It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Elenin Lovers, Only Debris To Pass Earth On The 16th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ah, I won't speak for anyone else but, I can definitely tell you all that Elenin is definitely not going to cause any harm to us earthlings. Here ya go, enjoy the read!

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

But... what will i fear? If i know the world aint ending, what do i do?
edit on 14-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

"Folks are having trouble finding it, so I think it's probably dead and gone,"

They think it's dead and gone....

The sun finished it off? Naw...it's hiding behind the sun waiting to strike!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Crafty little sucker. I knew i shouldnt trust inanimate object.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Remember, there are people who KNOW that Elenin is coming to destroy us. They feel it. Their ignorant intuition trumps your scientific observation.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
Ah, I won't speak for anyone else but, I can definitely tell you all that Elenin is definitely not going to cause any harm to us earthlings. Here ya go, enjoy the read!

news.yahoo.com...

Thanks!
My favorite part:

Yeomans views the frenzy over Elenin as a product of the Internet age, which allows loud and often uninformed voices to drown out the rather more prosaic results that scientists publish in peer-reviewed journals.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

but ive already told all my friends!!

now who will i blame on my house suddenly blowing up after i got insurance?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Lol, did you double check to see if you're friends believed you lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well said friend, well said.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

they are imaginary.. of course they believe me!
real normal people wouldnt believe in this comet

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

hahahaah, agreed, which is why I started the thread

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I seriously just don't understand the desire and yearning for an earth wrecking event that some people so desire (though a comet strike the size of Elenin would not have been an earth changing impact). Is it that they have conducted their own lives with such hopeless dismal utter failure that they wish this upon people who succeed? Do they believe that such a disaster will not touch them and only the people they despise? Do they believe that because they believe that they know that they would survive such as what they wish to happen? Do they simply want a fantasy prophesy to be real? It's obvious they are not educated in the proper disciplines to know the difference. But I just can't wrap my logic base around people that want to see a destruction of everything.

Somebody help me out here with the logic that goes with the kind of desire to have life on earth end. What am I missing?

Maybe I miss the fact some uneducated people believe they are 'special' and they would be saved, I just don't know.

Myself I am planning to make some scary looking Halloween food tomorrow with my granddaughter, and come Thanksgiving I also hope I have relief from the working pressure to have time for something more special for that little 2-year old life to remember. And then have her first Christmas she may actually recall as a holiday, a special day that people celebrate life's gifts. And the ones in 2013, and 2023, when she would be able to change my adult diaper for me...for a change.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

i was going to post something like what you said but didnt get to it.
idk why everyone wanted this to end the world? like.. lol @ the people who said it was going to block out the sun. elenin would have to be like 5 feet in front of you to block out a portion of the sun honestly

people these days willl believe the first sign of danger that a poster creates

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

news.yahoo.com...

Dont worry... the debris will come back around in about 12k years, so ATS will have something else to fear monger on at that time.

Mark your calendars!!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Anyone notice that when any of these events come around and turn out not to be true, the doomsayers are nowhere to be found? Why not come out and admit you were wrong?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

So many of the people probably feel retarded right now lol

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist
Anyone notice that when any of these events come around and turn out not to be true, the doomsayers are nowhere to be found? Why not come out and admit you were wrong?

Now you know as well as I do that doomsayers aren't capable of that.

Don't worry they will be back with a new ELE soon. Be patient, they're working on something as we type.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished AND Cobaltic1978

We need to call attention to the attitude that these doomsayers have, and make it a policy on ATS to have explicit evidence before getting all gung-ho about a doomsday theory, especially when it comes to particular LEOs, other celestial objects, and even dates. No pushing back of dates should be tolerated, for example, that elderly American evangelical preacher who predicted the date of the end of the world but then said it was different date once his first date passed.
We need to clean this forum up. I think this would be a worthwhile cause!

top topics

join