It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those who say they are losing rights in the US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have seen this comment used quite a bit by people lately and I am curious.

Exactly what rights have American citizens lost?
When did they lose those rights?

Im not looking for a fight or anything, but am curious as to what people are seeing in regards to this topic.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: spelling

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We lost whatever true freedoms we had in 1913.

The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, and informally as the Fed) is the central banking system of the United States. It was created in 1913 with the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, largely in response to a series of financial panics, particularly a severe panic in 1907.[

en.wikipedia.org...

As the value of the dollar decreases, so do our so called "freedoms", anyone else notice that same trend?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think this can summarize up until 2009 effectively.

The Declaration of Independence 2009

That document was drafted in 2009 by ATS member projectvxn, who has since denounced the project. Videos in support were made by myself and many other dedicated members, and we received quite a few digital signatures at the time of inception.

The rights violations are the numbered list obviously. Since then I believe we could add the TSA privacy violations to the list as well as the attempted forced health care system upon the American people. Failure to protect our borders from illegal immigration might also be considered, however not necessarily a breech of our rights, just national government responsibility.

There are quite a few since then that could be added, but that sums up the gist of them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
We lost whatever true freedoms we had in 1913.

The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, and informally as the Fed) is the central banking system of the United States. It was created in 1913 with the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, largely in response to a series of financial panics, particularly a severe panic in 1907.[

en.wikipedia.org...

As the value of the dollar decreases, so do our so called "freedoms", anyone else notice that same trend?

The Federal Reserve System is not a right guaranteed to the individual.
The value of the dollar is not a guaranteed right to the individual.

As an individual, what rights have Americans lost?
edit on 15-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Im not looking for a fight or anything...

lol, yes you are! The title alone suggests that you seem to believe that American's haven't lost any rights (or, more appropriately, we should instead be calling them freedoms) since the event of 9/11, and that We Americans continue to enjoy the same rights as existed before 9/11.

Ok, here's one for you: Can you board an Airplane today, without getting your sphincter checked for explosives, by the DHS contractor TSA?

Back before 9/11, Americans had the right to proceed forth in their lives free from the demeaning grope from a government employee. Not anymore.

NEXT....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Actually there are no rightts violations contained in that.

Congress is the body that can decalre a war, so says the Constitution. Please point out in the Constitution where it states Congress must use the term declare war?

The TSA is not a law enforcement agency, and is governed under a different set of requirements in that regard.
There is no 4th amendment violation because the 4th amendment only applies to the government.
There is no 4th amendment violation because the security procedures are voluntary and not forced.
A person is guaranteed the right to travel within a state and across state lines. The manner of that transportation is not a guaranteed individual right. You can fly, walk, drive, crawl, roll, take a cab, have a friend drive etc etc etc.

That is not an individual right.

The remaining bulk are not guaranteed individual rights. They fall under the operation of the FEderal Government.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

Im not looking for a fight or anything...

lol, yes you are! The title alone suggests that you seem to believe that American's haven't lost any rights (or, more appropriately, we should instead be calling them freedoms) since the event of 9/11, and that We Americans continue to enjoy the same rights as existed before 9/11.

Ok, here's one for you: Can you board an Airplane today, without getting your sphincter checked for explosives, by the DHS contractor TSA?

Back before 9/11, Americans had the right to proceed forth in their lives free from the demeaning grope from a government employee. Not anymore.

NEXT....

Answer is above but ill repeat it here. The 4th amendment applies to the government, not the individual.
The TSA is not comissioned law enforcement and falls under differeing guidelines.
You arent required to go through security, its voluntary.
You can walk, drive, roll, hitchike etc to get to your destination.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You certainly read the entire thing fast. Five minutes fast. And in that time you were able to formulate a post as well. Glad you really dug into it.

As far as not starting a fight, right.

I'm done here. Moving on.

link   
First I guess we have to assume we ever had rights to begin with. The fact that some text was put to paper doesnt really mean anything. The Bill of Rights creates a box wherein manufactured rights are permitted to exist which existence serves to cloud natural rights as they exist by default.

So, accepting that these manufactured and limited rights are our "only" rights I can comfortably say the first, second and fourth amendments have been pretty well beaten, butchered and regulated.

link   
Well, here are some....

www.wnd.com...

epic.org...

Im sure there are many more, but I don't have time to find them right now.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

You certainly read the entire thing fast. Five minutes fast. And in that time you were able to formulate a post as well. Glad you really dug into it.

As far as not starting a fight, right.

I'm done here. Moving on.

Well lets see, ive been a member on this site for about a year plus now, and am familiar with those complaints, in addition to soverign citizens and everything else under the sun.

Maybe if you understood what a right is, and which ones are guarantted to the individual, you could participate in the thread. Posting a link to info put together by people who dont understand how their government works is not my issue.

When you decide you want to learn what individual rights are come on back.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
First I guess we have to assume we ever had rights to begin with. The fact that some text was put to paper doesnt really mean anything. The Bill of Rights creates a box wherein manufactured rights are permitted to exist which existence serves to cloud natural rights as they exist by default.

