year olds..if they dont get there way and invade iran they will throw a fit and aim at some other country that couldnt fight back

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

But do you trust isreal with them? or north korea, they are the only 2 countrys id ever agrea to send the troops becouse they are like babies and are most likely to use nukes if they have the chance

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Looks like the US' goofball assassination plot didn't go as planned (guess they were short on crayons that day at the pentagon/CIA) so now they try yet another angle.

LOL of the day!

Seriously though, the deal here is between Israel and its neighbours.
Since they got the nuke, none has been tempted to touch them, even when the IDF go into Palestine and Lebanon with full force no one dares react with an equal response. One should never underestimate the deterring capacity of an "arsenal of megadeath". Guess why Israel hasn't been levelled with the ground by mighty armies like the ones of Iran, Syria and (what once where) Iraq. US support- of course, but it still takes some time to ship them overseas. The bomb compensates for all that (talk about a phallic enlarger of great magnitute!).
If Iran gets the bomb, they are suddenly equal players and Israel is in a world of donkey dung. The next Yom Kippur attack might end up with very different resluts.

The likeliness of an US/Coalition "attack" on Iran/Syria does not come to an end until they totally withdraw from Afghanistan, for good. There is a reason they keep massing troops there at it is not to secure the rule in Kabul, oh no, they have other plans.

We westerners keep pushing Iran in every possible way. Even if we wanted to leave them alone they wouldn't until they've settled the score. They have so many ways to come at us; religious, financial, historical... Not to mention we keep pointing the muzzle of our guns at them.
They know what is up. The Iraq wars didn't just pass them by, they knew what we ment with that: "behave or you're next". Even if we might not be able to live up to that threat we still meant it.
The point is: the more we bully them, the worse it is gonna get on us in the end. It will come around to give our asses will get the bite of the aeons. Best thing is to stop messing around now, change the policies, try our best to make friends instead of enemies. This lacuna coil has been spinning out of control for long enough.

What we really need is for the Syrian people's uprising to gain more momentum and overthrow their leaders. Then, Iran will stand alone in the mid-east and the Iranian people can do their part in changing the rule. After that, but not until then, we will have a brand new set of possibilities to sort out this mess, maybe even for good.

Worst case, however is to see the US/EU economical situation turn so grave that the troops must come home and Iran deciedes to strike when the guard is down. Only a change of regime imposed by the populations in Iran and Syria can prevent that, no outside force can do that, not by a long shot.

Blah, blah, I better give it a rest

top topics

<<   2 >>

join