It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Houston a Joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was driving around the area today and I decided to film the outskirts of the protest and make a video to show people the amount of support, but there wasn't enough good footage to even make a 1min video. There's practically nobody there, about 20 tents make p the 'home base' in Tranquility park, and there was not a single sign in Hermann park.

If I had to guess a number, I'd say there were less than 120 people, and only about 20 with an actual sign, or t-shirt. The rest were curious people walking the tents. Of course, the signs like "honk if you're the 99%" were comical in that context.

An objective view, for those on ATS, from an objective observer.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me. Folks down here in the South are generally less likely to be out protesting and stuff...it's just not something that goes on down here.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

That's because there is crap tons of flouride in the water in texas to keep everyone docile and submissive.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That and the fact that Fox News is pretty much state TV in the south. And face it they have hardly been reporting in a favorable or even lightly biased light on the subject. I wouldn't expect many people to show up there either.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Lol your the joke, anywhere that anybody even 1 person shows up to demonsrate is a win, so thanks for adding to the million of wasted threads.

cough cough

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's always been my understanding that Texas is one of the last true states in the Union to hold it's ground on most occasions. Texas doesn't seem to be a state that puts up with any crap when it it gets to the real deal of it all. I wouldn't worry too much. Things may turn around as it gets heightened around the country. Texans I have met seem very bright intelligent.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

NO no. By all means, let him hate on Texas. We aren't "good enough" to get a protest movement going on down here. Second most populous state in the union, but we're not the 99%. Too many people with jobs here, too many people who are "out of it." By all means, let the leftist elite show us how to put on a proper protest. From the other side of the red river, please.

[/fail]

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am not hating on anyone from Texas. My father lives in TX. I'm just making a statement of truth. Flouride is a chemical that causes brain damage, and makes people timid and submissive. This is FACT. It's not the fault of any civilian that lives there, it is the fault of people like Rick Perry who kiss the hind end of TPTB. That is also a FACT. Research it.
edit on 15-10-2011 by supermanning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
reply to post by Flint2011

NO no. By all means, let him hate on Texas. We aren't "good enough" to get a protest movement going on down here. Second most populous state in the union, but we're not the 99%. Too many people with jobs here, too many people who are "out of it." By all means, let the leftist elite show us how to put on a proper protest. From the other side of the red river, please.

[/fail]

Sadly, I am actually agreeing with you and you can't even see it. I'm glad Texans aren't getting involved in this and instead actually want to fix the government legitimately.

Mob rule, electing Obama and even asking Ron Paul to save us from ourselves all admit that we can't govern ourselves and we deserve whatever we get. Fortunately, Texans don't buy this party line and thus, didn't show up.

It was a sad joke to think that they would, but hey, why not just argue with people instead of engaging in intellectual discussion.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Now i know why Beck moved to Texas sooner or later the flouride will get to him

til then The Stars are big and bright deep in the heart of Texas.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
I am not hating on anyone from Texas. My father lives in TX. I'm just making a statement of truth. Flouride is a chemical that causes brain damage, and makes people timid and submissive. This is FACT. It's not the fault of any civilian that lives there, it is the fault of people like Rick Perry who kiss the hind end of TPTB. That is also a FACT. Research it.
edit on 15-10-2011 by supermanning because: (no reason given)

To get real for just a minute....

Flouride is a problem for a number of reasons. First, beneficial flouride is only ever taken up by the human body before the child is 10 years old. After that age, there is absolutely NO evidence that any flouride has any beneficial effects at all.

Worse, Flouride is chemically so similar to Calcium, that the body mistakes it for the genuine mineral and adds it to the symphysis (where parts of bones are supposed to grow together) in the marrow producing bones like femur and pelvis. The problem is that flouride cleaves easily, which means that bones with flouride are much more fragile. Osteoperosis and hip fractures suddenly became an issue in the 1990's, 40 years after flouride salts were added to public water supplies.

Worse, the additive Sodium Flouride is very different from the naturally occurring flourides found naturally in limestone formations. NaF is an industrial waste product that factories began selling as a beneficial additive to public water supplies, but the NaF produced in such processes frequently contains rare trace additives that can include various heavy metals and even radioactive waste.

For that matter, much of central and west Texas is serviced by the Ogalala and Edwards Aquifers, which contain adequate sources of naturally occurring flourides, and so even governments cannot claim that any is needed.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

That's because there is crap tons of flouride in the water in texas to keep everyone docile and submissive.

Oh we know how to protest, you should have been around for the Tea Party protests, they were in every big city and small town from Mexico to Oklahoma. The Tea Party protests were productive, the OWS off-shoots are silly, pointless affairs that we're not interested in. Plus the unemployment rate in Texas is much lower, we don't have time to go camp out somewhere in protest for days/ weeks because we have jobs to go to, and we generally don't like to go around stinking of BO and looking like beatniks.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Just some advice, try looking around on Facebook or online to see when they have events scheduled. At occupykc, there are no more than 100-150 people there during the daytime, maybe even less. But on days that marches are scheduled, hundreds of people come up there. I bet if you showed up during a march, it wouldn't have been as lame as you saw it to be.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Just some advice, try looking around on Facebook or online to see when they have events scheduled. At occupykc, there are no more than 100-150 people there during the daytime, maybe even less. But on days that marches are scheduled, hundreds of people come up there. I bet if you showed up during a march, it wouldn't have been as lame as you saw it to be.

If people going to protest in any impressive numbers and less than 20 of them show up an hour and a half early to park I don't think they're the people I want to stand around with and expect a bright future. I showed up at the most that long before the culmination protest at Tranquility Park. There was an Energy Festival going on, and a small group of people on the side of the road with signs. I would wager at least half were onlookers or curious people.

I would have gotten out and talked to people but I had a hood in my bed and didn't want to donate it to anyone's thieving hands.
edit on 2011/10/15 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join