So, accepting that these manufactured and limited rights are our "only" rights I can comfortably say the first, second and fourth amendments have been pretty well beaten, butchered and regulated.

So what individual rights have you lost?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Homeland security is not a guaranteed individual right.

HR 1388 -

The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (formally the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act) authorizes a dramatic funding increase for AmeriCorps and other volunteer programs, and the creation of new programs for seniors and veterans. It establishes a goal of expanding from 75,000 government-supported volunteers to 250,000, and would increase education funding and establish a summer volunteer program for students, paying $500 (which would be applied to college costs) to high-school and middle-school student who participate.

Is not an individual right.

What rights did you lose?

+40 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

As written on paper or as a human being?

I can't stand on a soap box and rant my head off.
I can't slap a gun on my hip and travel freely.
I can't grow and harvest a plant.
I can't repair my roof.
I can't freely trade my property.
I can't freely trade my time.

To start.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

lol, Technicalities in written amendments pertaining to Constitutional premises, or the factoid of whether or not an agency is or is not law enforcement has NOTHING to do with the RIGHT to remain unmolested, vs. every American has the RIGHT to ENJOY the benefits they have provided fair compensation for, free from ANY alternative third party interference.

Purchasing an airline ticket BEFORE 9/11 DID NOT INCLUDE GETTING MY PELOTAS FONDLED BY A TSA AGENT lol...

Are you suggesting that I enjoy this newfound experience?

Actually - here's a rather challenging question for you:

Since 9/11, how many legislative ACTS and Presidential Orders have been passed into law that have either violated American Constitutionality, or have borderlined on such?

I'll go back over my notes to prepare for you a rather extensive list of such, while awaiting your reply...

edit on 15-10-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Individual rights are my rights to do WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT if you want to get technical. You sound like you believe rights are given to us by government, but that is wrong. Rights are inherent in us from birth, not because someone says they are, but because they simply are. When an entity seeks to regulate, control, or take away those birth given "rights" then they are "taking them away" and we are "losing" them.

Going back to my original post - it took you five minutes to read my post, reply to another poster, allegedly read the ENTIRE text of the Declaration of Independence 2009, determine that it is unrelated and wrong, and reply to my post. You must be a damn genius or a time traveler to determine all that so quickly.

Since you seem to find fault in every statement made, and seem to act like you are the authoritative force to determine that "The fourth amendment only applies to government" and that "Homeland security is not an individual right" then why don't you enlighten us instead of pussy footing around the situation and being a relative troll?

You aren't in a position to claim to be right about any of the statements that you have made, and to assume that your perspective of "individual rights" is any more clear and sufficient then differing opinions on a subject that is 100% relative, makes you look like a complete jackass.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I can't stand on a soap box and rant my head off.

Yes, you can

I can't slap a gun on my hip and travel freely.

Yes you can.

I can't grow and harvest a plant.

Show me where this is a guarnateed indiviual right

I can't repair my roof.

Show me where this is a guaranteed individual right?

I can't freely trade my property.

Yes you can

I can't freely trade my time.

Shoe me where this is an individual right

To start.

keep going

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Individual rights are my rights to do WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT if you want to get technical. You sound like you believe rights are given to us by government, but that is wrong. Rights are inherent in us from birth, not because someone says they are, but because they simply are. When an entity seeks to regulate, control, or take away those birth given "rights" then they are "taking them away" and we are "losing" them.

This is exactly what he and other "what rights have you lost?" people believe.

The only rights that exist are granted by government. Should government repeal, regulate and re-frame these "rights" they still exist so you havent lost them. "Right" come with caveats, limitations, and applicable fees yet they are still "rights."

It's the fundamental divide between liberty and tyranny. This way tyrants can still defend "rights" as defined by their tyranny.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by gwydionblack

Actually there are no rightts violations contained in that.

Congress is the body that can decalre a war, so says the Constitution. Please point out in the Constitution where it states Congress must use the term declare war?

The TSA is not a law enforcement agency, and is governed under a different set of requirements in that regard.
There is no 4th amendment violation because the 4th amendment only applies to the government.
There is no 4th amendment violation because the security procedures are voluntary and not forced.
A person is guaranteed the right to travel within a state and across state lines. The manner of that transportation is not a guaranteed individual right. You can fly, walk, drive, crawl, roll, take a cab, have a friend drive etc etc etc.

That is not an individual right.

The remaining bulk are not guaranteed individual rights. They fall under the operation of the FEderal Government.

WTF are you talking about, you are saying the 4th amendment only applies to the government, then in the next breath say the TSA is not a law enforcement agency so it's governed differently, do you realize it is government agency? You don't have to be very smart to figure that out, just look at the .gov after their url, and it falls under homeland security.

And about rights lost they can now just call you a terrorist and assassinate you, you lock you up indefinitely.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Its not relevant if you enjoy it or not. Neither is 9/11. The point behind this thread was for people to specifically state how they have lost rights. People throw that term around yet have absolutely no idea what it is and what it entails.

You dont have to go through airport security, you are free to use another form of travel that you prefer because of less / no secureity at all.

My question to the people who continually state we are losing our rights is what individual rights have you lost.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join